Are Shimano 959 pedals a good choice?

Bill Wallace

Guest
I've always used SPD for both road and mtn biking. Equipment failure has forced me to look at new
shoes/pedals for my road bike. After trying to find good data and advice on road pedals I can only
find opinions and basically everybody likes what they use.

The speedplays just look weird. The Look stuff seems to suffer once wear starts to set in and I'm
rough on equipment. I'm not too worried about the "difficult to walk" thing, I am buying them to
ride but I am used to SPD so I figure I'll just stick with it.

For a short time I had low-end Shimano SPD pedals and I didn't like that but the nicer ones always
seem to be just great.

I've seen several high-end bikes at different shops, rides, etc, with the 959's. I know they are mtn
pedals but they seem like a good choice. Would anyone disabuse me of this decision?

BW

My wife loves the 959s for her road bike. She didn't like the Looks. I've been a Look user for a
long time, and haven't had any reason to change.