Apricot Kernels

Their is no sound evidence to support what you have babbled about their contents. But
then...hey...your name is "Rich"

<PLONK> again

"Rich Andrews." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
> > I am interested to know if anyone has had success using apricot kernels
> > combat cancer . I have a friend who has had terrific success with
> kernels
> > plus high doses of antioxidants and other natural products , I am
> curious
> > to hear of others who have also had positive results .
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> > ---
> >

> There is no sound scientific evidence to support the claim that eating apricot kernels will
> prevent or cure cancer. In fact, this practice can be dangerous and potentially fatal. Apricot
> kernels contain a substance called amygdalin. When the kernels are chewed, cut or crushed the
> amygdalin produces the poison cyanide. Depending on the number of kernels eaten, the cyanide can
> be poisonous with a range of symptoms from dizziness to coma and death. The characteristic almond
> like smell in almonds is due to benzaldehyde, another degradation product of amygdalin.

> Nothing beats the bandwidth of a station wagon filled with DLT tapes.

>Subject: Apricot Kernels
>From: "Bew" qw@nonamewhatsover
>Date: 2/27/04 4:22 AM Eastern Standard Time
>

>I am interested to know if anyone has had success using apricot kernels to combat cancer . I have a
>friend who has had terrific success with kernels plus high doses of antioxidants and other natural
>products , I am curious to hear of others who have also had positive results .
>
>Cheers

My approach is to determine what kind of cancer you are dealing with. First, is it "natural" or
"induced". How advanced is it and just where is it?

If it is "natural", diet, lifestyle changes, and deep detox can restore health. I had one patient
with a malignant inoperable brain tumor which dissapeared in 30 days ( based upon her oncologists
interpretation of her brain scan.)

If it is "induced", then you will need additional help, the same as if a wound had become
grangrenous. You will have to cut it out or poison it out.

Here, in addition to what I would do for "natural" cancer, I would add some amygdalin, either from
apricots or apple seeds. This nutrient contains a nitrile, not a cyanide as some non-chemists would
have you believe. However, under enzymatic cleavage, it can release cyanide and a benzealdehyde.
Both are non-toxic to normal health cells, but are toxic to cancer cells.

If the pharmceutical industry can ever get this converted over to a synthetic, patentable product,
then we will have a much better chance at beating cancer by going to an oncologist at your local
poisoning center.

DrC PhD

"Viewer" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> "Rich Andrews." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>>
>> > I am interested to know if anyone has had success using apricot
kernels
>> > combat cancer . I have a friend who has had terrific success with
>> kernels
>> > plus high doses of antioxidants and other natural products , I am
>> curious
>> > to hear of others who have also had positive results .
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> >

>> > ---
>> >

>> There is no sound scientific evidence to support the claim that eating apricot kernels will
>> prevent or cure cancer. In fact, this practice can
be
>> dangerous and potentially fatal. Apricot kernels contain a substance called amygdalin. When the
>> kernels are chewed, cut or crushed the amygdalin produces the poison cyanide. Depending on the
>> number of
kernels
>> eaten, the cyanide can be poisonous with a range of symptoms from dizziness to coma and death.
>> The characteristic almond like smell in almonds is due to benzaldehyde, another degradation
>> product of
amygdalin.

>> --
>> Nothing beats the bandwidth of a station wagon filled with DLT tapes.
>>

> Apparently you can't read very well , I didn't ask for a explanation of
what
> an apricot kernel is , I already know that .

Now you also know that they are dangerous and can kill you too.

In article <[email protected]>, "Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover>
wrote:

> I am interested to know if anyone has had success using apricot kernels to combat cancer . I have
> a friend who has had terrific success with kernels plus high doses of antioxidants and other
> natural products , I am curious to hear of others who have also had positive results .

There is no objective evidence that apricot kernels are effective against cancer.

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

In article <[email protected]>,
"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I know of someone who was taking apricot kernels for prostate cancer - approx 30 a day - he's dead
> now. I really thought he was going to get well, he did also. Still this proves nothing. If you go
> out looking for testimonials what you will find is what you are looking for - people who claim
> they have got well on apricot kernals.

Too bad he doesn't realize that what he should really be looking for is well designed clinical
trials to test if apricot kernels actually do anything for cancer.

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Doesn't even prove that it didn't work because you can't be sure how long he would have lived
> without them.

Ah, but when people claim that such things DO work because they lived a certain amount of time,
their claims don't prove anything because you can't be sure how long they would have lived if they
didn't take them.

"Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> > Oh , are these the real scientists who developed all these lovely drugs we have today , none of
> > which would seem to actually cure anything . The same ones who have all the answers on all
> > things ?
>
> You may sneer all you like, but modern medications are a boon to mankind. Some do "actually cure"
> disease and save lives. Others are wonderfully palliative. Some maintain quality of life far
> higher and longer that would otherwise be possible.
>
> And, oops, you made another absolutely silly statement. You could search for years and you would
> never find a scientist or physician who claims to have "answers on all things." Especially
> scientists. When all the answers are found, all the scientists will have to look for new careers.

Indeed. Part of the reason scientists are scientists is because they know we DON'T know everything
and they want to find out as many answers as they can.

wrote:

> "Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > Oh , are these the real scientists who developed all these lovely drugs
> we
> > > have today , none of which would seem to actually cure anything . The
> same
> > > ones who have all the answers on all things ?
> >
> > You may sneer all you like, but modern medications are a boon to mankind. Some do "actually
> > cure" disease and save lives. Others are wonderfully palliative. Some maintain quality of life
> > far higher and longer that would otherwise be possible.
> >
> > And, oops, you made another absolutely silly statement. You could search
> for
> > years and you would never find a scientist or physician who claims to have "answers on all
> > things." Especially scientists. When all the answers are found, all the scientists will have to
> > look for new careers.
> >
> > --Rich
>
> Oh , cool . There are thousands and thousands of drugs out there , out of the thousands of these
> drugs it should be real easy to come up with a list of 100 that are designed to actually CURE
> anything , that would be a fair question .

Give me a break. There are at least that many antibiotics in existence, and antibiotics can cure
bacterial infections. And that's just one kind of medication.

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

In article <[email protected]>, Bew <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote:
>The major problem is that they think they have ALL the answers and know EVERYTHING when in reality
>many of them ( of course not all ) are just drug dispensers for the godlike drug companies and are
>just repeating a mantra given to them as legitimate.

Gee, Bew, you really are a cretin. Any medical journal is loaded with articles containing phrases
like "the mechanism for this is not well understood" (a euphemism for "we have no idea how the hell
this works.")

It's the alties who claim to have all the answers, e.g. Hulda's "cure for all diseases" or "Dr"
Cee's explanation of how to cure any cancer (and there are only two types!).

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always
correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

"DRCEEPHD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Subject: Apricot Kernels From: "Bew" qw@nonamewhatsover Date: 2/27/04 4:22 AM Eastern Standard
> >Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
> >

> >I am interested to know if anyone has had success using apricot kernels
> >combat cancer . I have a friend who has had terrific success with kernels plus high doses of
> >antioxidants and other natural products , I am
curious
> >to hear of others who have also had positive results .
> >
> >Cheers
>
> My approach is to determine what kind of cancer you are dealing with.
First,
> is it "natural" or "induced". How advanced is it and just where is it?
>
> If it is "natural", diet, lifestyle changes, and deep detox can restore
health.
> I had one patient with a malignant inoperable brain tumor which
dissapeared in
> 30 days ( based upon her oncologists interpretation of her brain scan.)
>
> If it is "induced", then you will need additional help, the same as if a
wound
> had become grangrenous. You will have to cut it out or poison it out.
>
> Here, in addition to what I would do for "natural" cancer, I would add
some
> amygdalin, either from apricots or apple seeds. This nutrient contains a nitrile, not a cyanide as
> some non-chemists would
have
> you believe. However, under enzymatic cleavage, it can release cyanide
and a
> benzealdehyde. Both are non-toxic to normal health cells, but are toxic
> cancer cells.
>
> If the pharmceutical industry can ever get this converted over to a
synthetic,
> patentable product, then we will have a much better chance at beating
cancer by
> going to an oncologist at your local poisoning center.
>
> DrC PhD

Thanks for your sensible reply to my query . I personally have been taking apricot kernels for about
3 years , I have around 20 per day , they come from an organic orchard . I understand fully the hoo
haa about cyanide and have read several books on the subject , so I treat the cyanide alarmists as
irrelevant . I make my own choices , I also eat 2 or 3 apples every day and always eat the pips .

The difference between conventional and alternative has really been shown to me yet once again . Two
of my friends were diagnosed with cancer several months ago ( about 8 months ) , one with prostate
cancer , the other with prostate cancer plus melanoma plus bowel cancer , he was in a bad way .
Friend 2 had already had a previous operation on his bowel , but was told the cancer had returned .

Friend one was very afraid to try anything outside the conventional treatments as he was told that
if he did not follow their procedures his chances of survival were slim , if he did follow their
procedures his chances were above 80% . Of course he was very frightened and so would not listen to
anything other than what his oncologists said . People are vulnerable when frightened and make no
mistake , conventional medicine takes great advantage of that fact , just as the quacks do . I don't
blame him for being scared , and of course we all have the right of choice , he exercised his right
, and for him it was the right decision , he was happy with his decision .

Last week he was buried and I attended his funeral .

My second friend astounded and infuriated his oncologist when he flatly refused any further
treatment from them , he was told in no uncertain terms what a fool he was and how he was basically
signing his own death certificate , the sort of words that strike fear into any person . I think
sometimes we can too easily be dismissive of the bravery it takes to face the full force of the
system , this huge machine , with all its intimidating power and it's cold production line mentality
, and tell them , thanks but no thanks , especially when it is a life and death situation , and the
life is yours .

He took a detox course of tablets . He then embarked upon a regime of organic apricot kernels in
amounts recommended by freely available information on the web , he added pineapple to help , plus
he obtained and used in copious amounts the best range of natural wellbeing and antioxidant products
he could find . Of course he cut out all the poisons like coffee , alcohol , red meat and drank only
pure water . The results do date have been great , his blood results are now returning levels so low
that the oncologist cannot accept they are real . He feels great , he is looking forward with a
positive attitude and is leading a normal life .

Maybe the answer lies somewhere in the middle of both schools of thought , certainly it seems that
poisoning a person with chemo and deadly drugs is meeting with dismal failure worldwide and yet they
persist with this . Most people would protest if they wanted to build a nuclear power station next
door , but accept the stuff being pumped into their body . I think maybe , for many the pocket comes
before the patient , it certainly does with the drug companies , they don't make money from well
people . Sadly many doctors just follow blindly along ,they are not bad people , they just cannot
open their minds and see the big picture .

Bew

---

Release Date: 18/02/2004

Drugs don't cure - their primary function is to alleviate. You only need to look at the disease
plagues that are on us to know that. Anth

"Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > Oh , are these the real scientists who developed all these lovely
drugs
> we
> > > have today , none of which would seem to actually cure anything . The
> same
> > > ones who have all the answers on all things ?
> >
> > You may sneer all you like, but modern medications are a boon to
mankind.
> > Some do "actually cure" disease and save lives. Others are wonderfully palliative. Some maintain
> > quality of life far higher and longer that
would
> > otherwise be possible.
> >
> > And, oops, you made another absolutely silly statement. You could search
> for
> > years and you would never find a scientist or physician who claims to
have
> > "answers on all things." Especially scientists. When all the answers are found, all the
> > scientists will have to look for new careers.
> >
> > --Rich
>
> Oh , cool . There are thousands and thousands of drugs out there , out of the thousands of these
> drugs it should be real easy to come up with a
list
> of 100 that are designed to actually CURE anything , that would be a fair question .
>
> Kisses
>

> ---

> - Release Date: 18/02/2004

Is that why bacteria are becoming resistant to them? Anth

"Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:rac-
[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, "Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover>
> > "Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:mKqdnVPHu8OdNaLdRVn-
> > [email protected]...
> > > "Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Give me a break. There are at least that many antibiotics in existence, and antibiotics can cure
> bacterial infections. And that's just one kind of medication.
> --
> Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
> |
> |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

It is very sad to see this situation. If they would all open their minds up we would have great
medicine in leaps and bounds. This is the biggest regret the natural medicine people see today that
the "other side" is so closed minded.

"Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "DRCEEPHD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040227204728.03282.00000485@mb-
> m23.aol.com...
> > >Subject: Apricot Kernels From: "Bew" qw@nonamewhatsover Date: 2/27/04 4:22 AM Eastern Standard
> > >Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
> > >

> > >I am interested to know if anyone has had success using apricot kernels
> > >combat cancer . I have a friend who has had terrific success with
kernels
> > >plus high doses of antioxidants and other natural products , I am
> curious
> > >to hear of others who have also had positive results .
> > >
> > >Cheers
> >
> > My approach is to determine what kind of cancer you are dealing with.
> First,
> > is it "natural" or "induced". How advanced is it and just where is it?
> >
> > If it is "natural", diet, lifestyle changes, and deep detox can restore
> health.
> > I had one patient with a malignant inoperable brain tumor which
> dissapeared in
> > 30 days ( based upon her oncologists interpretation of her brain scan.)
> >
> > If it is "induced", then you will need additional help, the same as if a
> wound
> > had become grangrenous. You will have to cut it out or poison it out.
> >
> > Here, in addition to what I would do for "natural" cancer, I would add
> some
> > amygdalin, either from apricots or apple seeds. This nutrient contains a nitrile, not a cyanide
> > as some non-chemists
would
> [...]
> are real . He feels great , he is looking forward with a positive attitude and is leading a
> normal life .
>
> Maybe the answer lies somewhere in the middle of both schools of thought , certainly it seems that
> poisoning a person with chemo and deadly drugs is meeting with dismal failure worldwide and yet
> they persist with this .
Most
> people would protest if they wanted to build a nuclear power station next door , but accept the
> stuff being pumped into their body . I think maybe , for many the pocket comes before the patient
> , it certainly does with the drug companies , they don't make money from well people . Sadly many
doctors
> just follow blindly along ,they are not bad people , they just cannot open their minds and see the

Think of it his perspective, if they are indeed dangerous, then how come he's not dead? Is he just
lucky? Anth

"Rich Andrews." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Viewer" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>

> > "Rich Andrews." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> kernels
> >> kernels
> >> curious

> >> There is no sound scientific evidence to support the claim that eating apricot kernels will
> >> prevent or cure cancer. In fact, this practice can
> be
> >> dangerous and potentially fatal. Apricot kernels contain a substance called amygdalin. When the
> >> kernels are chewed, cut or crushed the amygdalin produces the poison cyanide. Depending on the
> >> number of
> kernels
> >> eaten, the cyanide can be poisonous with a range of symptoms from dizziness to coma and death.
> >> The characteristic almond like smell in almonds is due to benzaldehyde, another degradation
> >> product of
> amygdalin.

> >> --
> >> Nothing beats the bandwidth of a station wagon filled with DLT tapes.
> >>

> > Apparently you can't read very well , I didn't ask for a explanation of
> what
> > an apricot kernel is , I already know that .
> >

> Now you also know that they are dangerous and can kill you too.

> Nothing beats the bandwidth of a station wagon filled with DLT tapes.

That is wrong, typically the oncologists I came across claimed they were scientists (the claimed
they were, which incidentally ****** me off as my mother wasn't science but a human) They had not
heard of Gerson Kelley Gonzalez or any alternative, all they could do is parrot that it wasn't
science, "Me not looked, me say bad." was their attitude. They are stuck in their own little world
oblivious to alternatives, they should be looking - their job is to save lives after all.. Anth

"Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:rac-
[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > Oh , are these the real scientists who developed all these lovely
drugs we
> > > have today , none of which would seem to actually cure anything . The
same
> > > ones who have all the answers on all things ?
> >
> > You may sneer all you like, but modern medications are a boon to
mankind.
> > Some do "actually cure" disease and save lives. Others are wonderfully palliative. Some maintain
> > quality of life far higher and longer that
would
> > otherwise be possible.
> >
> > And, oops, you made another absolutely silly statement. You could search
for
> > years and you would never find a scientist or physician who claims to
have
> > "answers on all things." Especially scientists. When all the answers are found, all the
> > scientists will have to look for new careers.
>
> Indeed. Part of the reason scientists are scientists is because they know we DON'T know everything
> and they want to find out as many answers as they can.
>
> --
> Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
> |
> |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

"Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, "Bew" <qw@nonamewhatsover> wrote:
>
> > I am interested to know if anyone has had success using apricot kernels
> > combat cancer . I have a friend who has had terrific success with
kernels
> > plus high doses of antioxidants and other natural products , I am
curious
> > to hear of others who have also had positive results .
>
> There is no objective evidence that apricot kernels are effective against cancer.

Likewise for many of the conventional treatments.

But do tell us all, what ones really work, and why, and the statistics of the treatments.

Cheers, Rod.

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Is that why bacteria are becoming resistant to them?

Bacteria are becoming resistant to some antibiotics (particularly the older ones) because of overuse
and inappropriate use. That does not invalidate the fact that antibiotics are a class of drugs that
can cure bacterial diseases. Indeed, even despite all the resistance that has developed over the
last 65 years or so since penicillin came into widespread use, even good old, plain, basic
penicillin can still cure certain infections.

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

You mention anti-biotics, I seem to recall that these came from many years back ,where's the amazing
cures of today's diseases typically cancer heart disease and diabetes? I could be equally selective
of where diseases were 'cured' using nutrition, in fact the results from nutrition are equally as
superior. Anth

"Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:rac-AAF334.06350928022004@news4-
ge1.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
> In article <[email protected]>, "Anth"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Is that why bacteria are becoming resistant to them?
>
> Bacteria are becoming resistant to some antibiotics (particularly the older ones) because of
> overuse and inappropriate use. That does not invalidate the fact that antibiotics are a class of
> drugs that can cure bacterial diseases. Indeed, even despite all the resistance that has developed
> over the last 65 years or so since penicillin came into widespread use, even good old, plain,
> basic penicillin can still cure certain infections.
>
> --
> Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
> |
> |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

In article <kd%%[email protected]>,
"Rod" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:rac-
> [email protected]...

> > There is no objective evidence that apricot kernels are effective against cancer.
>
> Likewise for many of the conventional treatments.
>
> But do tell us all, what ones really work, and why, and the statistics of the treatments.

There's not enough time or bandwidth to describe all the conventional treatments that are effective
against cancer, but here are a few:

Chemotherapy for childhood leukemias 80-90% cure rate

Chemotherapy and radiation for most other childhood tumors: >80% cure rate

Chemotherapy plus/minus radiation for Hodgkin's lymphoma: 75-85% 5 year survival(doubled from 40%
survival in 1960)

Radiation and chemo for nonmetastatic anal cancer: 50-85% 5 year survival rate, depending on stage.

Surgery plus/minus chemotherapy and radiation for nonmetastatic colorectal cancer: 50-90% 5 year
survival rate depending upon stage.

Surgery plus/minus radiation, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy for nonmetastatic breast cancer: 50-95%
5 year survival rate, depending upon stage

I could produce a large number of additional examples if you wish.

Your turn. Perhaps you would now be so kind as to tell us the statistics for alt-med treatments and
cancer. Which ones are effective? And do remember to include the statistics for cure rates or 5 year
survival rates, as I just did. After all, fair's fair. You asked me to do it for conventional
medicine, and I have provided but a few examples (there are many more). It's your turn now to do the
same for alt-med. Let's see if you can demonstrate survival statistics that even match those of
conventional medicine.

"Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:

> It is very sad to see this situation. If they would all open their minds up we would have great
> medicine in leaps and bounds. This is the biggest regret the natural medicine people see today
> that the "other side" is so closed minded.

No, the real problem is that too many alties like you automatically mischaracterize any skepticism
towards the claims of alt-medicine as being "close-minded" rather than being honest, healthy
scientific skepticism. If instead you answered honest and fair skepticism with actual evidence,
you'd very likely get a different reaction from a significant segment of the "conventional" medical
community.

Evidence talks; ******** walks.

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"