Are the 2 countries making/giving name to SCOTT bikes?

Bigbananabike

Dec 29, 2004
I see in PEZ cycling news they have an interview with a guy from Scott bikes & say they're Swiss made and yet whenever I see Scott bikes they're SCOTT USA.
Two countries bikes with the same name or is someone confused?:eek:

Just to add to the confusion, all the Scott carbon bikes I'm aware of are made in Asia. Not that that is bad.

--brett

Bigbananabike said:
I see in PEZ cycling news they have an interview with a guy from Scott bikes & say they're Swiss made and yet whenever I see Scott bikes they're SCOTT USA.
Two countries bikes with the same name or is someone confused?:eek:

Mostly made 'offshore', in Asia. I believe Scott is a European company, with Scott USA as a part.

I actually had a 07 Scott catalog that went in to detail about their carbon technology. One of the inset pictures showed a group of asian men in a organized factory setting with the oven/press equipment used in the process of constructing their frames. I believe it was in Tiawan and the tooling really looked impressive.

Peter@vecchios said:
'Perhaps' is correct..EXCELLENT overview.

Scott USA = cycling, skiing, goggles, etc. Scott USA bikes started to slide down hill in late 80s. Shifted their market to Europe where they were taking off

Scott = Scott USA (combined)

Scott produces their frames in China and Taiwan. Pretty good frames actually.

+1. Thanks to OBC for posting the link to this informative report.

oldbobcat said:
Perhaps this page can shed some light: http://allanti.com/page.cfm?PageID=328

One who reads that page can most likely presume that the Asians have become expert carbon fiber bike builders.

I quoted this part about Waterford from the article:
"Marc is now one of the most respected bike designers in the entire bicycle industry. And Waterford, with a one hundred year heritage in bicycle manufacturing, continues to make a winning, world class frames one at a time."

No doubt their frame's are great and probably the greatest thing being that one can have one made to personally fit. I think the one hundred year heritage part to be laid on kinda thick despite the fact that Marc was once a Schwinn employee. Not really picking on Waterford but you can kind a tell the bike preference of the auther writing all this stuff up.

Pretty effin hard to have everything made in the USA, I mean components, wheels, ect. besides the frame.