aol to discontinue access to newsgroups

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by MurphAssoc, Jan 26, 2005.

  1. MurphAssoc

    MurphAssoc Guest

    and we are looking for a new ISP - recommendations, please?
    TIA
    Judith

    Tags:

  2. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    MurphAssoc wrote:
    > and we are looking for a new ISP - recommendations, please?
    > TIA
    > Judith

    I'm "fussy" (toning down a term that Nancy uses for me) and I am
    impressed with optonline.net Download speeds typically are 8.5Mb and
    uploads around 1.5Mb, here in Poughkeepsie, NY anyhow.

    --
    Steve

    Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
    bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...

  3. Sam D.

    Sam D. Guest

    "MurphAssoc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > and we are looking for a new ISP - recommendations, please?

    3-4 months was all I could take with AOL when I first when online.

    I have had the same ISP, Infinity Internet Services, since 1997. It
    has changed hands several times and gone through a succession of
    acquisitions and mergers. But I have rarely had any reason to
    complain. And it has actually undergone a lot of improvement over the
    past 2-3 years. And they do provide full access to all the newsgroups.

  4. George

    George Guest

    MurphAssoc wrote:
    > and we are looking for a new ISP - recommendations, please?
    > TIA
    > Judith

    You will get more useful answers if you specify whether you want to
    replace aol dial up access with another ISPs dialup or you want to get
    broadband and your general location.

    In our case we have a cable modem from Adelphia. News group access is solid.

  5. jem

    jem Guest

    MurphAssoc wrote:
    > and we are looking for a new ISP - recommendations, please?
    > TIA
    > Judith

    Road Runner