Are there Road Bike Shorts that aren't tights?

ed

Guest
Hello,

I am looking for shorts for road biking that aren't like tights, but
yet aren't super baggy like MTB shorts.... Can anyone recommend any?

Ed

"ed" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| Hello,
|
| I am looking for shorts for road biking that aren't like tights, but
| yet aren't super baggy like MTB shorts.... Can anyone recommend any?
|
| Ed

Ed: You want them because you don't like the look of the super-baggy style,
or you think that they'd be more comfortable? I don't think less "bagginess"
results in greater comfort until you get to the "tights" style. The relative
discomfort of baggy-style shorts compared to lycra is due to extra material
rubbing against itself and you, causing friction. It doesn't matter if
there's a lot or just a little extra material, the effect is the same. I
found this out once when for some reason I had to wear too-large lycra
shorts. For max comfort, you can't beat a tight-style fit. *Many* have tried
to prove this wrong.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

ed wrote:

> I am looking for shorts for road biking that aren't like tights, but
> yet aren't super baggy like MTB shorts.... Can anyone recommend any?

Wear some stretchy bike shorts, and then wear whatever shorts you like
over the top. I do this often so that I can carry the usual
complement of stuff that I keep in the pockets of my bib overalls.

Chalo

Chalo <[email protected]> wrote:
> ed wrote:
>>
>> I am looking for shorts for road biking that aren't like tights, but
>> yet aren't super baggy like MTB shorts.... Can anyone recommend any?

> Wear some stretchy bike shorts, and then wear whatever shorts you like
> over the top. I do this often so that I can carry the usual
> complement of stuff that I keep in the pockets of my bib overalls.

This is my standard shopping, mucking about town, social ride outfit.
Really, it's the most versatile, and a good way to keep using shorts
that are too embarassing to use otherwise (holes, thin spots in
not-so-strategic places, discoularations, whatever).

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a **** that looks at her watch.