Are stereoids really working?

Myth

Jul 22, 2005
Do you know that stereoids are working while sporting?
cycling or anything else?

i don't think it works.
it must be psychological i guess.

And on the other hand; how can i find stereoids on line?

do you have any suggestions?

Myth said:

i don't think it works.
it must be psychological i guess.

And on the other hand; how can i find stereoids on line?

do you have any suggestions?
Yes, steroids do work and you will know it when they kick in.

My suggestion is to stay away from them.

It seems by the simplicity of your question that you have no knowledge of PED's or a very minimum. Before I started my first cycle back in the early 80's I started with extensive research concerning anabolics and androgens in both medical journals, sport science and sports medicine journals at my college library. I spent a year of pure research. I found a doctor to talk to about the side effects. Forums (in general) are not the appropriate place to get information for this type of information. You will find that many on forums speak with authority, but many really have no idea what they are talking about. However, your life should be worth more to you than some stranger that may carelessly type out a suggestion to you.

I don't mean to be preaching at you, but no one should just use steroids or PED's just for the sake of using. I did use as a competitor and I also had a lot of problems that came later in my life that I would rather others not endure.

I hope you will and others who are also curious will just take this note as constructive information and that I am just trying to be helpful.

Felt_Rider said:
Yes, steroids do work and you will know it when they kick in.

My suggestion is to stay away from them.

It seems by the simplicity of your question that you have no knowledge of PED's or a very minimum. Before I started my first cycle back in the early 80's I started with extensive research concerning anabolics and androgens in both medical journals, sport science and sports medicine journals at my college library. I spent a year of pure research. I found a doctor to talk to about the side effects. Forums (in general) are not the appropriate place to get information for this type of information. You will find that many on forums speak with authority, but many really have no idea what they are talking about. However, your life should be worth more to you than some stranger that my carelessly type out a suggestion to you.

I don't mean to be preaching at you, but no one should just use steroids or PED's just for the sake of using. I did use as a competitor and I also had a lot of problems that came later in my life that I would rather others not endure.

I hope you will and others who are also curious will just take this note as constructive information and that I am just trying to be helpful.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions...

Myth said:

i don't think it works. it must be psychological i guess.

Well, you're partly right. Steroid users have reported for years about the psychological boost in addition to the physical boost. And they've talked about the depression they were afflicted with when they went off the 'roids and shrunk down too, something not many 'roid users think about when they start.

As for whether they work, here's an interesting article about a guy who decided to find out for himself, made himself a guinea pig, and wrote about the whole thing for Outside Magazine. Enjoy.

http://outside.away.com/outside/bodywork/200311/200311_drug_test_1.html

Biscayne said:
Well, you're partly right. Steroid users have reported for years about the psychological boost in addition to the physical boost. And they've talked about the depression they were afflicted with when they went off the 'roids and shrunk down too, something not many 'roid users think about when they start.

As for whether they work, here's an interesting article about a guy who decided to find out for himself, made himself a guinea pig, and wrote about the whole thing for Outside Magazine. Enjoy.

Excellent read - thanks!

I was reading his comment about psychological as perhaps placebo effect, either way some people do have a placebo effect because many people are using fake drugs, however, in a few weeks it would be recognized by a veteran if the drugs are real or not. Placebo would give a short term psychological benefit and a false sense of physical benefit.

On the flip side of things to the true psychological effects of using gear varies per individual and per drug or stacked drugs.

I have used mild anabolics like primabolan, deca, winstrol and would have very mild effect on my demeanor, but drugs like anadrol and parabolan would make me psycho and ill behaved or have violent mood swings.

Coming off a 15 week stacked cycle, usually following competition, I would go through a period of depression, but not always. In the later years of using I was able to deal with the depression better because I would expect it. Also my physical appearance did not change much because of coming off the drugs. In the early years I did not understand that I would get depression so when it came I would get suicidal in thought and came close one summer in acting out those thoughts.

The psychological benefits while being on gear is that I wanted to train day and night. There were a few times I would go in and train while having a high fever and still have a great workout. All I wanted to do was train and fight and then train some more after having a fight.

Anabolics/androgens have a variety of side effects and each individual is effected differently. Some will have little to no long term side effect, but some may encounter the worst. I will state that I have never met anyone that became psychologically addicted to steroids. It could be possible I guess, but each time I was on I was eager to get cleaned out for a few weeks before starting again. It was not fun finding a new injection spot. Oral anabolics are not as effective so injections could range from once a week to a daily injection. In my 10th year of using the scar tissue in my glutes were pretty bad and it became more difficult to get the needle in. I generally went in a circle from my right hip, right leg, left leg, left hip and then start again. Some of my friends would use their shoulders or lats for injection spots, but I found it hard to reach over to those areas to inject myself.

Can a person reach goals without using? Yes they can.
You might not be able to reach every goal, but if you set a realistic goals it may be possible. My heaviest personal record in squats occurred while being drug free a number of years after I quit using gear. After that day I realized I could reach some of those goals and be clean in the process and now I don't have to worry about picking up or dropping off a package and the Feds be watching over my back, I don't have to worry if my source is going to run off with my money, I am not having cystic acne problems, I don't have anger management issues anymore, I don't have to open my front door while holding my .45 ACP because I was also selling, I don't have strangers approaching me anymore asking me for something that will make them look good for spring break, I haven't had to repair any damaged holes in the walls and I am not considered the psycho jerk that I had a reputation for being a few years ago.

Sure not everyone goes through all this, but if one is going to start down this road they should be well studied in this area and know what to expect and not be blind to just the positive effects.

The positive effects are real, but so are the negative effects.

Biscayne said:

Holy ****, what a cool read, thanks a bundle
biggrin.gif

Bear in mind that this guenia pig tourist did not "blood dope' as a top Tour rider might.

This guy used insulin, hGH, nandrolone, testosterone and eventually EPO (just a few times I think)

Anyway EPO abuses do not constute blood doping.

EPO and the other steroids are used chiefly as rejuvenators. (for fast recovery)

The blood transfussions, spinners, HBOCs add serious performance boost immediately.

Add in vasodilators, corticosteroids and amphetamines and you have a rocket fuel.

Steroids are a part of doping, but it is the blood doping which has ruined the Tour de France.

toa said:
Holy ****, what a cool read, thanks a bundle
biggrin.gif

Flyer said:
Bear in mind that this guenia pig tourist did not "blood dope' as a top Tour rider might.

This guy used insulin, hGH, nandrolone, testosterone and eventually EPO (just a few times I think)

Anyway EPO abuses do not constute blood doping.

EPO and the other steroids are used chiefly as rejuvenators. (for fast recovery)
Not to get petty argumentative and all, but litterature would suggest otherwise:
http://bjsm.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/38/1/99
http://www.ms-se.com/pt/re/msse/abstract.00005768-199610000-00048.htm;jsessionid=Cp33jahu1x6Wl2fnj3NOwVMyEE3y2WrqnHzpfSEwXcsUi2lkRtvI!-465889315!-949856031!9001!-1
http://bjsm.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/37/3/190
(last one fine little article apart from the over-optimistic conclusion :rolleyes: )

Flyer said:
The blood transfussions, spinners, HBOCs add serious performance boost immediately.

Steroids are a part of doping, but it is the blood doping which has ruined the Tour de France.
About how long have cyclists been using the above mentioned type of blood doping products?

spokeking said:
About how long have cyclists been using the above mentioned type of blood doping products?
From http://bjsm.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/38/1/99
on blood boosting (transfusion like methods):
[size=+1]
The first alleged use of blood boosting in sport was in the 1960s, when a French four times winner of the Tour de France (1961–1964) was named as one of the first cyclists to use the technique. Widespread use among endurance athletes (especially running, cycling, and cross country skiing) started after the 1968 Olympic Games, in Mexico City which is situated at an altitude of 2300 m
[size=+1]
[/size]

EPO is used like aspirin today.

A daily medication for the exhausted endurance athlete.

Other methods of oxygen boosting are employed for event specific performances.

Chech out www.biopure.com

The US Navy paid them $18.5 million to develope Hemopure.

Both Navy Seals and TDF riders could benefit?

toa said:
Not to get petty argumentative and all, but litterature would suggest otherwise:
http://bjsm.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/38/1/99
http://www.ms-se.com/pt/re/msse/abstract.00005768-199610000-00048.htm;jsessionid=Cp33jahu1x6Wl2fnj3NOwVMyEE3y2WrqnHzpfSEwXcsUi2lkRtvI!-465889315!-949856031!9001!-1
http://bjsm.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/37/3/190
(last one fine little article apart from the over-optimistic conclusion :rolleyes: )