april showers bring mayflowers

Loki

Guest
'I wanna know... whoooooo'll stop the rain?'

It just won't stop. For the past 3 weeks the only
times the rain [or even snow] has stopped has been
when I had to work.

I want to hit the trails. Getting antsy.

*sigh*

--
'If I seem unduly clear to you you must have misunderstood
what I said'

Originally posted by Loki
'I wanna know... whoooooo'll stop the rain?'

It just won't stop. For the past 3 weeks the only
times the rain [or even snow] has stopped has been
when I had to work.

I want to hit the trails. Getting antsy.

*sigh*

--
'If I seem unduly clear to you you must have misunderstood
what I said'
- alan greenspan

No need to stop it, just send it to us! (Here In Minnesota). Been a little dry, and we could certainly use it. :D

>loki at [email protected] wrote on 4/13/04 9:43 AM: 'I
>wanna know... whoooooo'll stop the rain?' It just won't
>stop. For the past 3 weeks the only times the rain [or even
>snow] has stopped has been when I had to work. I want to
>hit the trails. Getting antsy. *sigh*

Ride now. On roads, in the rain.

news:BCA19154.34CC5%[email protected]...

Cipher wrote:
> No need to stop it, just send it to us! (Here In
> Minnesota). Been a l ittle dry, and we could certainly
> use it. :D

I know I can ride in the rain and I don't mind it when its
warm but with temps hovering around freezing it's not
exactly what I was hoping for. Plus I really want to hit
the off-road trails and you should give some drying time
for those.

*sigh*

Summer _is_ coming. I _know_ it is!

--
'Somewhere, somehow, somebody must have Kicked you around
some Tell me why you wanna lay there, Revel in your abandon'

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:38:37 GMT, "loki" <[email protected]>
wrote:
>I know I can ride in the rain and I don't mind it when its
> warm but with
>temps hovering around freezing it's not exactly what I was
> hoping for. Plus

Agreed. And the rain has been constant here except when I'm
at work or in school or otherwise obligated.

>I really want to hit the off-road trails and you should
>give some drying time for those.

For the sake of the trails, yes, so you don't erode them
terribly. If they're doomed either way, just go out there,
hose/wipe your bike after each ride, and do a good cleaning
after the rainy season ends.

> Summer _is_ coming. I _know_ it is!

I sure hope so. I'm tired of being cold.

Shortly after we stopped having temps far below freezing
every day here, 40 degree F days felt great. Now that I've
stopped being used to the ludicrous cold, the moderate
cold (especially combined with so much rain) is feeling
very cold...

I just want 65 or 70 degrees F and a light breeze. Is
that too much to ask? I'd also settle for 55 and sunny
with no breeze...
--
Rick Onanian

>Loki wrote:
> > 'I wanna know... whoooooo'll stop the rain?'
On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:04:27 GMT, Cipher <usenet-
[email protected]> wrote:
>No need to stop it, just send it to us! (Here In
>Minnesota). Been a little dry, and we could certainly
>use it. :D

Can I funnel it through usenet? I've got the same rain here.
--
Rick Onanian

loki wrote:

> 'I wanna know... whoooooo'll stop the rain?'
>
> It just won't stop. For the past 3 weeks the only times
> the rain [or even snow] has stopped has been when I had
> to work.
>
> I want to hit the trails. Getting antsy.
>
> *sigh*

I sympathize.

It's raining here again this morning as I type these words.
Looks like a truck ride to work again instead of the bike.

I ride a bike all winter and don't really have a
problem. However, cold, early spring rains I simply will
not tolerate.

Later in the summer, a good ride home (especially) in the
rain wearing my Tevas, deliberately riding through the
puddles of warm water is a simple joy.

But not in March/April/May [around these parts]!

SMH