Are 1.0 tires ok on a 24 mm wide Thracian/Heater/Arroheat rim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don

I am planning on using Conti 559x1.0 tires on the rear of my new Giro. The wheel will be a Velocity
Thracian which is built on an Arroheat rim that is 24mm wide. I just realized that it is wider than
the ArroHEAD rim (20mm) that I have been using a Conti 1.0 on for four years. I am afraid the
sidewall will be too straight.

Does anyone have experience with this combo?

The front tire will be a 1 1/8 Conti mounted on a Thracian wheel. I think the 1 1/8 should be fine
on that rim.

The next largest rear tire is 1.25 with nothing to match it to. I do not want to go that big for
many reasons. I have ridded a 1.0 Conti for four years with great success so all I see are downsides
with anything larger (heavier, taller).

Don, They will be fine.
--
Jude....///Bacchetta AERO St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland Wheel Doctor Cycle and Sports,
Inc 1-800-586-6645 "Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am planning on using Conti 559x1.0 tires on the rear of my new Giro. The wheel will be a
> Velocity Thracian which is built on an Arroheat rim that is 24mm wide. I just realized that it is
> wider than the ArroHEAD rim (20mm) that I have been using a Conti 1.0 on for four years. I am
> afraid the sidewall will be too straight.
>
> Does anyone have experience with this combo?
>
> The front tire will be a 1 1/8 Conti mounted on a Thracian wheel. I think the 1 1/8 should be fine
> on that rim.
>
> The next largest rear tire is 1.25 with nothing to match it to. I do not want to go that big for
> many reasons. I have ridded a 1.0 Conti for four years with great success so all I see are
> downsides with anything larger (heavier, taller).

Status
Not open for further replies.