Are Sidi Bike Shoes Really Worth It.?

joshposh said:
You have to take in consideration that like any shoe bought and used, it is going to take a few days or weeks to break them in so that it conforms to your feet, movement, and weight displacement. There is no such thing as a shoe that is perfect the second that you put on. No way. I use to compete in other sports and I always fell back to me old pair of shoes when it comes to competition. It was part superstition, but it was contoured to my feet after years of competing in them.
There may not be a "perfect" shoe from the very get-go but you certainly can come close. If you have to break it in for weeks, it's probably not the right shoe. And that's not just in cycling shoes, that's in any discipline.

I have yet to buy any special cycling shoes. I've been cycling in Salomon hiking shoes. That's what I have on my feet at the moment. My next pair of shoes is likely to be cheap black Converse sneakers (USD $55 or thereabouts) which I've modified to have blinking LEDs all around the perimeter of the soles. This is in no my way my idea. Adafruit industries has an electronics how-to guide for getting LEDs on shoes. Credit for the entire idea goes to them.

Bob

BobCochran said:
I have yet to buy any special cycling shoes. I've been cycling in Salomon hiking shoes. That's what I have on my feet at the moment. My next pair of shoes is likely to be cheap black Converse sneakers (USD $55 or thereabouts) which I've modified to have blinking LEDs all around the perimeter of the soles. This is in no my way my idea. Adafruit industries has an electronics how-to guide for getting LEDs on shoes. Credit for the entire idea goes to them.

Bob
Bob, I think we're talking about shoes to clip in. ; )