Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Approaching Milestone for ARBR

Started by Edward Dolan · · Last activity · 174 posts · 7,940 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
30 July 2005
Last activity
25 August 2005
Original author
Edward Dolan
Posts
174
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
7,940
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 141–160 of 174
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Johnny ReBike" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Edward Dolan said:

    ...
    It is OK to live your life and not reproduce once you forego sex.
    However,

    if you are into sex, then you are into reproduction. What is so difficult
    to
    understand about this?

    If I thought there was a great shortage of human beings in the world I
    might
    get busy myself. But I have always thought exactly the opposite. There
    are

    way too many human beings in the world. Therefore, my contribution to the
    world ecology has been not to reproduce. Plenty of other idiots are doing
    that and as a result the world ecology is becoming unbalanced with way
    too

    many humans.

    Hey Eddie D.,

    A lot of people on ARBR think you should go and f..., er copulate with
    yourself.

    A lot of people on ARBR are fools like you. So what else is new?

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka
    Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

  2. "Johnny ReBike" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Mike Rice said:

    Frankly I blamed this on the likes of you and Mr. Sherman. Notice the
    past tense in that sentaence.

    Mr. Sherman is gone (hard at work at his job, no doubt), yet slacker E. D.
    continues to post useless crapola. Who is the problem here?

    Sherman the Tom is gone and may he stay gone forever. Speaking of useless
    crapola, we sure do not need his liberal, socialist, communist propaganda on
    this group. It would only lead idiots like you astray.

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka
    Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

  3. Johnny ReBike said:


    Mike Rice said:

    Frankly I blamed this on the likes of you and Mr. Sherman. Notice the
    past tense in that sentaence.

    Mr. Sherman is gone (hard at work at his job, no doubt), yet slacker E. D.
    continues to post useless crapola. Who is the problem here?

    As Mr. Ed's self proclaimed 'milestone' nears this group is becoming a
    ghost town. eddie's egocentric braying has cluttered the landscape so
    badly that all that is left seems to be his inane chatter. He has
    become reduced to talking to himself. I wish Wilbur would regain some
    control, but fear that the barn door has too long been left open.

    At least we have our resident poet to provide some relief, even if
    the name of the group has become (temporarily, one hopes) irrelevant.

    Indiana Mike

  4. Edward Dolan said:

    Nature (evolution) made a tremendou mistake by polacing the reporductinve
    fucntion so cleos toe the exretroy fucntion. Ideally the reporductinve fucn
    shoud be far remoed fromt eh excretory fucntion, maybe in teh uppre abdomen
    slightly above the somach (navel?). Wayne Logo, the Poet of ARBR, is nto
    smart enough to get his midn away from the groin. He constatnly consufese
    [censored] an [censored] with cum and sperm. But that is why I, Saint Edward teh Great
    am here, to set your straight and unconfuse you. [censored] and shti have to do
    with excretionl; cum and pserm have to do with reporduction.

    And he said:

    Damn, I hit Send instead of Spell Check.

    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain!!! Mr. Ed has finally
    revealed himself to be the Great Imposter! While he tries to pass
    himself off as a brilliant genius, we now see that, without his trusty
    spell-checker, he is nothing more than a semi-literate moron. Never
    have I seen such a long string of misspelled words in a row. And many
    of the words are not just slightly off (as if simply a typo), but
    rather horrifically misspelled, showing that the writer doesn't have
    the slightest clue how to spell these words.

    Saturday, August 20, 2005 will go down in history as the day that Sir
    Edward the Great has revealed that he really is just a horse's ass, and
    will henceforth go by the name Mr. Ed.

    --ROTB

  5. Hey again gang -

    I bet this dawn was not a bed of clover
    For one old TROLL with brutal wine hangover.

    I think the TROLL, not quite coherent, ranting,
    Began a message just before decanting
    Another jug of wine, deep red, enchanting...
    The zenith was this classic hackneyed chanting:

    Quoted message said:

    Great Saints like myself should shout and yell
    our Holiness at the top of our voices...

    Another tired old tune he keeps on piping,
    Though neither God nor we will buy his hyping.
    He took a few more swigs, then drooling, wiping
    With trembling hand, he kept right on mistyping:

    Quoted message said:

    Nature (evolution) made a tremendou mistake by polacing
    the eporductinve fucntion so cleos toe the exretroy
    fucntion. Ideally the reporductinve fucn shoud be far
    remoed fromt eh excretory fucntion, maybe in teh uppre...

    Do you believe that anyone created
    That message - incoherent, unabated,
    So poorly typed it couldn't be translated -
    Unless he'd gone way past intoxicated?

    I've often thought the TROLL has overstated
    His sloppy typing skill; he's annotated
    That trite excuse to foul-ups he's created
    So much... but now we see - it's OVERrated!

    The poor TROLL's typing truly is horrendous;
    WHOA! Talk about mistakes - that WAS tremendous,
    Way, way beyond mere stupid to stupendous -
    That style might top his content to offend us.

    But it takes more than clumsy hunt-and-peckers
    To screw words up that bad; this language wrecker's
    Well qualified to beta test spell checkers,
    Or try for Guiness, awing rubberneckers.

    Quoted message said:

    I think that happens because I constantly want to punch
    someone in the nose when I am on ARBR.

    Damn! One more thing to dread each time he's writing:
    Expecting more inciting, slighting, fighting -
    Along with repetitious rote reciting -
    Will make his postings even less inviting,

    Quoted message said:

    I [The TROLL] will have to take him [Wayne] to the
    woodshed for a good cracking around his nether parts.

    The TROLL's just teasing, folks, by talking dirty
    To get himself worked up and feeling squirty.
    His NAMBLA rules won't let him get past 'flirty'
    With any guy who's clearly over thirty.

    Quoted message said:

    [MORE MUDDLED GIBBERISH SUBSEQUENTLY MADE MORE
    READABLE YET EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS BY HIS REPOST]

    Verbatim quote's a chore that I'm forgoin' -
    Some churlish, childish slur about the groin.

    The old TROLL's logorrhea freely flowin',
    He charged that I'm confused, despite well knowin':
    (Unlike himself, to judge from his last showin'😉
    I do know if I'm comin' or I'm goin'.

    Regards,
    Wayne

  6. "Mike Rice" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Johnny ReBike said:


    Mike Rice said:

    Frankly I blamed this on the likes of you and Mr. Sherman. Notice the
    past tense in that sentaence.

    Mr. Sherman is gone (hard at work at his job, no doubt), yet slacker E. D.
    continues to post useless crapola. Who is the problem here?

    As Mr. Ed's self proclaimed 'milestone' nears this group is becoming a
    ghost town. eddie's egocentric braying has cluttered the landscape so
    badly that all that is left seems to be his inane chatter. He has
    become reduced to talking to himself. I wish Wilbur would regain some
    control, but fear that the barn door has too long been left open.

    At least we have our resident poet to provide some relief, even if
    the name of the group has become (temporarily, one hopes) irrelevant.

    Indiana Mike

    Indiana Mike is as free as he ever was to post as many on-topic messages as
    his little heart desires. Unlike Johnny Rebike (Ed Gin), I NEVER interfere
    with such messages.

    Poor Indiana Mike does not have a clue about anything respecting this group.
    It was Johnny Rebike (Ed Gin) who destroyed this group. Don't believe me? Go
    back and have another look at the Google statistics for this group and you
    will immediately see where the big drop off occurred. It was in March of
    this year after Ed Gin completely destroyed this group with his forgeries,
    his Monkey Island crapola and his overall criminal behavior.

    But this group constantly gathers naifs like Indiana Mike who think they
    know enough to comment on the group. This group is now as dead as a door
    nail and all it took was just one criminal vandal troll to kill it. That is
    why I have such contempt for newsgroups and will soon be gone from here
    never to return. I have said it once or twice before, but it bears repeating
    for the blind and deaf: NEWSGROUPS ARE FOR IDIOTS AND MORONS!

    ARBR is never going to come back to where it was because no self respecting
    recumbent enthusiast of any dignity will have anything to do with it. If you
    want to post and/or read messages about recumbents go to BROL, or better yet
    subscribe to RCN, the only honest source for information about recumbents.

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka
    Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

  7. "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ed,

    You're the one living in mommy and daddy's house (not me) AND has the
    sex fetish!

    It is amazing to me how I keep hitting Send instead of Spell Check.
    Apparently, I have a subconscious desire to punch Perry in the nose.

    Here is the post corrected:

    Quoted message said:


    Apparently, the day Perry got out of his parents house was a red letter
    day for him. I also have no doubt his mommy and daddy were equally glad to
    see him go.

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka
    Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

  8. On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:03:26 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Mike Rice" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Johnny ReBike said:


    On 30-Jul-2005, Mike Rice <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > Frankly I blamed this on the likes of you and Mr. Sherman. Notice the
    > past tense in that sentaence.

    Mr. Sherman is gone (hard at work at his job, no doubt), yet slacker E. D.
    continues to post useless crapola. Who is the problem here?

    As Mr. Ed's self proclaimed 'milestone' nears this group is becoming a
    ghost town. eddie's egocentric braying has cluttered the landscape so
    badly that all that is left seems to be his inane chatter. He has
    become reduced to talking to himself. I wish Wilbur would regain some
    control, but fear that the barn door has too long been left open.

    At least we have our resident poet to provide some relief, even if
    the name of the group has become (temporarily, one hopes) irrelevant.

    Indiana Mike

    Indiana Mike is as free as he ever was to post as many on-topic messages as
    his little heart desires. Unlike Johnny Rebike (Ed Gin), I NEVER interfere
    with such messages.

    Poor Indiana Mike does not have a clue about anything respecting this group.
    It was Johnny Rebike (Ed Gin) who destroyed this group. Don't believe me? Go
    back and have another look at the Google statistics for this group and you
    will immediately see where the big drop off occurred. It was in March of
    this year after Ed Gin completely destroyed this group with his forgeries,
    his Monkey Island crapola and his overall criminal behavior.

    But this group constantly gathers naifs like Indiana Mike who think they
    know enough to comment on the group. This group is now as dead as a door
    nail and all it took was just one criminal vandal troll to kill it. That is
    why I have such contempt for newsgroups and will soon be gone from here
    never to return. I have said it once or twice before, but it bears repeating
    for the blind and deaf: NEWSGROUPS ARE FOR IDIOTS AND MORONS!

    ARBR is never going to come back to where it was because no self respecting
    recumbent enthusiast of any dignity will have anything to do with it. If you
    want to post and/or read messages about recumbents go to BROL, or better yet
    subscribe to RCN, the only honest source for information about recumbents.

    I must not have been paying attention, Ed. What does RCN stand for?

    Indiana Mike

  9. On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:03:26 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]>
    wrote:

    <major snip>

    Quoted message said:

    NEWSGROUPS ARE FOR IDIOTS AND MORONS!
    ...

    Must be why we feel so at home.

    Indiana Mike

  10. "ROTB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Edward Dolan said:

    Nature (evolution) made a tremendou mistake by polacing the reporductinve
    fucntion so cleos toe the exretroy fucntion. Ideally the reporductinve
    fucn
    shoud be far remoed fromt eh excretory fucntion, maybe in teh uppre
    abdomen
    slightly above the somach (navel?). Wayne Logo, the Poet of ARBR, is nto
    smart enough to get his midn away from the groin. He constatnly consufese
    [censored] an [censored] with cum and sperm. But that is why I, Saint Edward teh
    Great
    am here, to set your straight and unconfuse you. [censored] and shti have to do
    with excretionl; cum and pserm have to do with reporduction.

    And he said:

    Damn, I hit Send instead of Spell Check.

    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain!!! Mr. Ed has finally
    revealed himself to be the Great Imposter! While he tries to pass
    himself off as a brilliant genius, we now see that, without his trusty
    spell-checker, he is nothing more than a semi-literate moron. Never
    have I seen such a long string of misspelled words in a row. And many
    of the words are not just slightly off (as if simply a typo), but
    rather horrifically misspelled, showing that the writer doesn't have
    the slightest clue how to spell these words.

    All you have witnessed is the fact that I can't type worth a darn. I have
    repeatedly told this group that. I type very fast as I think very fast and
    so of course I only get the gist of many words down. For the first couple of
    years I did not have a spell check and I had to correct all the typos
    myself. The spell check is a big aid in correcting the typos and speeding up
    the process.

    What really amazes me is how I make the same old typos over and over.
    Apparently I cannot type the word the. It always comes out teh. But also
    invariably comes out btu. Nothing but typos of course. I should have taken
    typing classes when I was in high school, but it seemed at the time that
    only the girls took that course. I never wanted to be a typist, that is for
    sure.

    There are a few words which will trip me up every time I must admit. But
    even so, I have a doubt when the spelling is not correct, but I am sometimes
    too lazy to check on it. Believe you me, if I were writing to anyone except
    the morons and imbeciles who populate this newsgroup in great numbers,
    everything would be letter perfect.

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka
    Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

  11. "LoGo USA" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hey again gang -

    I bet this dawn was not a bed of clover
    For one old TROLL with brutal wine hangover.

    I think the TROLL, not quite coherent, ranting,
    Began a message just before decanting
    Another jug of wine, deep red, enchanting...
    The zenith was this classic hackneyed chanting:

    I actually think better when I am slightly high.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Great Saints like myself should shout and yell
    our Holiness at the top of our voices...

    Another tired old tune he keeps on piping,
    Though neither God nor we will buy his hyping.
    He took a few more swigs, then drooling, wiping
    With trembling hand, he kept right on mistyping:

    When others boast of their sinfulness, then I shall boast of my holiness.
    What could be fairer than that.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Nature (evolution) made a tremendou mistake by polacing
    the eporductinve fucntion so cleos toe the exretroy
    fucntion. Ideally the reporductinve fucn shoud be far
    remoed fromt eh excretory fucntion, maybe in teh uppre...

    Nothing but typos.

    Quoted message said:

    Do you believe that anyone created
    That message - incoherent, unabated,
    So poorly typed it couldn't be translated -
    Unless he'd gone way past intoxicated?

    I believe I re-posted it perfectly correct so that even a poet could
    understand it.

    Quoted message said:

    I've often thought the TROLL has overstated
    His sloppy typing skill; he's annotated
    That trite excuse to foul-ups he's created
    So much... but now we see - it's OVERrated!

    Nothing but typos.

    Quoted message said:

    The poor TROLL's typing truly is horrendous;
    WHOA! Talk about mistakes - that WAS tremendous,
    Way, way beyond mere stupid to stupendous -
    That style might top his content to offend us.

    Style and content go together as all poets know only too well. Verse is much
    more about style than content. I used to read the Romantic poets until I
    decided their verse was almost devoid of content. It was way too much effort
    for not much return.

    Quoted message said:

    But it takes more than clumsy hunt-and-peckers
    To screw words up that bad; this language wrecker's
    Well qualified to beta test spell checkers,
    Or try for Guiness, awing rubberneckers.

    Nothing but typos.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I think that happens because I constantly want to punch
    someone in the nose when I am on ARBR.

    Damn! One more thing to dread each time he's writing:
    Expecting more inciting, slighting, fighting -
    Along with repetitious rote reciting -
    Will make his postings even less inviting,

    Quoted message said:

    I [The TROLL] will have to take him [Wayne] to the
    woodshed for a good cracking around his nether parts.

    The TROLL's just teasing, folks, by talking dirty
    To get himself worked up and feeling squirty.
    His NAMBLA rules won't let him get past 'flirty'
    With any guy who's clearly over thirty.

    You were the one who brought up the subject of sex. When you do so, I will
    retaliate the same as I do when you bring up the subject of excrement.
    Either way you lose as both those subjects destroy your not otherwise bad
    verse.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    [MORE MUDDLED GIBBERISH SUBSEQUENTLY MADE MORE
    READABLE YET EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS BY HIS REPOST]

    Verbatim quote's a chore that I'm forgoin' -
    Some churlish, childish slur about the groin.

    You are working ten times harder than I am. Therefore, why get sidetracked
    by sex and excrement. Stay away from the groin unless you are having major
    problems in that area.

    Quoted message said:

    The old TROLL's logorrhea freely flowin',
    He charged that I'm confused, despite well knowin':
    (Unlike himself, to judge from his last showin'😉
    I do know if I'm comin' or I'm goin'.

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka
    Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

  12. "Mike Rice" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:03:26 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Mike Rice" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:46:37 GMT, "Johnny ReBike"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >
    >On 30-Jul-2005, Mike Rice <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >> Frankly I blamed this on the likes of you and Mr. Sherman. Notice the
    >> past tense in that sentaence.
    >
    >Mr. Sherman is gone (hard at work at his job, no doubt), yet slacker E.
    >D.
    >continues to post useless crapola. Who is the problem here?

    As Mr. Ed's self proclaimed 'milestone' nears this group is becoming a
    ghost town. eddie's egocentric braying has cluttered the landscape so
    badly that all that is left seems to be his inane chatter. He has
    become reduced to talking to himself. I wish Wilbur would regain some
    control, but fear that the barn door has too long been left open.

    At least we have our resident poet to provide some relief, even if
    the name of the group has become (temporarily, one hopes) irrelevant.

    Indiana Mike

    Indiana Mike is as free as he ever was to post as many on-topic messages
    as
    his little heart desires. Unlike Johnny Rebike (Ed Gin), I NEVER interfere
    with such messages.

    Poor Indiana Mike does not have a clue about anything respecting this
    group.
    It was Johnny Rebike (Ed Gin) who destroyed this group. Don't believe me?
    Go
    back and have another look at the Google statistics for this group and you
    will immediately see where the big drop off occurred. It was in March of
    this year after Ed Gin completely destroyed this group with his forgeries,
    his Monkey Island crapola and his overall criminal behavior.

    But this group constantly gathers naifs like Indiana Mike who think they
    know enough to comment on the group. This group is now as dead as a door
    nail and all it took was just one criminal vandal troll to kill it. That
    is
    why I have such contempt for newsgroups and will soon be gone from here
    never to return. I have said it once or twice before, but it bears
    repeating
    for the blind and deaf: NEWSGROUPS ARE FOR IDIOTS AND MORONS!

    ARBR is never going to come back to where it was because no self
    respecting
    recumbent enthusiast of any dignity will have anything to do with it. If
    you
    want to post and/or read messages about recumbents go to BROL, or better
    yet
    subscribe to RCN, the only honest source for information about recumbents.

    I must not have been paying attention, Ed. What does RCN stand for?

    Indiana Mike

    It is appropriate to use initials for recumbent specific words on this
    recumbent newsgroup.

    RCN stand for Recumbent Cyclist News. It is a publication by Robert Bryant
    of Washington who does practically all the work of the magazine himself. He
    has been doing this for many years now and has earned great credibility in
    the world of recumbents as a result of his honesty and forthrightness. It is
    a magazine for recumbent enthusiasts and not any industry sales flyer like
    so many others I could name.

    By the way, I have every issue of RCN going back to the beginning. Those of
    you who think BROL is the cat's pajamas are naive in the extreme. BROL is a
    Johnny come lately and their reviews are highly suspect.

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka
    Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

  13. "ROTB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Edward Dolan wrote:


    [...]

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Damn, I hit Send instead of Spell Check.

    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain!!! Mr. Ed has finally
    revealed himself to be the Great Imposter! While he tries to pass
    himself off as a brilliant genius, we now see that, without his trusty
    spell-checker, he is nothing more than a semi-literate moron. Never
    have I seen such a long string of misspelled words in a row. And many
    of the words are not just slightly off (as if simply a typo), but
    rather horrifically misspelled, showing that the writer doesn't have
    the slightest clue how to spell these words.

    There is another factor at work here besides the fact that I can't type
    worth a darn. That is that I am posting half a dozen or so messages for
    every one that others are posting. This group would be mostly dead by now if
    it weren't for me. Shortly when I leave, you will see this group die
    completely as only morons and imbeciles will be left to scatter their seed.

    I will soon become the all time most prolific and prolix poster ever to ARBR
    (from a single email address) and then it will be my pleasure to leave you
    to yourselves. That is all that any of you deserve. You certainly don't
    deserve me. You will become like the Australian bike group which is into
    nothing but one liners - ever the hallmark of idiots.

    Quoted message said:

    Saturday, August 20, 2005 will go down in history as the day that Sir
    Edward the Great has revealed that he really is just a horse's ass, and
    will henceforth go by the name Mr. Ed.

    Well, Tom the Sherman did that sort of nonsense like forever and never
    seemed to tire of it. For a grown man he had a very juvenile sense of humor,
    not to say retarded. However, it doesn't really work with me because my
    brilliance comes shining through no matter what. Genius like mine can never
    be denied.

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka
    Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

  14. On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:42:16 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Mike Rice" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I must not have been paying attention, Ed. What does RCN stand for?

    Indiana Mike

    It is appropriate to use initials for recumbent specific words on this
    recumbent newsgroup.

    RCN stand for Recumbent Cyclist News. It is a publication by Robert Bryant
    of Washington who does practically all the work of the magazine himself. He
    has been doing this for many years now and has earned great credibility in
    the world of recumbents as a result of his honesty and forthrightness. It is
    a magazine for recumbent enthusiasts and not any industry sales flyer like
    so many others I could name.

    By the way, I have every issue of RCN going back to the beginning. Those of
    you who think BROL is the cat's pajamas are naive in the extreme. BROL is a
    Johnny come lately and their reviews are highly suspect.

    Thanks for the info, from the letters RCN I knew that you were
    refering to Recumbent Cycling News, although some lurkers may not have
    been familiar with that august publication.

    You may have been the only one on this forum who missed my little joke
    (quoted above). 'Attention' being the primary word in ADD and ADHD
    mentioned in another thread. Do you still pretend not to be familiar
    with Adult Attention Disorder?

    Indiana Mike

  15. "Mike Rice" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:42:16 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]>
    wrote:


    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    You may have been the only one on this forum who missed my little joke
    (quoted above). 'Attention' being the primary word in ADD and ADHD
    mentioned in another thread. Do you still pretend not to be familiar
    with Adult Attention Disorder?

    Indiana Mike

    It is incumbent on the writer who uses initials to explain what they stand
    for when asked. If one does not want to be asked what the initials mean,
    then write it out in full. The reader need never look up anything provided
    he is proficient in the English language as commonly written and understood.

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka
    Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

  16. "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Mike Rice" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:42:16 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]>
    wrote:


    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    You may have been the only one on this forum who missed my little joke
    (quoted above). 'Attention' being the primary word in ADD and ADHD
    mentioned in another thread. Do you still pretend not to be familiar
    with Adult Attention Disorder?

    Indiana Mike

    It is incumbent on the writer who uses initials to explain what they stand
    for when asked. If one does not want to be asked what the initials mean,
    then write it out in full. The reader need never look up anything provided
    he is proficient in the English language as commonly written and
    understood.

    --

    Ed is right.

    I too am weary of those who love to unremittingly spew acronyms and jargon
    at the populace. I find these people monotonous and uninteresting and
    communication suffers
    because of them. From my experience they can usually be found working in
    the lower levels of government or schools.

    And no, I don't know what the letters ADHD might stand for - nor is it
    important enough for me to bother looking it up.

    Ed isn't the only one who feels this way.

  17. "HHS" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Ed is right.

    I too am weary of those who love to unremittingly spew acronyms and
    jargon at the populace. I find these people monotonous and uninteresting
    and communication suffers
    because of them. From my experience they can usually be found working in
    the lower levels of government or schools.

    And no, I don't know what the letters ADHD might stand for - nor is it
    important enough for me to bother looking it up.

    Ed isn't the only one who feels this way.

    Then don't look it up if you feel that way. You must realize that some
    acronyms become part of the language. Some are passing and some aren't.
    Somehow I don't imagine that you object to people who use FBI, CIA, DEA,
    USA, NYPD, or any of many that you happen to be familiar with. You would
    consider it strange if they didn't use the acronym because the acronym has
    become part of the general language. For that matter LOL, ROTFL and many
    other internet acronyms are also accepted without resistance. If I say ISP,
    AOL, DSL, ISDN, etc. I don't get accused of being uninteresting.

    So you are not familiar with ADD and ADHD but many people are. It has made
    the cover of many national magazines, been reported extensively on network
    and cable television news, and is generally pretty well known. It really
    doesn't qualify as jargon at this point. It is merely something that you
    haven't been exposed to and don't understand. All of this started because of
    a joke that was made in which it was suggested that Ed suffered from ADHD.
    If you want to get the joke then you are going to have to look it up. Based
    on the number of hits you will get I think you will find that it is hardly
    obscure.

    Jargon and "shop talk" have their place and there are places where they
    clearly don't belong including most newsgroups. Not everything that you
    don't understand is jargon, however, some of it is just things with which
    you are unfamiliar.

    Jeff

  18. Edward Doofus said:

    Indiana Mike is as free as he ever was to post as many on-topic messages
    as
    his little heart desires. Unlike Johnny Rebike (Ed Gin), I NEVER interfere

    with such messages.

    Poor Indiana Mike does not have a clue about anything respecting this
    group.
    It was Johnny Rebike (Ed Gin) who destroyed this group. Don't believe me?
    Go
    back and have another look at the Google statistics for this group and you

    will immediately see where the big drop off occurred. It was in March of
    this year after Ed Gin completely destroyed this group with his forgeries,

    his Monkey Island crapola and his overall criminal behavior.

    Eddie boy,

    Johnny ReBike is not Ed Gin. Only a doofus would think that.

    --
    Johnny ReBike
    ReBike - Slowest Bike in the Known Universe

    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

  19. "Jeff Grippe" <jeff@door7> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "HHS" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Ed is right.

    I too am weary of those who love to unremittingly spew acronyms and
    jargon at the populace. I find these people monotonous and uninteresting
    and communication suffers
    because of them. From my experience they can usually be found working in
    the lower levels of government or schools.

    And no, I don't know what the letters ADHD might stand for - nor is it
    important enough for me to bother looking it up.

    Ed isn't the only one who feels this way.

    Then don't look it up if you feel that way. You must realize that some
    acronyms become part of the language. Some are passing and some aren't.
    Somehow I don't imagine that you object to people who use FBI, CIA, DEA,
    USA, NYPD, or any of many that you happen to be familiar with. You would
    consider it strange if they didn't use the acronym because the acronym has
    become part of the general language. For that matter LOL, ROTFL and many
    other internet acronyms are also accepted without resistance. If I say
    ISP, AOL, DSL, ISDN, etc. I don't get accused of being uninteresting.

    Yeah that's fine. Mentioning FBI, USA, and CIA isn't exactly what I would
    call unremittant spewing of acronyms and jargon. And yes, I know AOL stands
    for America On Line. But truth be known I don't know what the acronyms DSL
    (Direct Service Line?) and ISDN stand for. Would you tell me if I asked?

    Quoted message said:


    So you are not familiar with ADD and ADHD but many people are. It has made
    the cover of many national magazines, been reported extensively on network
    and cable television news, and is generally pretty well known. It really
    doesn't qualify as jargon at this point. It is merely something that you
    haven't been exposed to and don't understand. All of this started because
    of a joke that was made in which it was suggested that Ed suffered from
    ADHD. If you want to get the joke then you are going to have to look it
    up. Based on the number of hits you will get I think you will find that it
    is hardly obscure.

    ADD I suspect is Attention Deficit Disorder, but I don't know what ADHD
    stands for. I suppose I should pay more attention to magazine covers.
    Could it possibly be a disorder that people who constantly make up new
    acronyms might suffer from? That would be my hope.

    Quoted message said:


    <snip> Not everything that you

    Quoted message said:

    don't understand is jargon, however, some of it is just things with which
    you are unfamiliar.

    Can you give me an example?

  20. "Jeff Grippe" <jeff@door7> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "HHS" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Ed is right.

    I too am weary of those who love to unremittingly spew acronyms and
    jargon at the populace. I find these people monotonous and uninteresting
    and communication suffers
    because of them. From my experience they can usually be found working in
    the lower levels of government or schools.

    And no, I don't know what the letters ADHD might stand for - nor is it
    important enough for me to bother looking it up.

    Ed isn't the only one who feels this way.

    Then don't look it up if you feel that way.

    I sure as hell won't look up anything that is not in common usage. It is
    presumptuous and arrogant of others to not spell things out.

    You must realize that some

    Quoted message said:

    acronyms become part of the language.

    Some few do, but most don't. It is only the bamboozlers who pretend to know
    more than they actually do that resort to initials and acronyms. Is the
    hallmark of the ignorant.

    Some are passing and some aren't.

    Quoted message said:

    Somehow I don't imagine that you object to people who use FBI, CIA, DEA,
    USA, NYPD, or any of many that you happen to be familiar with. You would
    consider it strange if they didn't use the acronym because the acronym has
    become part of the general language.

    Those you list above are in the common language of every American. They may
    or may not be in the common language of non-Americans. You presume too much.
    Still, I do like to read the full version of what initials and acronyms
    stand for every now and then. The New York Police Department instead of
    NYPD. Yes!

    For that matter LOL, ROTFL and many

    Quoted message said:

    other internet acronyms are also accepted without resistance. If I say
    ISP, AOL, DSL, ISDN, etc. I don't get accused of being uninteresting.

    All of the above could be spelled out. It is annoying and irritating to be
    confronted with this idiotic jargon. Frankly, I am fed up with it. Computer
    nerds are the lowest scum there is. Screw them!

    Quoted message said:

    So you are not familiar with ADD and ADHD but many people are. It has made
    the cover of many national magazines, been reported extensively on network
    and cable television news, and is generally pretty well known. It really
    doesn't qualify as jargon at this point. It is merely something that you
    haven't been exposed to and don't understand. All of this started because
    of a joke that was made in which it was suggested that Ed suffered from
    ADHD. If you want to get the joke then you are going to have to look it
    up. Based on the number of hits you will get I think you will find that it
    is hardly obscure.

    I will not look up [censored] like this. I asked what it meant and all I get are
    know it all comments from idiots like you. Write it out if you want to be
    understood.

    Quoted message said:

    Jargon and "shop talk" have their place and there are places where they
    clearly don't belong including most newsgroups. Not everything that you
    don't understand is jargon, however, some of it is just things with which
    you are unfamiliar.

    I do think it is appropriate to use some recumbent shortcuts on this group
    since it is a recumbent newsgroup. But never assume that others will know
    what you are talking about when you get into other types of jargon and using
    initials and acronyms which have nothing to do with recumbents.

    I was taught in school to use the King's English. I have read thousands of
    books that also use the King's English. Damn it all to Hell, I am not going
    to bother with those who do not use the King's English!

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka
    Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.