Are unicyclists allowed to race on London Underground?

Harry?

Electricity comes from other planets.

Are underground racists allowed to cycle at a London Uni?

--
Dave...

Only at the Mile End

--
Tony

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought" Lord
Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:34:16 +0100, Tony Raven <[email protected]>
> wrote in message <[email protected]>:
>

>>Only at the Mile End

> Tottenham Court Road.

Mornington Crescent?

--
Tony

"Don't argue the matter, the difficulties will argue for themselves"
-W.S. Churchill

Roedd <<Tony Raven>> wedi ysgrifennu:

> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:34:16 +0100, Tony Raven
>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> <[email protected]>:
>>

>>> Only at the Mile End

>> Tottenham Court Road.
>>

> Mornington Crescent?

Not if you're going to perform a double-loop manoeuvre from within the
Circle line. You'd have to be on two wheels to get away with that.
Marylebone would be a legal move.

--
Rob

http://www.asta51.dsl.pipex.com/webcam/

Robert Bruce wrote:
> Roedd <<Tony Raven>> wedi ysgrifennu:
>

>>Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:34:16 +0100, Tony Raven
>>><[email protected]> wrote in message

>>>Tottenham Court Road.
>>>

>>Mornington Crescent?

> Not if you're going to perform a double-loop manoeuvre from within the
> Circle line. You'd have to be on two wheels to get away with that.
> Marylebone would be a legal move.

I'm not going to perform a double-loop manoeuvre. You can only do
single loops with a unicycle but you can use the Houdini gambit on a
lateral under the 1946 rules to effect the desired destination from TCR.

--
Tony

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought" Lord
Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)

"Vincent Wilcox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Wrong, this was overturned in the 1958 rules and can only stand on its
> own if it is a tricycle. The Houdini gambit on a lateral with a unicycle
> only applies if it is a follow on from a Steinbeck connective conjoined
> with a Komminski-Vostok reverse polish manouvere. I think you'll find.

Ah, at last a concise answer.

Pete

Tony Raven wrote:
> Robert Bruce wrote:
>
>> Roedd <<Tony Raven>> wedi ysgrifennu:

>>> Mornington Crescent?

>> Not if you're going to perform a double-loop manoeuvre from within the
>> Circle line. You'd have to be on two wheels to get away with that.
>> Marylebone would be a legal move.
>>

> I'm not going to perform a double-loop manoeuvre. You can only do
> single loops with a unicycle but you can use the Houdini gambit on a
> lateral under the 1946 rules to effect the desired destination from TCR.

Wrong, this was overturned in the 1958 rules and can only stand on its
own if it is a tricycle. The Houdini gambit on a lateral with a unicycle
only applies if it is a follow on from a Steinbeck connective conjoined
with a Komminski-Vostok reverse polish manouvere. I think you'll find.

On Wed, 25 May 2005 17:15:07 +0000, Vincent Wilcox <[email protected]> wrote
in message <[email protected]>:

>Wrong, this was overturned in the 1958 rules and can only stand on its
>own if it is a tricycle. The Houdini gambit on a lateral with a unicycle
>only applies if it is a follow on from a Steinbeck connective conjoined
>with a Komminski-Vostok reverse polish manouvere. I think you'll find.

No, no, no - that's only when you play the Leningrad Variation, which
is considered bad taste since Markov because of its reference to
poisoned umbrellas.

However, I think Tony cheated. I think that move is only legal at
weekends and after 19:00...

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Wed, 25 May 2005 17:15:07 +0000, Vincent Wilcox <[email protected]> wrote
> in message <[email protected]>:
>

>>Wrong, this was overturned in the 1958 rules and can only stand on its
>>own if it is a tricycle. The Houdini gambit on a lateral with a unicycle
>>only applies if it is a follow on from a Steinbeck connective conjoined
>>with a Komminski-Vostok reverse polish manouvere. I think you'll find.

> No, no, no - that's only when you play the Leningrad Variation, which
> is considered bad taste since Markov because of its reference to
> poisoned umbrellas.
>
> However, I think Tony cheated. I think that move is only legal at
> weekends and after 19:00...

Oh alright then, Tottenham Hale.

--

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:13:35 +0100, Tony Raven <[email protected]>
> wrote in message <[email protected]>:
>

>>Oh alright then, Tottenham Hale.

> I'd go for Bank, but I don't know if unicycles are allowed on the
> moving walkway.
>

> Guy
> --
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
>
> "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
> simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Yes, well, you've just admitted el swear that you can be wrong. ;-)

--

On Wed, 25 May 2005 22:44:36 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

>>Oh alright then, Tottenham Hale.

> I'd go for Bank, but I don't know if unicycles are allowed on the moving
> walkway.

You could ride it the wrong way, and stay in the one place.
Pointless really.
Then again, it would be good exercise for unicyclists.
London Underground could make a tidy sum running spinning classes for
unicyclists. Just crank that speed up to make then go 'uphill'.

John Hearns wrote:

> You could ride it the wrong way, and stay in the one place.
> Pointless really.

Especially if you are the sort of unicyclist who needs to hold on to the
handrail ;-)