Apricot Jewel Update

Tank

Guest
Well, my wife made the Apricot Jewel cookies, but as I cannot have any sugar at all, they were made
as an entirely sugar-free cookie. It worked very well. She used Splenda for the sweetner, and all-
fruit apricot preserves. They were very moist and yummy!

Then, as a twist, she made a thumbprint cookie out of them. She pulled them halfway through the
bake, used a melon baller to make a depression, and spooned apricot preserves into them. They truly
look beautiful coming out of the oven, and they are even yummier with the added preserves.She also
did a version with black raspberry preserves, also sugar free. I cracked a fresh coconut for the
meat, and used an aluminum ice cream scoop to shave it out.

Right now, they are so warm, there is a only a skin over the preserves, and inside they are very
runny. When these set up, and are cold, they are going to be something special. The filled ones look
very cool, like a jewel in a big setting.

Many thanks to Z Girl for the basic recipe, and I hope you don't mind the little twists.

--
Tank

This Space To Let For Christmas

Tank wrote:

> Well, my wife made the Apricot Jewel cookies, but as I cannot have any sugar at all, they were
> made as an entirely sugar-free cookie.

Fruit is full of sugar, I thought I should tell you. They do sound delicious, can you email me
one? (smile)

nancy

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tank wrote:
> >
> > Well, my wife made the Apricot Jewel cookies, but as I cannot have any sugar at all, they were
> > made as an entirely sugar-free cookie.
>
> Fruit is full of sugar, I thought I should tell you. They do sound delicious, can you email me
> one? (smile)
>
> nancy

Ah, I need to clarify. I cannot have any refined sugars, such as white or brown sugar, maple syrup,
corn syrup and honey. Natural fruit sugars are not a problem for me at all.

--

Tank wrote:

> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Tank wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, my wife made the Apricot Jewel cookies, but as I cannot have any sugar at all, they were
> > > made as an entirely sugar-free cookie.
> >
> > Fruit is full of sugar, I thought I should tell you. They do sound delicious, can you email me
> > one? (smile)

> Ah, I need to clarify. I cannot have any refined sugars, such as white or brown sugar, maple
> syrup, corn syrup and honey. Natural fruit sugars are not a problem for me at all.

That's great to hear, and happy you liked your cookies.

nancy