Are there any American made bikes?

omegaman

Mar 3, 2013
Yes. A company in Chattanooga makes a higher end line of bikes from Titanium. Google TN made bikes and you can get full info. Good luck.

Go to Lynskey Performance. Bikes made in Chattanooga, TN by American workers and can be customized

Good luck.

CAMPYBOB

Sep 12, 2005
"Wow, discriminate much?"

Nope. I just state the facts.

BTW, my last pair of 'Italian' framesets are made in mainland China. Heads asplode! The one before that was made in Taiwan. Divide by zero!!!

"and I may live an alternative lifestyle with some real quirky preferences in rife"

What happens in Asian rife stays in Asian rife!

Alternative? Quirky? Who knew.

AsianBullet

Mar 9, 2013
Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

BTW, my last pair of 'Italian' framesets are made in mainland China. Heads asplode! The one before that was made in Taiwan. Divide by zero!!!

"and I may live an alternative lifestyle with some real quirky preferences in rife"

I will ignore you. You obviously have a disdain for all things Asian.

AsianBullet

Mar 9, 2013
Originally Posted by alienator .

Like I said, he's a full on bigot and asshat.
Alienator....thanks for helping out. It hurts to see people live in the stone ages. I appreciate the support.

CAMPYBOB

Sep 12, 2005
" You obviously have a disdain for all things Asian."

Yeah...including the keyboard I'm typing this on!

I think it's a qwerty keyboard though. Not quirky.

"It hurts to see people live in the stone ages."

Cheer up, Bunky. My new bronze tool set will have me advancing an epoch or two. The monlith told me I'll be walking upright within a month or two!

"Like I said, he's a full on bigot and asshat."

Living rent-free in your head is fun! You'll just love what I've done with the place!

jpr95

Oct 11, 2010
Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

Originally Posted by AsianBullet .

I will ignore you. You obviously have a disdain for all things Asian.
Perhaps you missed what's in bold? I thought it was obvious, but I guess your definition of obvious is not obvious.

For your own edification, do a little Googling on imported, melamine-tainted baby formula from China, Chinese drywall, and lead-painted children's toys from China, then perhaps you'll understand the trepidation--those aren't quality shortfalls, those are apathetic reviews of the ingredients at best, malicious inclusions at worst.

For what it's worth, I ride a Chinese-made titanium frame that I think is of very good quality and was a reasonable price. I also lived in Taiwan for 3 years in the early '80s and enjoyed the experience.

AsianBullet

Mar 9, 2013
Originally Posted by jpr95 .

Perhaps you missed what's in bold? I thought it was obvious, but I guess your definition of obvious is not obvious.

For your own edification, do a little Googling on imported, melamine-tainted baby formula from China, Chinese drywall, and lead-painted children's toys from China, then perhaps you'll understand the trepidation--those aren't quality shortfalls, those are apathetic reviews of the ingredients at best, malicious inclusions at worst.

For what it's worth, I ride a Chinese-made titanium frame that I think is of very good quality and was a reasonable price. I also lived in Taiwan for 3 years in the early '80s and enjoyed the experience.
Thanks for crapping on my people. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon13.gif

jpr95

Oct 11, 2010
Originally Posted by AsianBullet .

Thanks for crapping on my people. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon13.gif
I didn't. You read into what I wrote something that's not there. If I were truly down on "your people", then I wouldn't be riding a Chinese-made frame, or have a house full of Chinese-made goods.

I will say that I don't trust the Chinese government any farther than I can throw them, but that doesn't mean I hate all the people in the country.

vikingproud

Mar 21, 2013
I am currently in love with javelin bikes, they bikes are awesome, reasonably priced, and made in America

Bike Attack

Mar 27, 2013
Intense Cycles aluminium mountain bikes are made in Temecula, California, USA.
Litespeed titanium road and mountain bikes are made in Tennessee, USA.

Interesting is that some of the bikes made in Taiwan have the same price tag than the bikes made in the US.
We wrote a blog about this:
http://blog.bikeattack.com/how-should-i-choose-a-bike-when-big-name-bike-brands-arent-always-better/#more-166

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
Bike Attack said:
Intense Cycles aluminium mountain bikes are made in Temecula, California, USA. Litespeed titanium road and mountain bikes are made in Tennessee, USA. Interesting is that some of the bikes made in Taiwan have the same price tag than the bikes made in the US. We wrote a blog about this:  
Why do you feel it is so important for someone looking to buy a bike to know the bike's origin? It's also interesting that you champion Intense and Litespeed as the champions of their fields. I'm not sure the majority of folks consider Litespeed the champion of Ti bike manufacturing in the US. Firefly, Moots, Seven, Indy Fab, and a number of others make bikes at least as good as Litespeed. The same point applies to Intense. Your readers should not that bicycle shop blogs are also chock full of marketing.

vspa

Jan 11, 2009
USA brands will fight for the tour the flanders podium: specialized (quick step), cannondale (cannondale), trek (radio shack) well done !

mpre53

Feb 20, 2013
Cape Cod, MA, USA
They may be American brands, but only Trek is still made here. Spesh and C-dale frames, even their most expensive, are made in Taiwan.

vspa

Jan 11, 2009
what happened to the handmade in america branded cannondales ?

vspa

Jan 11, 2009
danfoz said:
 Apparently that ended with CAAD9
oh ok, back then my friend in the bike shop even showed me a tag with the name (or employee' number) that actually worked on the frame i was looking, he said it was for warranties purposes,

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
It should be noted that the very first CF frame in the TdF was an American made frame, a Calfee in disguise. Also at least one Litespeed (a TT bike no less) and and a number of Serottas have plied the roads of pro races in Europe.