Are Campy BORA's Really That Much Better Than ZIPP 404's

rhsnyder

Nov 16, 2004
All,

I have been trying to justify a pair of Campy BORA's for the last year. I have a set of 404's that have worked out well and I have a bunch of time on them now after two years of events. I want to replace 404's and I'm again looking at BORA's as well as a few othere like Corima's.

Is there anyone out there that has real world experience with both that can compare the two or recommend other options?

With all that said, this is a chance for you to identify reasons why you would own either 404's, BORA's or any favorite set of wheels.

thanks,
rhsnyder

Perennial_Quest said:
well if looks justify your purchase I'd say the Boras are well justified

Since you have the money for Bora´s why not Lightweight´s ?

mrowkoob said:
Since you have the money for Bora´s why not Lightweight´s ?

The delay in delivery is almost six months for light weights! Don't mind the wait, just don't like the money being tied up waiting and with a distributer not in the USA. I can buy Camy BORA's (and Corima, Zipps...) from a local shop.

rhs

Assuming I had that sort of bling, I'd get the Zipp Z4s. Deeper rim than the Boras and a few grams lighter. I don't know if that dimple stuff works, but, it sounds cool.

dude, you have WAY too much money if you are serious.

You want to UPGRADE from Zipp 404s? What is the point? If you aren't winning races with those wheels, no other wheel is going to change that.

Perennial_Quest said:
well if looks justify your purchase I'd say the Boras are well justified

I'd personally go with Lightweights, but the BORAs are just about the sexiest wheel I have seen and have to agree with at least that sentiment.

Yeah,defo,if you have a look at the adverts in any cycling magazine where there is a picture of an expensive bike for sale they are nearly always wearing a set of Bora's in the pictures.This surely is no fluke,the bike looks way better with boras than any other wheelset.But I no nothing of the performance of them.