Are These Zipp 303s, 11 Spd Compatible?

Xcessiv

Jan 23, 2009
I'm shopping for 303s. According to the decals, do you know if these ones are Shimano 11 spd compatible? The owner doesn't know.

$_20.JPG

Thanks!

If you are asking if the wheel as pictured will accept an 11-speed Shimano Cassette, then presuming it is a Shimano/-compatible wheel then PROBABLY NOT ...

But, you can probably replace the existing Freehub BODY with an 11-speed Shimano/-compatible Freehub BODY ...

I think that you should anticipate spending about $65+ for the replacement Freehub body + about $35 for your LBS to install it.

Of course, if you are handy, then you can swap the Freehub bodies as a DIY project.

BTW. If it is simply a matter of buying-and-using some 11-speed Shimano/-compatible shifters, then (by my reckoning) you CAN use them with a 10-speed Shimano/-compatible Cassette as long as you adjust the rear derailleur's Hi-Lo, accordingly ...

Alternatively, you could buy a Campagnolo compatible rear wheel BECAUSE (after possibly adjusting the rear derailleur's Hi-Lo stops), an 11-speed Campagnolo wheel can be used with an 11-speed Shimano shifter, and vice-versa (the real significance is that an 11-speed Shimano rear Cassette can be used with a set of Campagnolo shifters)

AFAIK, any post-2000 (post-1998?) Campagnolo compatible Freehub can accept the current 11-speed Campagnolo Cassettes ...

OF COURSE, if you are swapping Freehub bodies, you can opt for a Campagnolo-compatible Freehub body as an alternative IF you are willing to pony up for their Cassettes.