Are the dilating effects the same?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Francispoon, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    If I could lower my bp to say 130/80, using two approaches, would the effects of dilating on
    blood vessels the same. These approaches are(1)10 mg of Plendil and (2)5 mg of Plendil and 5 mg
    of beta-blocker.

    Thank you in advance,

    FP

    Tags:

  2. francispoon wrote:

    > If I could lower my bp to say 130/80, using two approaches, would the effects of dilating on blood
    > vessels the same. These approaches are(1)10 mg of Plendil and (2)5 mg of Plendil and 5 mg of beta-
    > blocker.

    The answer is probably "no."

    > Thank you in advance,

    You are welcome, Francis :)

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    **
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?T13943F77

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  3. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > francispoon wrote:
    >
    > > If I could lower my bp to say 130/80, using two approaches, would the effects of dilating on
    > > blood vessels the same. These approaches are(1)10 mg of Plendil and (2)5 mg of Plendil and 5 mg
    > > of beta-blocker.
    > >

    > The answer is probably "no."

    Thus if the purpose is to dilate blood vessels, is it better to use 10 mg of Plendil as opposed to
    the combination (2)? The reason why i ask you this is because my doctor who looks after my tinnitus
    thinks i need blood vessels dilator in order to make the oxygen supply in the brain more sufficient.
    I had tinnitus coming out in the process when i was changing from a single pill(10 mg of Norvase) to
    a combination treatment. I am wondering if the combination treatment produces less vessel dilating
    effect than the single pill approach. Kindly shed some light on this so that I could discuss with my
    doctor in order to move back towards the single pill approach.

    Thank You very much in advance,

    FP
    =============================================>

  4. francispoon wrote:

    > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > francispoon wrote:
    > >
    > > > If I could lower my bp to say 130/80, using two approaches, would the effects of dilating on
    > > > blood vessels the same. These approaches are(1)10 mg of Plendil and (2)5 mg of Plendil and 5
    > > > mg of beta-blocker.
    > > >

    > > The answer is probably "no."
    >
    > Thus if the purpose is to dilate blood vessels, is it better to use 10 mg of Plendil as opposed to
    > the combination (2)? The reason why i ask you this is because my doctor who looks after my
    > tinnitus thinks i need blood vessels dilator in order to make the oxygen supply in the brain more
    > sufficient. I had tinnitus coming out in the process when i was changing from a single pill(10 mg
    > of Norvase) to a combination treatment. I am wondering if the combination treatment produces less
    > vessel dilating effect than the single pill approach. Kindly shed some light on this so that I
    > could discuss with my doctor in order to move back towards the single pill approach.

    Beta blockers are known to worsen migraines. If your tinnitus is due to cerebrovascular dysfunction,
    it is conceivable that beta blockers may worsen your tinnitus.

    > Thank You very much in advance,

    You are welcome, Francis.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/

    **
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?T13943F77

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  5. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > francispoon wrote:
    >
    > > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > The answer is probably "no."
    > >
    > > Thus if the purpose is to dilate blood vessels, is it better to use 10 mg of Plendil as opposed
    > > to the combination (2)? The reason why i ask you this is because my doctor who looks after my
    > > tinnitus thinks i need blood vessels dilator in order to make the oxygen supply in the brain
    > > more sufficient. I had tinnitus coming out in the process when i was changing from a single
    > > pill(10 mg of Norvase) to a combination treatment. I am wondering if the combination treatment
    > > produces less vessel dilating effect than the single pill approach. Kindly shed some light on
    > > this so that I could discuss with my doctor in order to move back towards the single pill
    > > approach.
    > >

    > Beta blockers are known to worsen migraines. If your tinnitus is due to cerebrovascular
    > dysfunction, it is conceivable that beta blockers may worsen your tinnitus.

    One more question: The 'sound point' in my head travels from side to side; one day on the left and
    the next day on the right. Do you think such a movement has something to do with the signals sent
    out by the beta-blocker in my bp medicine regimen? I am very curious and wish to know urgently.

    Thank you in advance,

    FP

  6. francispoon wrote:

    > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > francispoon wrote:
    > >
    > > > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > Thus if the purpose is to dilate blood vessels, is it better to use 10 mg of Plendil as
    > > > opposed to the combination (2)? The reason why i ask you this is because my doctor who looks
    > > > after my tinnitus thinks i need blood vessels dilator in order to make the oxygen supply in
    > > > the brain more sufficient. I had tinnitus coming out in the process when i was changing from a
    > > > single pill(10 mg of Norvase) to a combination treatment. I am wondering if the combination
    > > > treatment produces less vessel dilating effect than the single pill approach. Kindly shed some
    > > > light on this so that I could discuss with my doctor in order to move back towards the single
    > > > pill approach.
    > > >

    > > Beta blockers are known to worsen migraines. If your tinnitus is due to cerebrovascular
    > > dysfunction, it is conceivable that beta blockers may worsen your tinnitus.
    >
    > One more question: The 'sound point' in my head travels from side to side; one day on the left and
    > the next day on the right. Do you think such a movement has something to do with the signals sent
    > out by the beta-blocker in my bp medicine regimen?

    If the beta-blocker has been invariant, it would be hard to connect the beta-blocker with this
    variation in 'sound point.'

    > I am very curious and wish to know urgently.
    >
    > Thank you in advance,

    You are welcome, Francis.

    Andrew

    --

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?G5EF42A77

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  7. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message snipped...
    > Beta blockers are known to worsen migraines. If your tinnitus is due to cerebrovascular
    > dysfunction, it is conceivable that beta blockers may worsen your tinnitus.

    My ENT doctor suggests that my tinnitus is due exactly to 'cerebrovascular' conditions, and
    encourages me to do away with beta-blocker. That means I have to alter my bp regimen again.

    Give me some courage to do so, Dr. Chung. My GP has already prescribed TANATRIL in place of the
    beta-blocker.

    FP

    > > Thank You very much in advance,
    > >

    > You are welcome, Francis.
    >
    > Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
    >
    > Andrew
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist http://www.heartmdphd.com/
    >
    > ** Who is the humblest person in the universe? http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557
    >
    > What is all this about? http://makeashorterlink.com/?T13943F77
    >
    > Is this spam? http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  8. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    And the new bp med prescribed to me by doctor named TANATRIL is known to have side-effects among
    which tinnitus is one of them.

    So it is a catch 22 situation.

    comments?

    FP
    ===================================

  9. --------------4F4B1427E553C31DB5D4A973

    francispoon wrote:

    > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message snipped...
    > > Beta blockers are known to worsen migraines. If your tinnitus is due to cerebrovascular
    > > dysfunction, it is conceivable that beta blockers may worsen your tinnitus.
    >
    > My ENT doctor suggests that my tinnitus is due exactly to 'cerebrovascular' conditions, and
    > encourages me to do away with beta-blocker. That means I have to alter my bp regimen again.
    >
    > Give me some courage to do so, Dr. Chung. My GP has already prescribed TANATRIL in place of the
    > beta-blocker.
    >
    > FP

    I don't have that power, but my Lord does.

    Andrew

    --

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?A26B16397

  10. --------------6FDEBB2347660BA4133D7B61

    francispoon wrote:

    > And the new bp med prescribed to me by doctor named TANATRIL is known to have side-effects among
    > which tinnitus is one of them.
    >
    > So it is a catch 22 situation.
    >
    > comments?
    >
    > FP

    The potential for a given side effect is not the same as its realization.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/

    **
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?A26B16397

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

    --------------6FDEBB2347660BA4133D7B61

    francispoon wrote:
    TANATRIL is known
    The potential for a given side effect is not the same as its realization.

    --------------6FDEBB2347660BA4133D7B61--

  11. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > francispoon wrote:
    >
    > > And the new bp med prescribed to me by doctor named TANATRIL is known to have side-effects among
    > > which tinnitus is one of them.
    > >
    > > So it is a catch 22 situation.
    > >
    > > comments?
    > >
    > > FP
    > >

    > The potential for a given side effect is not the same as its realization.

    TANATRIL hydrochloride contains elements of a diurectics. Right??????????

    FP
    ========================

    > Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
    >
    > Andrew
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist http://www.heartmdphd.com/
    >
    > ** Who is the humblest person in the universe? http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557
    >
    > What is all this about? http://makeashorterlink.com/?A26B16397
    >
    > Is this spam? http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867
    >

    > --

  12. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > francispoon wrote:
    >
    > > And the new bp med prescribed to me by doctor named TANATRIL is known to have side-effects among
    > > which tinnitus is one of them.
    > >
    > > So it is a catch 22 situation.
    > >
    > > comments?
    > >
    > > FP
    > >

    > The potential for a given side effect is not the same as its realization.

    Do you know of an ACE inhibitor that does not contain elements of hydrochloride? I experienced
    stedio effect when i took it yesterday. Now, i am back to calcium channel blocker and beta-blocker.

    FP
    =============================

  13. francispoon wrote:

    > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > francispoon wrote:
    > >
    > > > And the new bp med prescribed to me by doctor named TANATRIL is known to have side-effects
    > > > among which tinnitus is one of them.
    > > >
    > > > So it is a catch 22 situation.
    > > >
    > > > comments?
    > > >
    > > > FP
    > > >

    > > The potential for a given side effect is not the same as its realization.
    >
    > Do you know of an ACE inhibitor that does not contain elements of hydrochloride? I experienced
    > stedio effect when i took it yesterday. Now, i am back to calcium channel blocker and beta-
    > blocker.
    >
    > FP

    Most ACE inhibitors are available in formulations without hydrochlorothiazide.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/

    **
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?A26B16397

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  14. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > francispoon wrote:
    > >
    > > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > The potential for a given side effect is not the same as its realization.
    > >
    > > Do you know of an ACE inhibitor that does not contain elements of
    > > hydrochloride? I experienced stedio effect when i took it yesterday. Now, i
    > > am back to calcium channel blocker and beta-blocker.
    > >
    > > FP
    >
    > Most ACE inhibitors are available in formulations without hydrochlorothiazide.

    One more question: The name TANATRIL HYDROCHLORIDE is that of an ACE
    inhibitor. Does it mean it contains more or less the same substance as HYDROCHLORIDE-
    THIAZIDE? The latter used to produce 'stedio effect' on me from my
    tinnitus. Remember?

    FP

    > Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
    >
    > Andrew
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist
    > http://www.heartmdphd.com/
    >
    > ** Who is the humblest person in the universe?
    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557
    >
    > What is all this about? http://makeashorterlink.com/?A26B16397
    >
    > Is this spam? http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  15. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > francispoon wrote:
    > >
    > > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]>
    > > wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > The potential for a given side effect is not the same
    > > > as its realization.
    > >
    > > Do you know of an ACE inhibitor that does not contain
    > > elements of hydrochloride? I experienced stedio effect
    > > when i took it yesterday. Now, i am back to calcium
    > > channel blocker and beta-blocker.
    > >
    > > FP
    >
    > Most ACE inhibitors are available in formulations without
    > hydrochlorothiazide.

    Why is it not a good idea to use plainly 10 mg of Plendil to
    save the trouble of using 5 mg of Plendil and 5mg of an ACE
    inhibitor? My GP thinks if 5mg of Plendil does not do a good
    job on its own, additional mg will not do it. That is why
    she has chosen the 'combination' approach for me which
    involves more than one kind of med.

    FP
    ================================

  16. francispoon wrote:

    > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]>
    > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > francispoon wrote:
    > > >
    > > > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]>
    > > > wrote in message
    > > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > Do you know of an ACE inhibitor that does not contain
    > > > elements of hydrochloride? I experienced stedio effect
    > > > when i took it yesterday. Now, i am back to calcium
    > > > channel blocker and beta-blocker.
    > > >
    > > > FP
    > >
    > > Most ACE inhibitors are available in formulations
    > > without hydrochlorothiazide.
    >
    > Why is it not a good idea to use plainly 10 mg of Plendil
    > to save the trouble of using 5 mg of Plendil and 5mg of an
    > ACE inhibitor?

    It may be a good idea for you. Medical care should be and
    often is individualized.

    > My GP thinks if 5mg of Plendil does not do a good job on
    > its own, additional mg will not do it.

    Each doctor has his/her own style of doing things.

    > That is why she has chosen the 'combination' approach for
    > me which involves more than one kind of med.

    Is she not receptive to your discussions with her?

    Andrew