Are there certain shoes that work well with Crank Bros. candy pedals?

kaian

Aug 22, 2004
Sorry to post this again, but I looked at my original post and the title looked more like a suggestion than a question.

So, here we go again...

Are there certain shoes that anyone would recommend I get for use with the Crank Bros. Candy SL pedals? If anyone has had a positive experience using a certain shoe brand with these pedals - let me know. Thanks!

I’m actually seeking an answer to this same question , and is the reason for joining this forum.

I do intend to buy a pair of Candy ti pedals this spring, and need to know if there is a “right” and a “wrong” type of shoe to use with these pedals.

Unfortunately, I do not know a lot about clipless pedals, so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate any info/advice.

kaian said:
Sorry to post this again, but I looked at my original post and the title looked more like a suggestion than a question.

So, here we go again...

Are there certain shoes that anyone would recommend I get for use with the Crank Bros. Candy SL pedals? If anyone has had a positive experience using a certain shoe brand with these pedals - let me know. Thanks!
ahh not sure about the candy, any shoe should work but in some cases you might need to cut down the grip on the shoe but i doubt it, the platform is quite low so it shouldnt be a problem

I've got Sidi Rampas. No need for shoe trimming. Close tolerance between shoe and platform, but it clicks right in. My buddy has some Diadora Geckos that work very well, too.

kaian said:

So, here we go again...

triguy98 said:
I've got Sidi Rampas. No need for shoe trimming. Close tolerance between shoe and platform, but it clicks right in. My buddy has some Diadora Geckos that work very well, too.

i know the specialized sport shoes will work as well :D

moparchris said:
i know the specialized sport shoes will work as well :D
I've actually be leaning towards a pair of Specialized shoes, the TAHO MTB shoes. It's good to know I shouldn't have too many issues.

Thanks all! :)