Are antioxidants helpful or not?

Hey Mark De Toad your link to an article entitled "Very-low-calorie Diet Controls Teens' Diabetes"
as written by one of the Reuter's moron writers.

> This article suggests the whole theory of the role of antioxidants in health is misunderstood, in
> fact they suggest they are negating the helpful benefits of free radicals in fighting infection
> and disease prevention:
>
> http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_16228.html

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:41:41 -0800, "William A. Noyes"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hey Mark De Toad your link to an article entitled "Very-low-calorie Diet Controls Teens' Diabetes"
>as written by one of the Reuter's moron writers.

Momre interestingly 'A high-protein, low-card, very-low-calorie diet is effective short-term
treatment for ...type 2 diabetes'.

The first article implies that producing fewer free radicals is more important than being able to
get rid of them. The second says that free radicals are produced as a reaction to disease. What I
get from this is that healthy organisms live longer.

[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Once upon a time, our fellow Robert Klute
rambled on about "Re: Are antioxidants helpful or not?." Our champion De-Medicalizing in
sci.med.nutrition retorts, thusly ...

>The first article implies that producing fewer free radicals is more important than being able to
>get rid of them. The second says that free radicals are produced as a reaction to disease. What I
>get from this is that healthy organisms live longer.

Thanks for the commentary.

Why Mark 'the Toad' totally bungled his post is totally beyond me?

Oh yeah! Mark 'the Toad' is a science geek.

Ha, ... Hah, Ha!