are Ridley frames any good? www.ridley-bikes.com

fort_man

Jun 3, 2002
are ridley frames any good...mainly track... i have been askin but no one answers me
please need help
www.ridley-bikes.com check it out

Ridley bikes are becoming very popular in Belgium. About 30% of amateur<br />racers ride ridleys. They have a good price performance balance and look very nice.<br />If I am not mistaken Ridley started by actually spraying frames. Prices<br />start at €356 (Geyryon). Their top frames (Airplane,Boreas, Brontes,Scandium)<br />go for €800-1200 and weigh around 1.2Kg.<br />I recently bought a 'compact' and its very stiff and nicely painted.<br />Stephen<br />

They seem to be quite good and reliable. <br /><br />But beware when you buy an ultra light frame same problem as with other brands the top end frame is build for climbing and is only suitable for that!! Lifetime at the junior team of domo was about 4 months for a frame but problem was mainly caused by the riders who rode cobboled races on a climbing frame.<br /><br />If you want to last it for long dont buy the lightest frame but one of a few grams more. <br /><br />Ridley did start as a painter and they still do a lot of repainting. Seems to be good bikes according to my friends. Many bicyle stores have ther own brand but its often a Ridley underneath, seems a plus if they bind there name to a frame.<br /><br />If you want to have a deal on your frame, and you have friens in belgium then you buy your frame through Andre Boonen father of ex Us-postal and now Quickstep Tom he mosttimes is able to get you a deal. <br /><br />Got myself a second hand ridley 2 weeks ago but havent rode it jat still cleaning and getting set up right combined with bad weather and cyclo-cross seaeson still on I prefer my Crosser to get dirty and wet.

A friend of me rides a ridley and he's really happy about it. he could get a second hand bike of the colstrop-palmans team. It was never used and because palmans colstrop changed from campy to shimano, they sold their bikes at half the prize. It is a very light bike. for the price it costs it is a very good bike<br /><br />Jelle

Originally posted by fort_man
are ridley frames any good...mainly track... i have been askin but no one answers me
please need help
www.ridley-bikes.com check it out

I've been riding a Ridley Airplane for the past two years and can assure you it is a goog comfortable ride. However the back-up service you will receive from Ridley leaves a lot to desire. I have a factory fault on my bike and six months down the line Ridley are still pondering if they are going to replace it or not. Mt advice - be careful

sts said:
Ridley bikes are becoming very popular in Belgium... I recently bought a 'compact' and its very stiff and nicely painted.<br />Stephen<br />
This is a rather long shot since you posted over 2 years ago. Do you still have your Ridley Compact? I'm looking at one on ebay that has good geometry for me. I'd be interested in your impressions, ride quality, etc. Thanks.

65cmFixie said:
This is a rather long shot since you posted over 2 years ago. Do you still have your Ridley Compact? I'm looking at one on ebay that has good geometry for me. I'd be interested in your impressions, ride quality, etc. Thanks.

I have replaced my previous Risley Airplane with a new Pheaton (18 months ago). All I can say is that it IS a MAGNIFICENT bike. I will be devastated should anything happen to it. The problem that I previously had was sorted out by the factory and can complement them on their assistance. My advice - buy the bike and enjoy! Best wishes Eddie E Cape Town South Africa. ([email protected])