I was wondering if anyone out there has tried coaching from
1.liquid fitness-josh horowitz
2.wenzel coaching-any
3CTS coaching
4. ric stern

if so,let me know what you thought
Thanks

My opinion, YMMV:

Wenzel - absolutely not under no circumstances should you go to Wenzel, ruined several teammates seasons when I was in Norcal, unscientific, generally bogus. Oh yeah, and Eddie B was implicated in doping... brilliant...

CTS - overhyped, some coaches are good. Others not so much. Consider Hunter Allen's programs instead if you are looking to purchase an 'off the shelf' product through CTS.

Ric - Solid scientific coaching from someone who has been in the business for a long time and has experience at all levels of the sport. Associate coaches are vetted by Ric and are generally very on top of things.

Josh - I've heard some good reports and read some intelligent sounding things from him but haven't had the experience with him to say one way or the other.

Judging from this list, are you based in Norcal?

marmatt said:
I was wondering if anyone out there has tried coaching from
1.liquid fitness-josh horowitz
2.wenzel coaching-any
3CTS coaching
4. ric stern

if so,let me know what you thought
Thanks
I'm currently being coached by RST (Ric Stern Training) and the level of professionalism, detail and enthusiasm by the coaches is absolutely fantastic. I couldn't be happier :cool: with them and their coaching is definitely producing results :D

Roadie_scum said:
My opinion, YMMV:

Wenzel - absolutely not under no circumstances should you go to Wenzel, ruined several teammates seasons when I was in Norcal, unscientific, generally bogus. Oh yeah, and Eddie B was implicated in doping... brilliant...

CTS - overhyped, some coaches are good. Others not so much. Consider Hunter Allen's programs instead if you are looking to purchase an 'off the shelf' product through CTS.

Ric - Solid scientific coaching from someone who has been in the business for a long time and has experience at all levels of the sport. Associate coaches are vetted by Ric and are generally very on top of things.

Josh - I've heard some good reports and read some intelligent sounding things from him but haven't had the experience with him to say one way or the other.

Judging from this list, are you based in Norcal?

Thanks Roadie, but you've just made me feel old, very old :(

Marmatt, feel free to shoot me any questions you may have about our coaching.

Cheers
Ric

MY02_STi said:
I'm currently being coached by RST (Ric Stern Training) and the level of professionalism, detail and enthusiasm by the coaches is absolutely fantastic. I couldn't be happier :cool: with them and their coaching is definitely producing results :D
Nice!:)

I am biased of course but I am coached by Ric and have had my best season ever. Why am I biased? - well I liked it so much I became an RST Associate Coach myself.

I can vouch for the vetting you go through to become an RST Asscociate Coach, it is thorough and covers all aspects of cycle coaching proficiency.

ric_stern/RST said:
Thanks Roadie, but you've just made me feel old, very old :(

Marmatt, feel free to shoot me any questions you may have about our coaching.

Cheers
Ric

Sorry mate! I don't actually know how old you are. I thought you'd been coaching since birth?

:p