Are any of you big?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by J . Brian Chamb, May 27, 2003.

  1. I'm about 6'1" and weigh about 230. I wear a 50 jacket and I can't find a biking jersey that fits to
    save my life. I went to a nearby shop that has a pretty good selection and even the double x's don't
    fit. I could barely get one over my chest. I know these things are supposed to fit a little snuggly,
    but damn I was cutting the circulation to my nipples. Where can I get a jersey that fits?

    --Brian

    Tags:

  2. David Kunz

    David Kunz Guest

    J. Brian Chamberlin wrote:
    > I'm about 6'1" and weigh about 230. I wear a 50 jacket and I can't find a biking jersey that fits
    > to save my life. I went to a nearby shop that has a pretty good selection and even the double x's
    > don't fit. I could barely get one over my chest. I know these things are supposed to fit a little
    > snuggly, but damn I was cutting the circulation to my nipples. Where can I get a jersey that fits?
    >
    > --Brian

    Did you try any mountain jerseys? It's the road jerseys that fit tight. I'm an XL and even the XXL
    road jerseys are too tight for me. I get most of my riding clothing at Performance.

    David

  3. On Wed, 28 May 2003 07:37:22 GMT, David Kunz <[email protected]> wrote:

    >J. Brian Chamberlin wrote:
    >> I'm about 6'1" and weigh about 230. I wear a 50 jacket and I can't find a biking jersey that
    >> fits to save my life. I went to a nearby shop that has a pretty good selection and even the
    >> double x's don't fit. I could barely get one over my chest. I know these things are supposed to
    >> fit a little snuggly, but damn I was cutting the circulation to my nipples. Where can I get a
    >> jersey that fits?
    >>
    >> --Brian
    >
    >Did you try any mountain jerseys? It's the road jerseys that fit tight. I'm an XL and even the XXL
    >road jerseys are too tight for me. I get most of my riding clothing at Performance.
    >
    >David

    Performance? Is that an online store? Should I do a Google search?

    --Brian

  4. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    http://www.performancebike.com/

    --
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

    "J. Brian Chamberlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 28 May 2003 07:37:22 GMT, David Kunz <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >J. Brian Chamberlin wrote:
    > >> I'm about 6'1" and weigh about 230. I wear a 50 jacket and I can't find a biking jersey that
    > >> fits to save my life. I went to a nearby shop that has a pretty good selection and even the
    > >> double x's don't fit. I could barely get one over my chest. I know these things are supposed to
    > >> fit a little snuggly, but damn I was cutting the circulation to my nipples. Where can I get a
    > >> jersey that fits?
    > >>
    > >> --Brian
    > >
    > >Did you try any mountain jerseys? It's the road jerseys that fit tight. I'm an XL and even the
    > >XXL road jerseys are too tight for me. I get most of my riding clothing at Performance.
    > >
    > >David
    >
    > Performance? Is that an online store? Should I do a Google search?
    >
    > --Brian

  5. Gazoo

    Gazoo Guest

    I wear a 48 - 50 too and the most of the jerseys from mec.ca have been a fit... road and off-road.
    Good quality products for good prices.

    "J. Brian Chamberlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I'm about 6'1" and weigh about 230. I wear a 50 jacket and I can't find a biking jersey that fits
    > to save my life. I went to a nearby shop that has a pretty good selection and even the double x's
    > don't fit. I could barely get one over my chest. I know these things are supposed to fit a little
    > snuggly, but damn I was cutting the circulation to my nipples. Where can I get a jersey that fits?
    >
    > --Brian

  6. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    "J. Brian Chamberlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    | I'm about 6'1" and weigh about 230. I wear a 50 jacket and I can't find a biking jersey that fits
    | to save my life. I went to a nearby shop that has a pretty good selection and even the double x's
    | don't fit. I could barely get one over my chest. I know these things are supposed to fit a little
    | snuggly, but damn I was cutting the circulation to my nipples. Where can I get a jersey that fits?

    Back when we had Hot Shoppe make our team jerseys, I had them make several

    jerseys)

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 5/19/2003

  7. J. Brian Chamberlin wrote:
    > I'm about 6'1" and weigh about 230.

    6'3" and 245

    > I wear a 50 jacket

    52 Long

    > and I can't find a biking jersey that fits to save my life.
    <snip>
    > Where can I get a jersey that fits?

    The folk at www.coldlizard.com make jerseys that fit well.. I just had to tell them my measurements
    and a perfect fitting jersey showed up.

    also if you find a Jersey you just HAVE to have, there is a certain person who frequents this group
    who can do custom alterations: http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/

    She's "modified" several of my "off the rack" jerseys for me...
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/cloth.htm scroll down to "IceBike Jacket"

  8. I am 6'5" and use to wear a size 50 jacket. Good luck on finding any jerseys. I could not find any
    when I was that size. I have kept riding and now down to a 46 and find it is much easier. Just bear
    with it and keep riding. I have to agree about Performance. I get my jersey's there and have had
    good luck. Check their web site to see if they have a store near you. Once there, check the
    clearance rack. Great stuff at some pretty good prices. Have to go there this week to buy some
    replacement jerseys. The guys in the ambulance cut away my jersey Sat. nite as they were taking me
    to hospital. It was my favorite jersey and it was from Performance. God I hate it when I fall.

  9. On Thu, 29 May 2003 05:04:09 GMT, John Michaels <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am 6'5" and use to wear a size 50 jacket. Good luck on finding any jerseys. I could not find any
    >when I was that size. I have kept riding and now down to a 46 and find it is much easier. Just bear
    >with it and keep riding. I have to agree about Performance. I get my jersey's there and have had
    >good luck. Check their web site to see if they have a store near you. Once there, check the
    >clearance rack. Great stuff at some pretty good prices. Have to go there this week to buy some
    >replacement jerseys. The guys in the ambulance cut away my jersey Sat. nite as they were taking me
    >to hospital. It was my favorite jersey and it was from Performance. God I hate it when I fall.
    >
    >Zilla wrote:
    >> http://www.performancebike.com/

    You fell that bad that you had to be taken away in an ambulance? Damn! As far as the 50 chest size,
    that's not going to change no matter how much I ride. I also lift weight and I simply have a large
    frame. My fat is mostly around my waist. =)

    --Brian

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    I have a 30 inch waist, but have to buy my pants in 'extra large' and use a tight belt. Does
    that count?

    Shaun aRe - AKA 'John Holmes'.

  11. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    J. Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm about 6'1" and weigh about 230. I wear a 50 jacket and I can't find a biking jersey that fits
    > to save my life. I went to a nearby shop that has a pretty good selection and even the double x's
    > don't fit. I could barely get one over my chest. I know these things are supposed to fit a little
    > snuggly, but damn I was cutting the circulation to my nipples. Where can I get a jersey that fits?
    >
    > --Brian

    Why don't you tape the XXL jersey to your refridgerator door to remind you that you're a lard ass?
    That might curb your appetite enough to fit into normal-human-proportioned clothing. /s

  12. On 29 May 2003 06:55:08 -0700, [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote:

    >J. Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> I'm about 6'1" and weigh about 230. I wear a 50 jacket and I can't find a biking jersey that
    >> fits to save my life. I went to a nearby shop that has a pretty good selection and even the
    >> double x's don't fit. I could barely get one over my chest. I know these things are supposed to
    >> fit a little snuggly, but damn I was cutting the circulation to my nipples. Where can I get a
    >> jersey that fits?
    >>
    >> --Brian
    >
    >Why don't you tape the XXL jersey to your refridgerator door to remind you that you're a lard ass?
    >That might curb your appetite enough to fit into normal-human-proportioned clothing. /s

    --Brian

  13. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > I have a 30 inch waist, but have to buy my pants in 'extra large' and use a tight belt. Does
    > that count?

    > Shaun aRe - AKA 'John Holmes'.

    Dontcha mean "Hugh Jass"?

    Kathleen

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > > I have a 30 inch waist, but have to buy my pants in 'extra large' and
    use a
    > > tight belt. Does that count?
    >

    > > Shaun aRe - AKA 'John Holmes'.
    >
    > Dontcha mean "Hugh Jass"?

    LOL! Nah - if I don't sit down carefully, my razor butt slices the cushions, heheheheheh...........

    Shaun aRe

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    J. Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 29 May 2003 15:47:07 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >J. Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > >news:<[email protected]>...

    > >'Dude', are you a lard arse or not? If so, he's right on the money. OTOH,
    if
    > >you're just a big meat hea...I mean big muscled guy (heheheh.......ahem.....), then his shot
    > >missed you, and you have no need
    > >take it personally.
    > >
    > >This is a Usenet group, you post here and take peoples replies
    personally,
    > >you're gonna mess your head up, or least ways, get angry over nothing -
    who

    Chances
    > >are, he was just jestin' anyhow.
    > >

    > >pillock of a baby. ',;~}~
    > >

    > I wasn't that pissed but I'm not going to just sit back and say "hey, thanks for your comments".

    Hmmmm,sounds pretty damned pissed to me, heheheheheh.....

    Shaun aRe

  16. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    J. Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm about 6'1" and weigh about 230. I wear a 50 jacket and I can't find a biking jersey that fits
    > to save my life. I went to a nearby shop that has a pretty good selection and even the double x's
    > don't fit. I could barely get one over my chest. I know these things are supposed to fit a little
    > snuggly, but damn I was cutting the circulation to my nipples. Where can I get a jersey that fits?
    >
    > --Brian

    be able to find huge, coolmax t-shirts that are just as good for most riding applications.

    You might check on ebay. I see gigantic jerseys for sale there from time to time, since there's
    probably not a big call for them in the stores. My former main-time riding buddy was about your
    size, and we found him some fun stuff on ebay.

    Paladin

  17. J. Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> wrote
    > [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote:
    >
    > >Why don't you tape the XXL jersey to your refridgerator door to remind you that you're a lard
    > >ass? That might curb your appetite enough to fit into normal-human-proportioned clothing.

    LOL. Somehow I doubt that. What's a "bicept"?

    CC

  18. On 29 May 2003 10:28:44 -0700, [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote:

    >J. Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> wrote
    >> [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote:
    >>
    >> >Why don't you tape the XXL jersey to your refridgerator door to remind you that you're a lard
    >> >ass? That might curb your appetite enough to fit into normal-human-proportioned clothing.
    >>

    >LOL. Somehow I doubt that. What's a "bicept"?
    >
    >CC

    Okay, English teacher...you know what I meant. =)

    --Brian

  19. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    J. Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 29 May 2003 06:55:08 -0700, [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote:
    >
    > >J. Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >> I'm about 6'1" and weigh about 230. I wear a 50 jacket and I can't find a biking jersey that
    > >> fits to save my life. I went to a nearby shop that has a pretty good selection and even the
    > >> double x's don't fit. I could barely get one over my chest. I know these things are supposed to
    > >> fit a little snuggly, but damn I was cutting the circulation to my nipples. Where can I get a
    > >> jersey that fits?
    > >>
    > >> --Brian
    > >
    > >Why don't you tape the XXL jersey to your refridgerator door to remind you that you're a lard
    > >ass? That might curb your appetite enough to fit into normal-human-proportioned clothing. /s
    >

    > --Brian

    HEE HEE HEE HAA HAA HAA! I'm sorry. I should have been nicer. After all, you're a fatass from
    Baltimore.

    Go stitch some rear pockets onto a mumu, my fudgy friend.

    /s

  20. On 29 May 2003 12:48:04 -0700, [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote:

    >J. Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> On 29 May 2003 06:55:08 -0700, [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote:
    >>
    >> >J. Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> > news:<[email protected]>...

    >> >Why don't you tape the XXL jersey to your refridgerator door to remind you that you're a lard
    >> >ass? That might curb your appetite enough to fit into normal-human-proportioned clothing. /s
    >>

    >> --Brian
    >
    >HEE HEE HEE HAA HAA HAA! I'm sorry. I should have been nicer. After all, you're a fatass from
    >Baltimore.
    >
    >Go stitch some rear pockets onto a mumu, my fudgy friend.
    >
    >/s

    What the hell kind of name is Supabonbon anyway?

    --Brian