Are Mavic CXP-33 rim holes offset?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Res09c5t, Mar 8, 2003.

  1. Res09c5t

    Res09c5t Guest

    Hi, I'm getting ready to build my first set of wheels using Mavic CXP-33 rims. I'm using the Book
    and Sheldon's website as guides. I'm trying to figure out if the holes in these rims are offset. If
    they are, they are barely offset. Just when I think I have it figured out, the next one seems to go
    the opposite direction. Help! Thanks! Lyle

    Tags:

  2. res09c5t <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm getting ready to build my first set of wheels using Mavic CXP-33 rims. I'm using the Book and
    > Sheldon's website as guides. I'm trying to figure out if the holes in these rims are offset. If
    > they are, they are barely offset. Just when I think I have it figured out, the next one seems to
    > go the opposite direction. Help!

    They are not offset. To my experience, the offset on rims with offset holes is easy to see, although
    it isn't more than a millimetre or two from the centerline.

    -as

  3. res-<< I'm getting ready to build my first set of wheels using Mavic CXP-33 rims. I'm using the Book
    and Sheldon's website as guides. I'm trying to figure out if the holes in these rims are offset.

    they are not-

    First dropped spoke on the right side of the hub goes into the first hole left of the inner tube
    valve stem hole if the wheel will be 'outside pulling' or 'head in'-rotate left for cross spokes.

    If inside pulling, first dropped spoke on the right side of the hub goes into the second hole to the
    right of the valve hole..rotate the hub right for cross spokes.