April Fools? or not...

Werehatrack wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:11:55 -0500, Hell And High Water
> <[email protected]> may have said:
>
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2008/reviews/april1
>> _carbon_wrapit08

> Or, for the (non-carbon) line-wrap-challenged:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/37rexc
>
> I say: I think Sheldon would have been amused. I certainly was.
> ("Even more unexpected, however, was the decreased weight of our
> guinea pig. Actual weight of our frame actually dropped about 100g;
> Jacobsen says other frames should yield similar results while most
> components should drop about 20g or so depending on what they are.")
>
> Order now! Operators are standing by!

"I can't believe that someone is tasteless enough to post spam to this group
using Sheldons name on April Fools day."

Signed, The Illustrious "News reader"

On Apr 1, 11:59 am, Werehatrack <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:11:55 -0500, Hell And High Water
> <[email protected]> may have said:
>
> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2008/reviews/april1
> >_carbon_wrapit08

> Or, for the (non-carbon) line-wrap-challenged:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/37rexc
>
> I say: I think Sheldon would have been amused. I certainly was.
> ("Even more unexpected, however, was the decreased weight of our
> guinea pig. Actual weight of our frame actually dropped about 100g;
> Jacobsen says other frames should yield similar results while most
> components should drop about 20g or so depending on what they are.")
>
> Order now! Operators are standing by!
>
> --
> My email address is antispammed; pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail.
> Typoes are not a bug, they're a feature.
> Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

Reminds me of the Campy Centaur RD.
2006 model - twin beam top knuckle, all metal. 223g (short cage)
2007 model - solid top knuckle, carbon outer plate. 227g (short cage)

Werehatrack wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:14:12 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> may
> have said:
>
>> Werehatrack wrote:

>>> Or, for the (non-carbon) line-wrap-challenged:
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/37rexc
>>>
>>> I say: I think Sheldon would have been amused. I certainly was.
>>> ("Even more unexpected, however, was the decreased weight of our
>>> guinea pig. Actual weight of our frame actually dropped about 100g;
>>> Jacobsen says other frames should yield similar results while most
>>> components should drop about 20g or so depending on what they are.")
>>>
>>> Order now! Operators are standing by!

>> "I can't believe that someone is tasteless enough to post spam to
>> this group using Sheldons name on April Fools day."
>>
>> Signed, The Illustrious "News reader"

> Key: this one was A) a fake product (believe it or not, the other one
> apparently was real) and B) not attributed the way the other one was.

A) The product is the kind of thing at which Sheldon would have howled; and
B) the attribution was an homage, not a forgery.

HTH (BSTTIW)