Apologies to Douglas Adams...

Bugbear

Guest
I forget which of his books contains the Rain God, but yesterday, I
was the Headwind God. My loving servants came from all directions to
worship in my presence.

Man, that was a bugger of a ride home...

On 2007-02-06, Bugbear <[email protected]> wrote:
> I forget which of his books contains the Rain God,

It was in the Hitchhiker's series. I *think* it was "So Long, and Thanks
for All the Fish", but don't quote me on it.

> but yesterday, I
> was the Headwind God. My loving servants came from all directions to
> worship in my presence.

Conversely, I was wishing I'd cycled in yesterday. Tailwind in the
morning (northerly), and a tailwind in the evening (southerly) ... would
have been pure bliss. Curse this back of mine for acting up that
morning.

Stuart Lamble wrote:

> On 2007-02-06, Bugbear <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I forget which of his books contains the Rain God,

> It was in the Hitchhiker's series. I think it was "So Long, and Thanks
> for All the Fish", but don't quote me on it.

I would have said Long Dark Teatime of the Soul.

On 2007-02-06, Blue Heeler <[email protected]> wrote:
> Stuart Lamble wrote:
>
>> On 2007-02-06, Bugbear <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > I forget which of his books contains the Rain God,

>> It was in the Hitchhiker's series. I think it was "So Long, and Thanks
>> for All the Fish", but don't quote me on it.
>>

> I would have said Long Dark Teatime of the Soul.

Wiki claims "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish." His name's Rob
McKenna.

Nyah nyah! :)

Stuart Lamble wrote:

> On 2007-02-06, Blue Heeler <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Stuart Lamble wrote:

> >> It was in the Hitchhiker's series. I think it was "So Long, and

> Thanks >> for All the Fish", but don't quote me on it.
> >>

> > I would have said Long Dark Teatime of the Soul.

> Wiki claims "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish." His name's Rob
> McKenna.
>
> Nyah nyah! :)

OK,OK.....

Actually, on reflection I think the "Rain God" makes an appearance in
several of DA's books.

Have to accept that SLATFATF was prolly the first one.

--

Blue Heeler wrote:
> Stuart Lamble wrote:
>
>> On 2007-02-06, Bugbear <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> I forget which of his books contains the Rain God,

>> It was in the Hitchhiker's series. I think it was "So Long, and Thanks
>> for All the Fish", but don't quote me on it.
>>

> I would have said Long Dark Teatime of the Soul.

I'm pretty sure it is in "So Long...". I've been reading my copy at
home recently. The rain god is the poor truck driver, that Arthur keeps
bumping into, who finds it's always raining wherever he is. He has a
list of something like 170 types of rain that he has encountered.

Mind you, I've just re-read the whole trilogy recently and might have
confused the books... :)

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

On Feb 6, 12:03 pm, Stuart Lamble
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2007-02-06, Blue Heeler <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Stuart Lamble wrote:

> >> It was in the Hitchhiker's series. I think it was "So Long, and Thanks
> >> for All the Fish", but don't quote me on it.

> > I would have said Long Dark Teatime of the Soul.

> Wiki claims "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish." His name's Rob
> McKenna.
>
> Nyah nyah! :)
>
> --
> My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me, and
> the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@" to "usenet".

Oi...doing a web search is cheating :)

On 2007-02-06, Bugbear <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 12:03 pm, Stuart Lamble
><[email protected]> wrote:

>> > I would have said Long Dark Teatime of the Soul.

>> Wiki claims "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish." His name's Rob
>> McKenna.
>>
>> Nyah nyah! :)

> Oi...doing a web search is cheating :)

Only if you do it *before* you publically state your answer. :)

Bugbear wrote:

>> My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me, and
>> the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@" to "usenet".

> Oi...doing a web search is cheating :)

Do I take the points for going to the source then? :)

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying