Are Madones shipping yet?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Monty, Oct 13, 2003.

  1. Monty

    Monty Guest

    I just ordered a 60 cm Madone. Does anyone know if they are shipping? My LBS wasn't sure when
    the bike would ship. A few weeks ago, I read in this newsgroup that Trek is shipping the 58 cm,
    LA's size.

    Will I be riding this bike b/4 the snow flies or will I have to wait until spring?

    Thanks Monty

    Tags:

  2. On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:02:48 GMT, "Monty" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I just ordered a 60 cm Madone. Does anyone know if they are shipping? My LBS wasn't sure when
    >the bike would ship. A few weeks ago, I read in this newsgroup that Trek is shipping the 58 cm,
    >LA's size.
    >
    >Will I be riding this bike b/4 the snow flies or will I have to wait until spring?
    >
    >Thanks Monty

    Well if the 60cm Madone is anything like the 60cm 5200 then you will probably have to wait for at
    least a few weeks. I ordered a 60cm 2004 5200 about 3 and a half weeks ago. I thought it would take
    no more than 2 weeks for it to arrive at my LBS. After 2 weeks I phoned my LBS and said "Wassup?
    Where da bike at?", they told me that it would be another 3 to 4 weeks!

    So I guess I should be expecting to wear long underwear by the time my bike arrives.

    J. Spaceman

  3. Dianne_1234

    Dianne_1234 Guest

    "Monty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I just ordered a 60 cm Madone. Does anyone know if they are shipping? My LBS wasn't sure when
    > the bike would ship. A few weeks ago, I read in this newsgroup that Trek is shipping the 58 cm,
    > LA's size.
    >
    > Will I be riding this bike b/4 the snow flies or will I have to wait until spring?
    >
    > Thanks Monty

    Usually Lance's size is available first. ;-) Then the more popular sizes (read: middle of the bell
    curve). Then the very large or small sizes. (Edges of the bell curve.)

    You might have to wait.

  4. On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:02:48 GMT, "Monty" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I just ordered a 60 cm Madone. Does anyone know if they are shipping? My LBS wasn't sure when
    >the bike would ship. A few weeks ago, I read in this newsgroup that Trek is shipping the 58 cm,
    >LA's size.
    >
    >Will I be riding this bike b/4 the snow flies or will I have to wait until spring?
    >
    >Thanks Monty

    Received a phone call yesterday from my LBS, my Trek 5200 is in! Finally! I ordered it 5 weeks ago.
    I'm going to pick it up later today. Holla' if ya hear me!

    J. Spaceman

  5. Jason Spaceman wrote:

    > Received a phone call yesterday from my LBS, my Trek 5200 is in! Finally! I ordered it 5 weeks
    > ago. I'm going to pick it up later today. Holla' if ya hear me!
    >
    > J. Spaceman

    My gosh! I ordered two 5200's last Friday, a 50cm and a 54cm. The 54 came on Monday and the 50 on
    Tuesday. Granted the 54 is a pretty common size, but the 50 isn't. Just lucky, I guess.

    Alexander Gilchrist