are all seat rails the same distance apart?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Eric Gleason, Apr 12, 2003.

  1. Eric Gleason

    Eric Gleason Guest

    I got a new seat for my bike, only to find that the rails were set too narrowly to fit the bracket
    on my stem. Is this an oddball one, or are there different sizes, or what? The bike is a Fuji
    Silhouette with a Ritchey stem, the seat is a Terry Dragonfly.

    Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. In article <BABDEAFE.10702%[email protected]>, eric gleason <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I got a new seat for my bike, only to find that the rails were set too narrowly to fit the bracket
    >on my stem. Is this an oddball one, or are there different sizes, or what? The bike is a Fuji
    >Silhouette with a Ritchey stem, the seat is a Terry Dragonfly.

    Just pry the rails apart a little and tighten the clamp.

    --Paul

  3. Harris

    Harris Guest

    "Paul Southworth" wrote:

    > Just pry the rails apart a little and tighten the clamp.

    Yep. I had a similar experience with a San Marco Rolls saddle. I just spread the rails enough to fit
    the clamp and have had no problems.

    Art Harris

  4. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:11:51 GMT, eric gleason <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I got a new seat for my bike, only to find that the rails were set too narrowly to fit the bracket
    >on my stem. Is this an oddball one, or are there different sizes, or what? The bike is a Fuji
    >Silhouette with a Ritchey stem, the seat is a Terry Dragonfly.

    For what it's worth, I have fourteen saddles (or so) scattered around the house and garage. All have
    their rails spaced 43mm apart, plus or minus a millimeter or so. All that is except my Brooks Pro
    which is more like 47mm.