are american points the same

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Niall Smyth, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Niall Smyth

    Niall Smyth Guest

    hi all

    Im in ireland and on ww

    are the american points the same (ie for recipes and calculators)

    Cheers

    niall

    ---

  2. Hi Niall. Just wanted to welcome you aboard this great newsgroup. Elaine K

    Niall Smyth wrote:

    >hi all
    >
    >Im in ireland and on ww
    >
    >are the american points the same (ie for recipes and calculators)
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >niall
    >

    >---

  3. I am not sure but welcome to the group, Lee
    Niall Smyth <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi all
    >
    > Im in ireland and on ww
    >
    > are the american points the same (ie for recipes and calculators)
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > niall
    >

    > ---

  4. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Hi Niall and welcome! Unfortunately the points are not the same... in fatc here in continental
    Europe we even have a different system from the UK and the US? and Australia has another system!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "Niall Smyth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi all
    >
    > Im in ireland and on ww
    >
    > are the american points the same (ie for recipes and calculators)
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > niall
    >

    > ---

  5. Welcome to the group Niall. I don't believe the points are the same in Ireland as they are in the US
    or Canada.

    Brenda

    "Niall Smyth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi all
    >
    > Im in ireland and on ww
    >
    > are the american points the same (ie for recipes and calculators)
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > niall
    >

    > ---

  6. Niall Smyth

    Niall Smyth Guest

    Thanks for the welcomes, best introduce myself!

    I am 30, male, from ireland, and a wee bit chunky!

    I am doing WW from home with my wifes old info points finder etc etc (time to eat)

    I have been at it for 3 weeks

    I was 192lbs when started First week, 8lbs, Second week 0, Third Week 3lbs so currently 181 lbs.

    I dont have goals as such but, am looking to probably lose 28-38lbs so I would be 11 stone (154 lbs)

    On the points: Does anyone know the ratio of uk to usa points

    I cant use pointed recipes on the new as they are mostly US

    Whats the allowance for me, 12-14 stone (168-198lbs) Its 28 on the systen I'm on

    Cheers

    Niall, Ireland

    "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]ws.uni-
    berlin.de...
    > Hi Niall and welcome! Unfortunately the points are not the same... in fatc here in continental
    > Europe we even have a different system from the UK and the US? and Australia has another system!
    > --
    > Nathalie from Belgium
    > 134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > 295.6/223.5/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    > 232/223.5/212 lbs "Niall Smyth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > hi all
    > >
    > > Im in ireland and on ww
    > >
    > > are the american points the same (ie for recipes and calculators)
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > niall
    > >

    > > ---
    > > (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.576 / Virus Database: 365 - Release Date: 30/01/2004

    ---

  7. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Welcome.

    Goal weight is based on HEIGHT (and to a small extent age but you are too young (G)).

    In the US, I'm 5'8" and range of weights is from 13x (not sure at the moment) to 164 pounds. Points
    though are based on current weight and drop in the US by 25 pound increments. The US system changed
    late last summer and is now fixed points per day like the UK system. The US system is based on
    calories, all fats and fiber which works since our packaging labels contain that info.

    My neighbor's son is Niall.

    As you probably know, depending on what info you have available, you could on your own, just follow
    the US program if you can figure out points for items. Or use the info available on some of the
    sites in the welcome message.

    Good luck. It works

    Fred
    219.2/160.2/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

    On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:16:24 -0000, "Niall Smyth" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks for the welcomes, best introduce myself!
    >
    >I am 30, male, from ireland, and a wee bit chunky!
    >
    >I am doing WW from home with my wifes old info points finder etc etc (time to eat)
    >
    >I have been at it for 3 weeks
    >
    >I was 192lbs when started First week, 8lbs, Second week 0, Third Week 3lbs so currently 181 lbs.
    >
    >I dont have goals as such but, am looking to probably lose 28-38lbs so I would be 11 stone
    >(154 lbs)
    >
    >On the points: Does anyone know the ratio of uk to usa points
    >
    >I cant use pointed recipes on the new as they are mostly US
    >
    >Whats the allowance for me, 12-14 stone (168-198lbs) Its 28 on the systen I'm on
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >Niall, Ireland
    >

    >"Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >berlin.de...
    >> Hi Niall and welcome! Unfortunately the points are not the same... in fatc here in continental
    >> Europe we even have a different system from the UK and the US? and Australia has another system!
    >> --
    >> Nathalie from Belgium
    >> 134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    >> 295.6/223.5/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    >> 232/223.5/212 lbs "Niall Smyth" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> message news:[email protected]...
    >> > hi all
    >> >
    >> > Im in ireland and on ww
    >> >
    >> > are the american points the same (ie for recipes and calculators)
    >> >
    >> > Cheers
    >> >
    >> > niall
    >> >

    >> > ---
    >> > (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.576 / Virus Database: 365 - Release Date: 30/01/2004
    >> >

    >---

  8. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    Hi Niall, and welcome to the group. As an Australian, I just recalculate all the reciepes I'm
    interested in using our points values for all the ingredients. You're doing very well so far in your
    journey - stick around and let us know how you continue!

    Here's our welcome notice to explain some of the things that happen on this newsgroup:

    Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
    Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
    want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

    In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
    (Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

    Amberle3's Challenges:

    THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

    RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

    Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

    How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
    allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
    on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
    allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
    a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
    150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
    fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

    To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
    http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

    The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
    from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
    them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
    special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
    used on the day they are earned.

    If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
    There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
    different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
    Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
    handle all of these programs.

    Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
    participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
    advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
    just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
    as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
    works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
    newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

    Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "Niall Smyth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for the welcomes, best introduce myself!
    >
    > I am 30, male, from ireland, and a wee bit chunky!
    >
    > I am doing WW from home with my wifes old info points finder etc etc (time to eat)
    >
    > I have been at it for 3 weeks
    >
    > I was 192lbs when started First week, 8lbs, Second week 0, Third Week 3lbs so currently 181 lbs.
    >
    > I dont have goals as such but, am looking to probably lose 28-38lbs so I would be 11 stone
    > (154 lbs)
    >
    > On the points: Does anyone know the ratio of uk to usa points
    >
    > I cant use pointed recipes on the new as they are mostly US
    >
    > Whats the allowance for me, 12-14 stone (168-198lbs) Its 28 on the systen I'm on
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Niall, Ireland
    >

    > "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > Hi Niall and welcome! Unfortunately the points are not the same... in
    fatc
    > > here in continental Europe we even have a different system from the UK
    and
    > > the US? and Australia has another system!
    > > --
    > > Nathalie from Belgium
    > > 134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > > 295.6/223.5/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    > > 232/223.5/212 lbs "Niall Smyth" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message news:[email protected]...
    > > > hi all
    > > >
    > > > Im in ireland and on ww
    > > >
    > > > are the american points the same (ie for recipes and calculators)
    > > >
    > > > Cheers
    > > >
    > > > niall
    > > >

    > > > ---
    > > > (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.576 / Virus Database: 365 - Release Date: 30/01/2004
    > > >

    > ---

  9. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Hi and welcome, Niall... wish you luck with WW... sounds like you are doing quite well! Keep it up!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172