Are Mavic CXP-33 rim holes offset?

Res09c5t

Guest
Hi, I'm getting ready to build my first set of wheels using Mavic CXP-33 rims. I'm using the Book
and Sheldon's website as guides. I'm trying to figure out if the holes in these rims are offset. If
they are, they are barely offset. Just when I think I have it figured out, the next one seems to go
the opposite direction. Help! Thanks! Lyle

res09c5t <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm getting ready to build my first set of wheels using Mavic CXP-33 rims. I'm using the Book and
> Sheldon's website as guides. I'm trying to figure out if the holes in these rims are offset. If
> they are, they are barely offset. Just when I think I have it figured out, the next one seems to
> go the opposite direction. Help!

They are not offset. To my experience, the offset on rims with offset holes is easy to see, although
it isn't more than a millimetre or two from the centerline.

-as

res-<< I'm getting ready to build my first set of wheels using Mavic CXP-33 rims. I'm using the Book
and Sheldon's website as guides. I'm trying to figure out if the holes in these rims are offset.

they are not-

First dropped spoke on the right side of the hub goes into the first hole left of the inner tube
valve stem hole if the wheel will be 'outside pulling' or 'head in'-rotate left for cross spokes.

If inside pulling, first dropped spoke on the right side of the hub goes into the second hole to the
right of the valve hole..rotate the hub right for cross spokes.