Are 1.0 tires ok on a 24 mm wide Thracian/Heater/Arroheat rim?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Don, Jun 7, 2003.

  1. Don

    Don Guest

    I am planning on using Conti 559x1.0 tires on the rear of my new Giro. The wheel will be a Velocity
    Thracian which is built on an Arroheat rim that is 24mm wide. I just realized that it is wider than
    the ArroHEAD rim (20mm) that I have been using a Conti 1.0 on for four years. I am afraid the
    sidewall will be too straight.

    Does anyone have experience with this combo?

    The front tire will be a 1 1/8 Conti mounted on a Thracian wheel. I think the 1 1/8 should be fine
    on that rim.

    The next largest rear tire is 1.25 with nothing to match it to. I do not want to go that big for
    many reasons. I have ridded a 1.0 Conti for four years with great success so all I see are downsides
    with anything larger (heavier, taller).

    Tags:

  2. Don, They will be fine.
    news:[email protected]...