Are there any problesm using TRIKES for commuting/cargo hauling?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by John Paul Downe, Jun 20, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. John, I've used Lightfoot trikes as car-free alt for 5 yrs. I find them excellent in city traffic.
    I've driven them in Toronto and Montreal. The width works for me. I get high visibility and don't
    get 'squeezed'. I don't get hassled when I need to take the lane, tho' I'm still able to filter
    forward at lights in most cases. An important consideration in traffic is seat height to be able to
    see ahead (and be seen). SH on standard Lightfoot trikes is 22-24", which is eye level with most
    cars. The Greenway version is narrower and SH is correspondingly lower for COG (20"). I also use a
    SMV triangle on seatback for visibility. Regards, Barry Davidson Cyclotec HPV--Recumbent Bikes
    Trikes and Quads 548 Albert St. Peterborough ON CA K9J 4N7 Ph.705 749 2859 [email protected] "john
    news:[email protected]...

  3. Barry Davidson <[email protected]> wrote:
    : I also use a SMV triangle on seatback for visibility.

    Why don't seatbacks come in red, yellow or high visibility green?
    :)

    You could consider a coroplast luggage fairing in similar colour too. And 3M reflective foil.

  4. [email protected] wrote in news:bd2gm3$j0t$2 @oravannahka.helsinki.fi:

    > Barry Davidson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >: I also use a SMV triangle on seatback for visibility.
    >
    > Why don't seatbacks come in red, yellow or high visibility green?
    >:)
    >
    > You could consider a coroplast luggage fairing in similar colour too. And 3M reflective foil.

    I was thinking for when I build a fairing, getting some of that tape they use for marking lanes in
    construction areas around here. It's a metallic tape painted road stripe orange, with some sort of
    clear plastic glued to the surface to refract the light.

    -Bill Hamilton