Are Vittoria ActionHSD folding Tubeles tyres?

sillysausage

May 26, 2006
Bit of a daft question probably, but I have recently bought a new bike and it came with these tyres.

I presumed that they would be tubed tyres and carry a puncture kit and pump around, but somebody said this morning that he'd be suprised if they weren't tubeless !

My only experience of tubs is on my 30 yr old bike and the wheels and tyres on that are a nightmare with glue. I spose technology has moved on some way, but want to know if I should be carrying a spare tyre or puncture kit :confused:

sillysausage said:
... should I be carrying a spare tyre or puncture kit :confused:
A spare tube, 23x700, 3 plastic tyre levers and a high presssure (120psi) pump. :)

sillysausage said:
Bit of a daft question probably, but I have recently bought a new bike and it came with these tyres.

I presumed that they would be tubed tyres and carry a puncture kit and pump around, but somebody said this morning that he'd be suprised if they weren't tubeless !

My only experience of tubs is on my 30 yr old bike and the wheels and tyres on that are a nightmare with glue. I spose technology has moved on some way, but want to know if I should be carrying a spare tyre or puncture kit :confused:
No, they are not tubulars. They are standard clinchers that Vittoria made in both folding and wire bead versions.