Are these forks bent?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Pete Biggs, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. Jim Adney

    Jim Adney Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:35:29 +0100 "Pete Biggs"
    <pbiggmellon{remove_fruit}[email protected]> wrote:

    >These forks look well bent to me but is there a chance that they are supposed to be like this? :
    >
    >http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zbanana.htm
    >
    >http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zbanana1.htm
    >
    >(Bike rescued from a river!)

    I doubt if they were like this when new.

    -
    Jim Adney [email protected] Madison, WI 53711 USA

  2. Carl Fogel

    Carl Fogel Guest

    [email protected] (Sheldon Brown) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Carl Fogel) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Dave Larrington" wrote:
    >
    > > > Wot about HENRY The Horse (who dances the waltz)? Or "Harry The Hawk", for Softly Softly fans?
    >
    > Someone who must be even older than I am wrote:
    >
    > > Why, Dave, it is Harry the Horse because he is a guy who is more famous than somewhat in circles
    > > where sometimes it is better to go by just your initials in the script because although Broadway
    > > producers have plenty of scratch they like to save a little here and there because it all adds
    > > up, and besides, some of them do not wish to make it too clear who is who in case the script
    > > winds up in front of a judge.
    > >
    > > Anyway, you can find HTH in scripts for "Guys and Dolls,"
    >
    > Yes, that's _Harry_ but _Henry_ is from 15 years or so later, viz: _Being for the Benefit of
    > Mr. Kite_, from _Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band_, by one of the two greatest English
    > groups ever.
    >
    > Sheldon "I Got The Horse Right Here..." Brown Newtonville, Massachusetts
    > +------------------------------------------+
    > | Some are born with a silver spoon, | And some are born without a clue; | Some are born to take
    > | the biscuit, | Some are born to just make do. |
    > | |
    > | When those fatcats drop the big one, | They will turn a penny, too: | They will rent out
    > | nuclear shelters, | We'll get one with an outside loo! | -- Oysterband | (The greatest band
    > | since the Beatles) |
    > +------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone
    > 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041 http://harriscyclery.com Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide
    > http://captainbike.com http://sheldonbrown.com

    Dear Sheldon,

    Possibly older than you (the recent thread on age includes the necessary date and address for
    tasteful presents), perhaps merely old before my time, and maybe even going back further right here
    in this thread--if you look in the dark backward and abysm of time, thou mayst see the ancestral
    post in which the list of acronyms for HTH includes Harry The Horse (to my jingoistic satisfaction),
    but not Henry the Horse (to Dave's dismay).

    I'm still wondering what Hjälper Torr Hud means.

    Carl Fogel