Are Trek and Cannondale frames measured the same?

cdaleguy

Nov 13, 2004
I have a Trek 1000 (50cm) and a Cannondale R1000 (52cm) and they seem to be the same size. Are the two measured differently, thus explaining the difference in advertised size versus actual size or what?

I don't know about that...but i do know that i measured a 52cm in a trek and a 48-50 in a cannondale. I think cannondale sizes are usually a little bigger...but might be wrong. All i know is that I have a specialized and it's a 52cm. My friend has a 52 cm cannondale and i can barely standover when i'm on my toes in regular running shoes.

cdaleguy said:
I have a Trek 1000 (50cm) and a Cannondale R1000 (52cm) and they seem to be the same size. Are the two measured differently, thus explaining the difference in advertised size versus actual size or what?
No! Current treks are measured to the top of an extended seattube,and Cdales are measured to the top of the toptube.

boudreaux said:
No! Current treks are measured to the top of an extended seattube,and Cdales are measured to the top of the toptube.

Not that one could have just gone to cannondale.com and trekbikes.com and have found out that information in about 15 seconds.

jitteringjr said:
Not that one could have just gone to cannondale.com and trekbikes.com and have found out that information in about 15 seconds.

Not that one could have NOT posted something negative and avoided depriving me of 15 seconds of my life by thinking I was reading a legitimate reply.

cdaleguy said:
Not that one could have NOT posted something negative and avoided depriving me of 15 seconds of my life by thinking I was reading a legitimate reply.

It was not a negative post and it is legitimate. All you had to do was look on two different web pages to find your answer.

"Not that one could have NOT posted something negative and avoided depriving me of 15 seconds of my life by thinking I was reading a legitimate reply."

Now you know how we all feel! Wouldn't you want to ask these questions BEFORE you bought the new bike instead of AFTER? Get out and ride, mate......

Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't that what this message board is for? I'm sure I could go back and find plenty of questions that you could have simply looked up, rather than asking.

GROW UP!!! it's getting so annoying how yalls posts are turning into childish arguments!! I'd like to think that we're all here to help each other out and cause we love cycling. So, for the love of cycling...stop.

jitteringjr said:
Why do people bother posting usless ******** like this? The guy asks a perfectly legit question that might be of interest to many people, and you have to spout of with your rude e-thug comments. STFU idiot f*cktard.

Thanx boudreaux!

WINGNUTT said:
Why do people bother posting usless ******** like this? The guy asks a perfectly legit question that might be of interest to many people, and you have to spout of with your rude e-thug comments. STFU idiot f*cktard.

Thanx boudreaux!

I totally agree. Thanks for saying it. He says this **** then tries to make it like I'm the idiot for asking the question. This guy's really a *****, man.

WINGNUTT said:

Thanx boudreaux!

Read your PM's

cdaleguy said:
I totally agree. Thanks for saying it. He says this **** then tries to make it like I'm the idiot for asking the question. This guy's really a *****, man.

Grow up Scott. Seriously whats with the name calling people.

jitteringjr said:
Grow up Scott. Seriously whats with the name calling people.
What the hell are you talking about? In case you don't remember, you initiated this **** with the following sentence "Not that one could have just gone to cannondale.com and trekbikes.com and have found out that information in about 15 seconds". Now how am I the one that needs to grow up.

cdaleguy said:
What the hell are you talking about? In case you don't remember, you initiated this **** with the following sentence "Not that one could have just gone to cannondale.com and trekbikes.com and have found out that information in about 15 seconds". Now how am I the one that needs to grow up.

Because you are the one sinking to name-calling. My comment is still a fact. If you would have done it you would have saved yourself having to wait some 9 hours for the answer and you wouldn't have had to hear the sarcastic "tape measure" comment which you rudely had to reply, "When all else fails, put a stupid-ass reply"

So now that I know that the 2 are measured differently, (forgive me for my ignorance) is a 50 inch trek and a 50 inch cannondale the same size bike?

cdaleguy said:
So now that I know that the 2 are measured differently, (forgive me for my ignorance) is a 50 inch trek and a 50 inch cannondale the same size bike?
Didn't you look at the geometry charts? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: