Are we really the last generation of Human on Earth?

Putin will see to it that we get into the next great war, which means it will happen in our lifetime.

"I don't know what world war III will be fought with but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones".

Albert Einstein

jhuskey said:
"I don't know what world war III will be fought with but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones".

Albert Einstein
Albert was smart enough to know that the atomic bomb he helped create could be the end all to modern civilization as we know it today. Sticks and stones? probably not that radical, but handguns and rifles is not out of the realm of possibilities. What's really going to be interesting is when someone, or plural, launches satellite killing weapons and several of them blow up and the pieces of those destroy the rest of the sats in space leaving a debris field in space that would form a ring around our planet, be cool to look at at night, but gone will be all of our phones, GPS, weather systems, TV and radio broadcasts just to name a few...which personally I really wouldn't care!!!

Well, we're right in the beginning of the transhumanist age that will bring forth great advances and disparity for the human race. As humans gradually combine with machines, the results will be both grotesque and magnificent. Perhaps, we're not that far from this cyborgian reality as we're already seeing fairly advanced prosthetic limbs and electronic eye implants. However, those that don't suffer from any disability will be able to enhance them further to the point where they become demi-gods. This will create a very unequal society between those that can afford cybenetic enhancement and those that can't.

Humanity is probably here to stay but will look very different from what we're currently accustomed to. Perhaps, it's a good thing that so many folks are taking selfies and posting them on the internet. Something to save for posterity, I guess. ;)

I am a licensed radio operator and have the ability to communicate with others even in a power outage. I couldn't call in a pizza delivery but I could find out what is happening around the country or the world.

Well, I certainly hope so, at least that's what the misanthropic side of my brain thinks. But humans are a very smart and versatile species, and I'm sure we'll pull through even if we faced a nuclear fallout or catastrophic meteor strikes. We'll probably be around for a long time to come.

Based on the bible after reading it a little bit, You can read several passages on Ezekiel that a major of sign of the anti christ on the border is when Russia and all the surrounding countries all attack Israel. It's a scary thought as Russia had a history of hate with them.

Based on the bible after reading it a little bit, You can read several passages on Ezekiel that a major of sign of the anti christ on the border is when Russia and all the surrounding countries all attack Israel. It's a scary thought as Russia had a history of hate with them.

If you understood what you were reading you would realize that you are just suffering from the human compulsion to draw comparisons where there likely are none. The only thing that the bible is clear about on this matter is that we wont be able to accurately predict end times or the coming of Christ let alone an anti-Christ.

99.9% of people have no idea of where in the Bible the term "antichrist" is, and in what context it was said.

Here's a hint: it's not in the Book of Revelation. And it has nothing to do with the so-called "end times".

Well I don't know about that, Israel is a pretty recent country, it only gained Independence in 14 May 1948. Before that everyone and their grandmother invaded it. I doubt that Russia is mentioned in the Bible as it didn't exist yet.

Well I don't know about that, Israel is a pretty recent country, it only gained Independence in 14 May 1948. Before that everyone and their grandmother invaded it. I doubt that Russia is mentioned in the Bible as it didn't exist yet.

The nation of Israel has existed for a long time. As far as the geographical location of the State of Israel you are correct.

HAH! You are literally making me laugh out loud! Recent? Maybe recently re-instated as a nation, but they are hardly new in the manner you imply. Israel is an ancient nation with a deep and complex history.

HAH! You are literally making me laugh out loud! Recent? Maybe recently re-instated as a nation, but they are hardly new in the manner you imply. Israel is an ancient nation with a deep and complex history.
I think you are confusing Judaism with Israel. Most of Israels history is part of other nations history that invaded the place, anyway if this didn't happen the Jewish nation would never truly be a global nation.

I think you are confusing Judaism with Israel. Most of Israels history is part of other nations history that invaded the place, anyway if this didn't happen the Jewish nation would never truly be a global nation.

God referred to them as Israeltes speaking to Moses. Who am I to argue with God? Of course that was a translation from the original scrolls. Then again, who am I to argue?

Reactions: Jcycle
No I am not. The name Israel and the term Israelite pre-date the definition you used of when the nation was formed. Please don't patronize me.

Reactions: jhuskey
I don't think so because a great deadly rumour was there in 2012 that the Earth is going to be destroyed on 21 December 2012 but what happened?We are still here and 4 years had been passed.Many news come that we are going to be the last humans on the earth but I don't think so and you also don't.It's all rubbish to think.

I don't think wars are things that will end life on earth. We even might be the last generation here. It is not certain because we simply do not know if something will happen with earth in a sense of global cataclysm or we could just get hit by some meteor. As for the wars, we might even survive the next world war but humanity would be severely damaged. I hope we do not find out neither of these things.

Na we got a solid 3-5 generations left before our destruction of the biosphere wipes most humans of the face of the earth.
But then either corporations will evolve into sentient A.I. or the super rich will become cyborgs.
The future is going to be gnarly.

There have been so many end of the world events already. For example Y2K, but there are definitely weapons on this world that could wipe the entire planet.

It's possible, but no one could possibly know. The end could be today or it could be years and years from now.