Are They The Next US Postal?

Venga

Jan 14, 2003
recently met an aussie woman who runs a pro (div. 2) cycling team called flanders-iteamnova.<br /> <br />www.iteamnova.com <br /><br />she's got a great idea. to fund the team, flanders-iteamnova sells yearly subscriptions to cycling fans. for around US$110 you get a team jersey, socks, gloves, hat, h20 bottle, newsletter, etc. you'd pay that much off the rack for pro kit, plus you get the satisfaction of helping this up-and-coming team. phil liggett has signed on, so it seems legit.<br /><br />the team's plan is to qualify for the TdF by 2006. with sponsors pulling out of pro cycling faster than cipo in a final sprint, it's good to see these blokes taking a new approach. maybe some american teams oughta try this! whaddya think?<br />

it is too bad that companys like mapei will not be sponsering teams this year. brilliant idea by flanders to try to raise subscriptions. this is grass-roots cycling at it's best. football teams like fc barcelona also do this to create revenues and interest supporters. ;D

I they just held a training camp in geelong and members could attend, you cant do that with ONCE. they may not be superstars yet but give 'em time ;)<br /><br />cheers!

That is great sounding, I wonder if they would mind if someone copied the idea here in SA. We have a huge cycling population yet very little corporate sponsorship even relative to whats happening in the rest of the world

Originally posted by Rhodent
That is great sounding, I wonder if they would mind if someone copied the idea here in SA. We have a huge cycling population yet very little corporate sponsorship even relative to whats happening in the rest of the world

There is nothing they could do about anyone who copies the idea!

cheers!