Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Aquaphor/MapMyRide Tour Challenge question

Started by tjonz · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,137 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
15 July 2010
Last activity
15 July 2010
Original author
tjonz
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,137
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have been participating in the above mentioned challenge and I am having a ball doing so. I have logged a ride for every day of the Tour except the Prologue. What is neat is I see myself
    S L O W L Y creeping up the overall standings which is great motivation for this 46 yo overweight cyclist. This morning when I checked I had a total of 8 points :p I will never get into the top spots but then I didn't expect to. I use my BlackBerry with the iMapMyRide Application to capture and log my rides. Well the other day at my pharmacy I was talking to one of my employees about how the challenge works, etc and he brought up something that I had never even though of...

    "Whats to keep somebody from taking their GPS device or GPS enabled phone, placing it into their automobile, and driving around instead of riding?" :eek:

    ????? Maybe I can get myself one of those yellow jerseys after all 🙄 I'm not saying that people are doing this but in the words of a song "God is Great, Beer is Good and People are Crazy" 😄

    This is my first year of serious "recreational" riding. Basically began to lose a few extra pounds(lost about 12 lbs so far), get more physically fit, etc. I've ridden almost 1000 miles so far this year. My wife thinks that I've lost my mind 😉

    Tony

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.