Are my gears broke or am I thick?

Chalky White

Jul 28, 2004
Hi

I've just been and bought my first bike a Raleigh Chimera and I decided to ride it home from the shop. I changed up through the gears no problem, but then I came to a large bank and I realised I don't know how to change the gears down?????? The gears on the bike are Shinamo Sora STI......I've tried clicking both gear leavers in different orders etc but nothing seems to happen and I am now stuck in a high gear. Are my gears broke or am I thick? Any input would be much appreciated.

Chalky White said:
Hi

I've just been and bought my first bike a Raleigh Chimera and I decided to ride it home from the shop. I changed up through the gears no problem, but then I came to a large bank and I realised I don't know how to change the gears down?????? The gears on the bike are Shinamo Sora STI......I've tried clicking both gear leavers in different orders etc but nothing seems to happen and I am now stuck in a high gear. Are my gears broke or am I thick? Any input would be much appreciated.
The brake lever pivots and shifts to bigger cogs in the back and bigger chainrings in the front.The thumb buttons shift to smaller cogs and smaller chainrings.You should have got an owners manual and instructions from the shop: Their bad. bad.

boudreaux said:
The brake lever pivots and shifts to bigger cogs in the back and bigger chainrings in the front.The thumb buttons shift to smaller cogs and smaller chainrings.You should have got an owners manual and instructions from the shop: Their bad. bad.
So basically I am thick then......ha ha ha.

Cheers mate.:)