are all seat rails the same distance apart?

Status

Eric Gleason

Guest
I got a new seat for my bike, only to find that the rails were set too narrowly to fit the bracket
on my stem. Is this an oddball one, or are there different sizes, or what? The bike is a Fuji
Silhouette with a Ritchey stem, the seat is a Terry Dragonfly.

Thanks!

Paul Southworth

Guest
In article <BABDEAFE.10702%[email protected]>, eric gleason <[email protected]> wrote:
>I got a new seat for my bike, only to find that the rails were set too narrowly to fit the bracket
>on my stem. Is this an oddball one, or are there different sizes, or what? The bike is a Fuji
>Silhouette with a Ritchey stem, the seat is a Terry Dragonfly.

Just pry the rails apart a little and tighten the clamp.

--Paul

Harris

Guest
"Paul Southworth" wrote:

> Just pry the rails apart a little and tighten the clamp.

Yep. I had a similar experience with a San Marco Rolls saddle. I just spread the rails enough to fit
the clamp and have had no problems.

Art Harris

John Everett

Guest
On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:11:51 GMT, eric gleason <[email protected]> wrote:

>I got a new seat for my bike, only to find that the rails were set too narrowly to fit the bracket
>on my stem. Is this an oddball one, or are there different sizes, or what? The bike is a Fuji
>Silhouette with a Ritchey stem, the seat is a Terry Dragonfly.

For what it's worth, I have fourteen saddles (or so) scattered around the house and garage. All have
their rails spaced 43mm apart, plus or minus a millimeter or so. All that is except my Brooks Pro
which is more like 47mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.