Apricot Kernels

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Bew, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Bew

    Bew Guest

    I am interested to know if anyone has had success using apricot kernels to combat cancer . I have a
    friend who has had terrific success with kernels plus high doses of antioxidants and other natural
    products , I am curious to hear of others who have also had positive results .

    Cheers

    ---

    Release Date: 18/02/2004

    Tags:

  2. "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > I am interested to know if anyone has had success using apricot kernels
    > combat cancer . I have a friend who has had terrific success with
    kernels
    > plus high doses of antioxidants and other natural products , I am
    curious
    > to hear of others who have also had positive results .
    >
    > Cheers
    >

    > ---

    There is no sound scientific evidence to support the claim that eating apricot kernels will prevent
    or cure cancer. In fact, this practice can be dangerous and potentially fatal. Apricot kernels
    contain a substance called amygdalin. When the kernels are chewed, cut or crushed the amygdalin
    produces the poison cyanide. Depending on the number of kernels eaten, the cyanide can be poisonous
    with a range of symptoms from dizziness to coma and death. The characteristic almond like smell in
    almonds is due to benzaldehyde, another degradation product of amygdalin.

  3. Viewer

    Viewer Guest

    "Rich Andrews." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > I am interested to know if anyone has had success using apricot kernels
    > > combat cancer . I have a friend who has had terrific success with
    > kernels
    > > plus high doses of antioxidants and other natural products , I am
    > curious
    > > to hear of others who have also had positive results .
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >

    > > ---
    > >

    > There is no sound scientific evidence to support the claim that eating apricot kernels will
    > prevent or cure cancer. In fact, this practice can be dangerous and potentially fatal. Apricot
    > kernels contain a substance called amygdalin. When the kernels are chewed, cut or crushed the
    > amygdalin produces the poison cyanide. Depending on the number of kernels eaten, the cyanide can
    > be poisonous with a range of symptoms from dizziness to coma and death. The characteristic almond
    > like smell in almonds is due to benzaldehyde, another degradation product of amygdalin.

    > Nothing beats the bandwidth of a station wagon filled with DLT tapes.

    Apparently you can't read very well , I didn't ask for a explanation of what an apricot kernel is ,
    I already know that .

    ---

    Release Date: 18/02/2004

  4. Anth

    Anth Guest

    I know of someone who was taking apricot kernels for prostate cancer - approx 30 a day - he's dead
    now. I really thought he was going to get well, he did also. Still this proves nothing. If you go
    out looking for testimonials what you will find is what you are looking for - people who claim they
    have got well on apricot kernals. Anth

    "Viewer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Rich Andrews." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    > >
    > > > I am interested to know if anyone has had success using apricot
    kernels
    > > > combat cancer . I have a friend who has had terrific success with
    > > kernels
    > > > plus high doses of antioxidants and other natural products , I am
    > > curious
    > > > to hear of others who have also had positive results .
    > > >
    > > > Cheers
    > > >

    > > > ---
    > > >

    > > There is no sound scientific evidence to support the claim that eating apricot kernels will
    > > prevent or cure cancer. In fact, this practice can
    be
    > > dangerous and potentially fatal. Apricot kernels contain a substance called amygdalin. When the
    > > kernels are chewed, cut or crushed the amygdalin produces the poison cyanide. Depending on the
    > > number of
    kernels
    > > eaten, the cyanide can be poisonous with a range of symptoms from dizziness to coma and death.
    > > The characteristic almond like smell in almonds is due to benzaldehyde, another degradation
    > > product of
    amygdalin.

    > > --
    > > Nothing beats the bandwidth of a station wagon filled with DLT tapes.
    > >

    > Apparently you can't read very well , I didn't ask for a explanation of
    what
    > an apricot kernel is , I already know that .
    >

    > ---

    > - Release Date: 18/02/2004

  5. "Viewer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Rich Andrews." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    > >
    > > > I am interested to know if anyone has had success using apricot
    kernels
    > > > combat cancer . I have a friend who has had terrific success with
    > > kernels
    > > > plus high doses of antioxidants and other natural products , I am
    > > curious
    > > > to hear of others who have also had positive results .
    > > >
    > > > Cheers
    > > >

    > > > ---
    > > >

    > > There is no sound scientific evidence to support the claim that eating apricot kernels will
    > > prevent or cure cancer. In fact, this practice can
    be
    > > dangerous and potentially fatal. Apricot kernels contain a substance called amygdalin. When the
    > > kernels are chewed, cut or crushed the amygdalin produces the poison cyanide. Depending on the
    > > number of
    kernels
    > > eaten, the cyanide can be poisonous with a range of symptoms from dizziness to coma and death.
    > > The characteristic almond like smell in almonds is due to benzaldehyde, another degradation
    > > product of
    amygdalin.

    > > --
    > > Nothing beats the bandwidth of a station wagon filled with DLT tapes.
    > >

    > Apparently you can't read very well , I didn't ask for a explanation of
    what
    > an apricot kernel is , I already know that .

    Obviously, you do not appreciate sound advice....

    Amygdalin, a/k/a Laetrile, Vitamin B-17, has never been shown to have any effect on cancer.

    And, an amygdalin seller murdered my aunt....

  6. "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I know of someone who was taking apricot kernels for prostate cancer - approx 30 a day - he's dead
    > now. I really thought he was going to get well, he did also. Still this proves nothing.

    Avtually, it proves that in his case it did ntowrk, which should give pause to anyone who is
    thinking about it.

    > If you go out looking for testimonials what you will find is what you are looking for - people who
    > claim they have got well on apricot kernals. Anth
    >
    > "Viewer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Rich Andrews." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > kernels
    > > > kernels
    > > > curious

    > > > There is no sound scientific evidence to support the claim that eating apricot kernels will
    > > > prevent or cure cancer. In fact, this practice
    can
    > be
    > > > dangerous and potentially fatal. Apricot kernels contain a substance called amygdalin. When
    > > > the kernels are chewed, cut or crushed the amygdalin produces the poison cyanide. Depending on
    > > > the number of
    > kernels
    > > > eaten, the cyanide can be poisonous with a range of symptoms from dizziness to coma and death.
    > > > The characteristic almond like smell in almonds is due to benzaldehyde, another degradation
    > > > product of
    > amygdalin.

    > > > --
    > > > Nothing beats the bandwidth of a station wagon filled with DLT tapes.
    > > >

    > > Apparently you can't read very well , I didn't ask for a explanation of
    > what
    > > an apricot kernel is , I already know that .
    > >

    > > ---

    > > 375 - Release Date: 18/02/2004

  7. Anth

    Anth Guest

    Doesn't even prove that it didn't work because you can't be sure how long he would have lived
    without them. Anth

    "Mark Probert-February 26, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:2GI%[email protected]...

    > "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I know of someone who was taking apricot kernels for prostate cancer - approx 30 a day - he's
    > > dead now. I really thought he was going to get well, he did also. Still this
    proves
    > > nothing.
    >
    > Avtually, it proves that in his case it did ntowrk, which should give
    pause
    > to anyone who is thinking about it.
    >
    > > If you go out looking for testimonials what you will find is what you
    are
    > > looking for - people who claim they have got well on apricot kernals. Anth
    > >
    > > "Viewer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Rich Andrews." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    news:[email protected]:

    > > kernels

    > can
    > > be
    > > kernels
    > > amygdalin.

    > > > Apparently you can't read very well , I didn't ask for a explanation
    of
    > > what
    > > > an apricot kernel is , I already know that .
    > > >

    > > > ---

    > > > 375 - Release Date: 18/02/2004

  8. "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Doesn't even prove that it didn't work because you can't be sure how long
    he
    > would have lived without them.

    If he is dead, and he took them to cure his cancer, then it is obvious that it did not work.

    > Anth
    >
    > "Mark Probert-February 26, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:2GI%[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I know of someone who was taking apricot kernels for prostate cancer - approx 30 a day - he's
    > > > dead now. I really thought he was going to get well, he did also. Still this
    > proves
    > > > nothing.
    > >
    > > Avtually, it proves that in his case it did ntowrk, which should give
    > pause
    > > to anyone who is thinking about it.
    > >
    > > > If you go out looking for testimonials what you will find is what you
    > are
    > > > looking for - people who claim they have got well on apricot kernals. Anth

    > news:[email protected]:

    > > > kernels

    > eating
    > > can
    > > > be
    > > > kernels
    in
    > > > amygdalin.

    > tapes.

    > of
    > > > what

  9. Bew

    Bew Guest

    wrote in message news:cFI%[email protected]...

    > "Viewer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Rich Andrews." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > kernels
    > > > kernels
    > > > curious

    > > > There is no sound scientific evidence to support the claim that eating apricot kernels will
    > > > prevent or cure cancer. In fact, this practice
    can
    > be
    > > > dangerous and potentially fatal. Apricot kernels contain a substance called amygdalin. When
    > > > the kernels are chewed, cut or crushed the amygdalin produces the poison cyanide. Depending on
    > > > the number of
    > kernels
    > > > eaten, the cyanide can be poisonous with a range of symptoms from dizziness to coma and death.
    > > > The characteristic almond like smell in almonds is due to benzaldehyde, another degradation
    > > > product of
    > amygdalin.

    > > > --
    > > > Nothing beats the bandwidth of a station wagon filled with DLT tapes.
    > > >

    > > Apparently you can't read very well , I didn't ask for a explanation of
    > what
    > > an apricot kernel is , I already know that .
    >
    > Obviously, you do not appreciate sound advice....
    >
    > Amygdalin, a/k/a Laetrile, Vitamin B-17, has never been shown to have any effect on cancer.

    :: Oh , is that right ? , shown by who ?

    > And, an amygdalin seller murdered my aunt....

    :: Yeah ? , well a dose of radiation therapy killed mine ....

    ---

    Release Date: 18/02/2004

  10. Anth

    Anth Guest

    ..and a stupid MD with a bowel stent murdered my mam. Anth

    "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > :: Yeah ? , well a dose of radiation therapy killed mine ....
    > - Release Date: 18/02/2004

  11. Anth

    Anth Guest

    Bew, from my experience you won't ever get over your relative, you will always be asking the
    questions to yourself what could have been done. To a doctor it's just another cancer related death,
    to the family and people going through it, it's a horrible experience. It doesn't matter to them
    that they killed someone, it was an accident, they like to parrot that they save a few people - and
    are totally oblivious to the fact that there's people who hate their guts for what they did both
    mentally and physically to the surviving family. I'd like to dump all that is in my mind (and my
    families) and pass this through their minds every day like it happens to me. Anth

    "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Mark Probert-February 26, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:cFI%[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Viewer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Rich Andrews." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    news:[email protected]:

    > > kernels

    > can
    > > be
    > > kernels
    > > amygdalin.

    > > > Apparently you can't read very well , I didn't ask for a explanation
    of
    > > what
    > > > an apricot kernel is , I already know that .
    > >
    > > Obviously, you do not appreciate sound advice....
    > >
    > > Amygdalin, a/k/a Laetrile, Vitamin B-17, has never been shown to have
    any
    > > effect on cancer.
    >
    > :: Oh , is that right ? , shown by who ?
    >

    > > And, an amygdalin seller murdered my aunt....
    >

    > :: Yeah ? , well a dose of radiation therapy killed mine ....
    > >

    > ---

    > - Release Date: 18/02/2004

  12. Anth

    Anth Guest

    There was no 'cure' for his cancer, it had spread - the only things medicine could offer him was
    palliative. How come the quacks in the Oasis of Hope Hospital have impressive results using it,
    typically in breast cancer? (They inject it in high doses through a drip) Personally I woudn't touch
    apricot kernals, although they do taste nice.. Anth

    "Mark Probert-February 26, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:mZI%[email protected]...

    > "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Doesn't even prove that it didn't work because you can't be sure how
    long
    > he
    > > would have lived without them.
    >
    > If he is dead, and he took them to cure his cancer, then it is obvious
    that
    > it did not work.

  13. "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Mark Probert-February 26, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:cFI%[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Viewer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Rich Andrews." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    news:[email protected]:

    > > kernels

    > can
    > > be
    > > kernels
    > > amygdalin.

    > > > Apparently you can't read very well , I didn't ask for a explanation
    of
    > > what
    > > > an apricot kernel is , I already know that .
    > >
    > > Obviously, you do not appreciate sound advice....
    > >
    > > Amygdalin, a/k/a Laetrile, Vitamin B-17, has never been shown to have
    any
    > > effect on cancer.
    >
    > :: Oh , is that right ? , shown by who ?

    By real scientists. Of course, if you have a disdain for facts, and rely on anecdotes, there are
    many of those.

    > > And, an amygdalin seller murdered my aunt....
    >

    > :: Yeah ? , well a dose of radiation therapy killed mine ....

    One dose?

  14. Bew

    Bew Guest

    "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bew, from my experience you won't ever get over your relative, you will always be asking the
    > questions to yourself what could have been done. To a doctor it's just another cancer related
    > death, to the family and
    people
    > going through it, it's a horrible experience. It doesn't matter to them that they killed someone,
    > it was an accident,
    they
    > like to parrot that they save a few people - and are totally oblivious to the fact that there's
    > people who hate their guts for what they did both mentally and physically to the surviving family.
    > I'd like to dump all that is in my mind (and my families) and pass this through their minds every
    > day like it happens to me. Anth
    >
    > "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Mark Probert-February 26, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:cFI%[email protected]...

    > news:[email protected]:

    > > > kernels

    > eating
    > > can
    > > > be
    > > > kernels
    in
    > > > amygdalin.

    > tapes.

    > of
    > > > what
    > > >
    > > > Obviously, you do not appreciate sound advice....
    > > >
    > > > Amygdalin, a/k/a Laetrile, Vitamin B-17, has never been shown to have
    > any
    > > > effect on cancer.
    > >
    > > :: Oh , is that right ? , shown by who ?
    > >

    > > > And, an amygdalin seller murdered my aunt....
    > >

    > > :: Yeah ? , well a dose of radiation therapy killed mine ....
    > > >

    > > ---

    > > 375 - Release Date: 18/02/2004

    ---

    Release Date: 18/02/2004

  15. Bew

    Bew Guest

    The major problem is that they think they have ALL the answers and know EVERYTHING when in reality
    many of them ( of course not all ) are just drug dispensers for the godlike drug companies and are
    just repeating a mantra given to them as legitimate . Most are very quick to condemn anything
    outside their sphere of learning ( as you see here on this ng ) and yet are blind to the havoc and
    misery that many of their methods inflict upon people
    . Their arrogance is usually shown by their habit of always talking down to others as if everyone is
    ignorant about things medical except for them . Bew

    "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bew, from my experience you won't ever get over your relative, you will always be asking the
    > questions to yourself what could have been done. To a doctor it's just another cancer related
    > death, to the family and
    people
    > going through it, it's a horrible experience. It doesn't matter to them that they killed someone,
    > it was an accident,
    they
    > like to parrot that they save a few people - and are totally oblivious to the fact that there's
    > people who hate their guts for what they did both mentally and physically to the surviving family.
    > I'd like to dump all that is in my mind (and my families) and pass this through their minds every
    > day like it happens to me. Anth
    >
    > "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Mark Probert-February 26, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:cFI%[email protected]...

    > news:[email protected]:

    > > > kernels

    > eating
    > > can
    > > > be
    > > > kernels
    in
    > > > amygdalin.

    > tapes.

    > of
    > > > what
    > > >
    > > > Obviously, you do not appreciate sound advice....
    > > >
    > > > Amygdalin, a/k/a Laetrile, Vitamin B-17, has never been shown to have
    > any
    > > > effect on cancer.
    > >
    > > :: Oh , is that right ? , shown by who ?
    > >

    > > > And, an amygdalin seller murdered my aunt....
    > >

    > > :: Yeah ? , well a dose of radiation therapy killed mine ....
    > > >

    > > ---

    > > 375 - Release Date: 18/02/2004

    ---

    Release Date: 18/02/2004

  16. Bew

    Bew Guest

    > snipped

    > By real scientists. Of course, if you have a disdain for facts, and rely
    on
    > anecdotes, there are many of those.

    ::::::
    Oh , are these the real scientists who developed all these lovely drugs we have today , none of
    which would seem to actually cure anything . The same ones who have all the answers on all things ?
    :::::::
    > > > And, an amygdalin seller murdered my aunt....
    > >

    > > :: Yeah ? , well a dose of radiation therapy killed mine ....
    >
    > One dose?

    ::::: Only one aunt ?

    ---

    Release Date: 18/02/2004

  17. "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Oh , are these the real scientists who developed all these lovely drugs we have today , none of
    > which would seem to actually cure anything . The same ones who have all the answers on all
    > things ?

    You may sneer all you like, but modern medications are a boon to mankind. Some do "actually cure"
    disease and save lives. Others are wonderfully palliative. Some maintain quality of life far higher
    and longer that would otherwise be possible.

    And, oops, you made another absolutely silly statement. You could search for years and you would
    never find a scientist or physician who claims to have "answers on all things." Especially
    scientists. When all the answers are found, all the scientists will have to look for new careers.

    --Rich

  18. Bew

    Bew Guest

    "Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > Oh , are these the real scientists who developed all these lovely drugs
    we
    > > have today , none of which would seem to actually cure anything . The
    same
    > > ones who have all the answers on all things ?
    >
    > You may sneer all you like, but modern medications are a boon to mankind. Some do "actually cure"
    > disease and save lives. Others are wonderfully palliative. Some maintain quality of life far
    > higher and longer that would otherwise be possible.
    >
    > And, oops, you made another absolutely silly statement. You could search
    for
    > years and you would never find a scientist or physician who claims to have "answers on all
    > things." Especially scientists. When all the answers are found, all the scientists will have to
    > look for new careers.
    >
    > --Rich

    Oh , cool . There are thousands and thousands of drugs out there , out of the thousands of these
    drugs it should be real easy to come up with a list of 100 that are designed to actually CURE
    anything , that would be a fair question .

    Kisses

    ---

    Release Date: 18/02/2004

  19. "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > > Oh , are these the real scientists who developed all these lovely
    drugs
    > we
    > > > have today , none of which would seem to actually cure anything . The
    > same
    > > > ones who have all the answers on all things ?
    > >
    > > You may sneer all you like, but modern medications are a boon to
    mankind.
    > > Some do "actually cure" disease and save lives. Others are wonderfully palliative. Some maintain
    > > quality of life far higher and longer that
    would
    > > otherwise be possible.
    > >
    > > And, oops, you made another absolutely silly statement. You could search
    > for
    > > years and you would never find a scientist or physician who claims to
    have
    > > "answers on all things." Especially scientists. When all the answers are found, all the
    > > scientists will have to look for new careers.
    > >
    > > --Rich
    >
    > Oh , cool . There are thousands and thousands of drugs out there , out of the thousands of these
    > drugs it should be real easy to come up with a
    list
    > of 100 that are designed to actually CURE anything , that would be a fair question .

    Antibiotics cure bacterial infections. There are hundreds of them...make your own list.

    Several chemotherapeutic agents cure childhood leukemias.

    Vaccines prevent viral diseases, and prevention trumps cure.

    Insulin certainly does not cure diabetes, but it makes it possible for diabetics who would otherwise
    have died young to lead long productive lives.

    Epinephrine and antihistamines and steroids cure acute allergy attacks (but not the
    underlying allergy).

    I am using the word "cure" here in the loose lay sense; the word is seldom used by physicians. So
    far as I know, there is no condition which can be "cured" by alternative medicine that is incurable
    by conventional medicine (although such claims are often made.)

    --Rich

  20. "Bew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > snipped
    >

    > > By real scientists. Of course, if you have a disdain for facts, and rely
    > on
    > > anecdotes, there are many of those.
    >
    > ::::::
    > Oh , are these the real scientists who developed all these lovely drugs we have today , none of
    > which would seem to actually cure anything . The same ones who have all the answers on all
    > things ?
    > :::::::
    > > >

    > > > :: Yeah ? , well a dose of radiation therapy killed mine ....
    > >
    > > One dose?
    >
    > ::::: Only one aunt ?

    I have noticed that you do not answer a simple direct question. Let's try it this way...

    Did one dose of radiation kill your relative?

    [ ] Yes [ ] No