Are there any Atheist cyclists out there?

wiredued said:
Even today wolves and dogs can breed together after their kind so it isn't as far fetched as the macro evolution claims.
This specific example may well be true. I would like you to back up the argument when trying to tell me how that could have evolved into the many dozens of breeds we have in only the 4000 or so years that the bible says the Earth is old.

JohnO said:
...but you can't deny I'm here.
René Descartes was a drunken fart - "I drink therefore I am"
(Monty Python's Philospher Drinking Song)

baj32161 said:
This specific example may well be true. I would like you to back up the argument when trying to tell me how that could have evolved into the many dozens of breeds we have in only the 4000 or so years that the bible says the Earth is old.
I still don't know why the wolves didn't eat the rabbits. They look so tasty, even when they're wet.

wiredued said:
As for your beliefs not being forced on people I would have to say your wrong I am forced to pay for evolution to be taught to kids in the public schools. Is any one forcing you to pay to spread creation science?
Let's not get into a semantics debate here, but if you must, no noone is forcing me to spread creation "science," not that I would if they did. I was not talking about governments doing so, although I do believe that the current administration would love to do just that. I was merely pointing out that, on an individual level, I do not going around trying to convert believers....by trying to instill some imaginary fears of an eternity in Hell or other nonsense. Yet I am constantly bombarded with said practices, even from my own family....before you put words into my mouth, perhaps you need to go read the "christian cyclist thread." I will not bother rehashing my views here. They have already been made known. I will say this one more time....If you choose to believe in God or whatever yout choice of deity, and are happy with it, then I am happy for you. Most importantly, I will respect your beliefs. I will not call you a zealot, fanatic, idiot or any other disparaging name I have seen some of the faithful called. I will however demand that you extend the same courtesy to me. I am not so pompous as to say that Atheists and agnostics have the market cornered on tolerance...far from it in fact. But there are many christians who need to take a serious look at the company they keep....what with certain groups perpetrating heinous acts against various segments of humanity in the name of "their" God (ie: The KKK, The Conquistadors, The Inquisition, etc.) Even their God cautions his flock about glass houses.

Peace,

Brian

EoinC said:
I very much doubt if anyone here is going to change their beliefs because of some of the fuzzy logic that Wired issues at an almost spam-like frequency.
Almost?!?!

EoinC said:
René Descartes was a drunken fart - "I drink therefore I am"
(Monty Python's Philospher Drinking Song)

I don't think but I am anyway!

meehs said:
Very good point. I didn't mean to single out "believers" really. Sorry if it came across that way. Lots of folks tend to hang onto any argument to support whatever theory it is that they're pitching. I've seen it applied to the positive attributes of carbon fiber, titanium, steel, etc. on this very forum! :D

Anyway, good observations.
It's not my theory that steel is the best frame material. I'm simply a believer and I don't need logic to justify it. :D:D

Does this make me an aliminium atheist and/or a carbon agnostic? :confused:

(p.s. I'm in agreement - some great observations from the Beast.)

meehs said:
Very good point. I didn't mean to single out "believers" really. Sorry if it came across that way. Lots of folks tend to hang onto any argument to support whatever theory it is that they're pitching. I've seen it applied to the positive attributes of carbon fiber, titanium, steel, etc. on this very forum! :D

Anyway, good observations.
It's not my theory that steel is the best frame material. I'm simply a believer and I don't need logic to justify it. :D:D

This site seems to think that wolves have the genome that made it all possible. 4000 thousand years may be more than enough time considering what breeders have done in the last 400. Please remember variation of kind or micro evolution is not at issue I believe that variation of kind happens. http://sabic.co.za/robmilne/?q=node/206

baj32161 said:

This site seems to think that wolves have the genome that made it all possible. 4000 thousand years may be more than enough time considering what breeders have done in the last 400. Please remember variation of kind or micro evolution is not at issue I believe that variation of kind happens. http://sabic.co.za/robmilne/?q=node/206

baj32161 said:

I agree the extra 2 pounds is nothing when you consider the ride.

wheelist said:

I agree the extra 2 pounds is nothing when you consider the ride.

wheelist said:

wheelist said:

My virtual bike is better than any machine constructed of tangible materials.
It is made by Esoteria and is incredibly light,easy to repair and highly upgradable.
Non-logically it can't be beat.

wheelist said:

It is made by Esoteria and is incredibly light,easy to repair and highly upgradable.

jhuskey said:
Balderdash and piffle. I've a custom made dream of an imaginary bike. It evolves on a daily basis, and sheds upto half of its weight on steep climbs.

jhuskey said:
Balderdash and piffle. I've a custom made dream of an imaginary bike. It evolves on a daily basis, and sheds upto half of its weight on steep climbs.

wiredued said:
What do you propose as the factor which prevents multiple instances of microevolution from resulting in macroevolution?

wiredued said:
What do you propose as the factor which prevents multiple instances of microevolution from resulting in macroevolution?

wheelist said:

BS, for half of nothing is nothing...can I use than as an argument because of it's logical content?
Maybe in this case half of something is still nothing.
Besides my virtual bike virtually pedals itself.