Are Shimano 959 pedals a good choice?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Bill Wallace, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Bill Wallace

    Bill Wallace Guest

    I've always used SPD for both road and mtn biking. Equipment failure has forced me to look at new
    shoes/pedals for my road bike. After trying to find good data and advice on road pedals I can only
    find opinions and basically everybody likes what they use.

    The speedplays just look weird. The Look stuff seems to suffer once wear starts to set in and I'm
    rough on equipment. I'm not too worried about the "difficult to walk" thing, I am buying them to
    ride but I am used to SPD so I figure I'll just stick with it.

    For a short time I had low-end Shimano SPD pedals and I didn't like that but the nicer ones always
    seem to be just great.

    I've seen several high-end bikes at different shops, rides, etc, with the 959's. I know they are mtn
    pedals but they seem like a good choice. Would anyone disabuse me of this decision?

    BW

    Tags:

  2. Gwydion

    Gwydion Guest

    My wife loves the 959s for her road bike. She didn't like the Looks. I've been a Look user for a
    long time, and haven't had any reason to change.