Are there any Atheist cyclists out there?

you use the illustration of the microchip. I wholeheartedly agree. They are amazing and incredibly complex. But, they are a product of design. And you want me to believe that something infinitely more complex than a microchip "just happened"???

MichaelB said:
Have faith my child and when your brain stops working you will join me in heaven.

If that's you pictured in your avatar, then I now know that God isn't perfect !

(BTW, that's not me pictured in my avatar !)

DiabloScott said:
Maybe we should have a poll.

Nah, just nuke them both.
In all honesty, they probably belong in the soapbox.

It seems like there's a new christian thread every month in the cafe. Maybe we should immediately start a competing athiest/agnostic thread whenever a new xtian thread goes up. Not sure if it would be much of a deterrent though.

limerickman said:
If that's you pictured in your avatar, then I now know that God isn't perfect !

(BTW, that's not me pictured in my avatar !)

No Lim, it proves that he has sense of humor.... which I have always known.

jandbzpapa said:
It never ceases to amaze me that "thinking" people could be atheists. Do you really believe the balance of the universe, the intricacies of the human body, etc could al be a result of time +matter+ chance?"

Yeah... you're right, that does seem a bit ridiculous. I guess it is whole lot easier to believe that some omnipotent being that had previously just been hanging out for all of eternity finally got bored and therefore, over the course of six days ('cuz he/she rested on the seventh of course) created the entire universe and then created us in his/her image so that we could exist on one infinitesimal speck of said universe. Yeah, yeah... that does seem a lot easier to believe. Thanks!

jandbzpapa said:
But then you would probably think a watch found on a path "just evolved there."

So that's how that watch got there? It wasn't manufactured in some plant in China and then fell off some guy's wrist while he was out jogging??? I'm so stupid!

You've really cleared-up a lot of mysteries for me today. Thanks!

meehs said:
Yeah... you're right, that does seem a bit ridiculous. I guess it is whole lot easier to believe that some omnipotent being that had previously just been hanging out for all of eternity finally got bored and therefore, over the course of six days ('cuz he/she rested on the seventh of course) created the entire universe and then created us in his/her image so that we could exist on one infinitesimal speck of said universe. Yeah, yeah... that does seem a lot easier to believe. Thanks!
Good! Finally, we're all in agreement. Back to the business of cycling.

jandbzpapa said:
It never ceases to amaze me that "thinking" people could be atheists. Do you really believe the balance of the universe, the intricacies of the human body, etc could al be a result of time +matter+ chance?

Umm, Yes. :)

its not that, he is just realised that he is shite at cycling, his bike is shite and becuase of severe chronic personality disfunction he'll never get a girlfriend or integrate into society.

he probably listens to meat loaf and thinks fig rolls are just groovy

we should really feel sorry for him...

wheelist said:
Someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning. :D

Nah,

This year; 5 victories, 4 seconds, a 3rd and a 4th and my girlfriend is hot.

You're kinda like the guy that said I hated carbon fiber bike because I couldn't afford them when I roll on a pair of $6000 Ti bikes.

MountainPro said:
its not that, he is just realised that he is shite at cycling, his bike is shite and becuase of severe chronic personality disfunction he'll never get a girlfriend or integrate into society.

he probably listens to meat loaf and thinks fig rolls are just groovy

we should really feel sorry for him...

IronDonut said:
This year; 5 victories, 4 seconds, a 3rd and a 4th and my girlfriend is hot.
Beating up on the kiddies in the Beginner class isn't really that impressive.

you know guys, for being supporters of jesus you guys really take his teachings seriously, that whole love ur enemy, make peace not war stuff. im seeing more love coming from the athieists than most of the believers. sorry to those believers who arent trying to start another fight over jesus, but a few of you guys need to grow up and stop taking cheap shots at each other

i would love to get involved in this debate but im not in the mood to make enemies, which is one of those wonderful assets of religion.

nitrogenmustard said:
you know guys, for being supporters of jesus you guys really take his teachings seriously, that whole love ur enemy, make peace not war stuff. im seeing more love coming from the athieists than most of the believers. sorry to those believers who arent trying to start another fight over jesus, but a few of you guys need to grow up and stop taking cheap shots at each other

i would love to get involved in this debate but im not in the mood to make enemies, which is one of those wonderful assets of religion.

I think most of them are Old Testament style..you know, smite your enemy,eye for an eye,locust and plague upon you and yours.
All the fun stuff.