Are you a Cycling Dork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by webfoot
you are a hard one sir, she wasnt whining, just making some statements and adding a little humor. after all ,this thread is a humor related one. remember humor?? oh yeah forgot candians arent into humor eh. or are you just mad yaall arent the winningest on the bikes now. maybe country music and rodeos. thats humor too, in case you couldnt tell. later

Most of the funniest ppl to grace the big screen are Canadian, eh. So I know what homour is. Just would like to read about cycling related posts and not some womens life story. She could have privately emailed you. Heck, I could ***** about my life and take up pages, like most others.

Oh well......

Memph

Say Memph...coming from someone who sits around and argues for days with someone he doesn't even know AND has nothing nice to say...(look up sarcasm in the dictionary)I believe that your opinion to me (and probably lots of others) is about as important as CRAB legs it appears that you eat everyday. Try eating some chocolate. It might make YOU a bit happier plus an added benefit, it has antioxidants.Some folks are just miserable people with nothing better to do but spend their life being CRABBY to the people that God made our "brothers and sisters". Like it or not...(in certain instances I would prefer NOT)we all are. Go and watch the movie Misery, it's quite fitting. I never said I am unhappy or that I had a sad life. In fact, quite the contrary.If one can read AND comprehend, one would notice that my nickname is SMILIE. I happen to love my life(as I said before) I have everything a person needs, including HAPPINESS. I truly feel sorry for people who are so mean that they come on a forum, and alienate people because they have nothing good to say about anything. I am not a person who "dates". Read my post! Three men in 20 years is not a "dater". I do not NEED a man to be happy OBVIOUSLY. Men are the wonderful bonuses in life. SMILE it helps to prolong ones life.and you use more muscles than frowning. PS If there's any females in the area who would like to just ride out on a great area I know of, feel free to write to me. Does that make this a friend finder forum? Get real because this is LIFE...THE REAL WORLD, not whatever YOU want it to be.Whatever...I hope you find some happiness and peace in your life. I won't dignify any more of your petty posts with a reply. If you had read my profile, you would KNOW that my life isn't "sad". We should not prejudge one another. Maybe one would end up looking ridiculous and mean. BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD...Peace, Love and Light PSS Thanks again Webfoot. You are a pleasant person who inspires others. Your wife is a blessed lady. HEY YA'LL CHECK THIS OUT (especially you Memph)It'S the happiest website I have ever seen! I love it... Guaranteed to make you smile. If this doesn't make you smile nothing will! It is smile/smile (l as in love)mp
http://www.qnet.com/~pontius/smile/smilelmp_1[1].htm

Oh yes...my makeup HAS SPF in it. Why wear it? I LIKE IT. I wear what makes ME happy. MY preference, my choice.

Originally posted by bleachtblond
Say Memph...coming from someone who sits around and argues for days with someone he doesn't even know AND has nothing nice to say...(look up sarcasm in the dictionary)I believe that your opinion to me (and probably lots of others) is about as important as CRAB legs it appears that you eat everyday. Try eating some chocolate. It might make YOU a bit happier plus an added benefit, it has antioxidants.Some folks are just miserable people with nothing better to do but spend their life being CRABBY to the people that God made our "brothers and sisters". Like it or not...(in certain instances I would prefer NOT)we all are. Go and watch the movie Misery, it's quite fitting. I never said I am unhappy or that I had a sad life. In fact, quite the contrary.If one can read AND comprehend, one would notice that my nickname is SMILIE. I happen to love my life(as I said before) I have everything a person needs, including HAPPINESS. I truly feel sorry for people who are so mean that they come on a forum, and alienate people because they have nothing good to say about anything. I am not a person who "dates". Read my post! Three men in 20 years is not a "dater". I do not NEED a man to be happy OBVIOUSLY. Men are the wonderful bonuses in life. SMILE it helps to prolong ones life.and you use more muscles than frowning. PS If there's any females in the area who would like to just ride out on a great area I know of, feel free to write to me. Does that make this a friend finder forum? Get real because this is LIFE...THE REAL WORLD, not whatever YOU want it to be.Whatever...I hope you find some happiness and peace in your life. I won't dignify any more of your petty posts with a reply. If you had read my profile, you would KNOW that my life isn't "sad". We should not prejudge one another. Maybe one would end up looking ridiculous and mean. BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD...Peace, Love and Light PSS Thanks again Webfoot. You are a pleasant person who inspires others. Your wife is a blessed lady. HEY YA'LL CHECK THIS OUT (especially you Memph)It'S the happiest website I have ever seen! I love it... Guaranteed to make you smile. If this doesn't make you smile nothing will! It is smile/smile (l as in love)mp
http://www.qnet.com/~pontius/smile/smilelmp_1[1].htm

OMG, yet another long winded reply. Great to hear that your life is great. But must we discuss or read about it here.

As for mine, it is grat and am a very happy person. I do enjoy safood, but not the kind you were reffering to..

Hope you locate what you are searching for. Remember there is only one true god and that is each of us. We are our own gods...

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
OMG, yet another long winded reply. Great to hear that your life is great. But must we discuss or read about it here.

As for mine, it is grat and am a very happy person. I do enjoy safood, but not the kind you were reffering to..

Hope you locate what you are searching for. Remember there is only one true god and that is each of us. We are our own gods...

Memph

great & seafood :mad:

ok memph lets not get into a relgious discussion in here, because "we are our own gods" is the stupidest thing I have ever heard so just dont start it here

Hooray Specialized...YOU GO GUY! I couldn't agree with you more. I have no more intentions of dignifying stupidity... LOL! ;) :)

Originally posted by Specialized27
ok memph lets not get into a relgious discussion in here, because "we are our own gods" is the stupidest thing I have ever heard so just dont start it here

Sorry, but what do most ppl believe in, god. What should most ppl believe in, themself. That would make each of us our own god. We create what is going to happen to us, not some fictional being created by ignorant ppl form an era long gone. Believe in yourself and anything is possible.

Memph

try this site now

http://www.qnet.com/~pontius/smile/...nd paste. It's smiles! You will like it....

like i always say. if god wanted you to walk, he wouldnt of invented bicycles. remember bicycles? can you say bicycle? Yes, I am a cycling dork. I ride a cannondale full suspension jekyl, with avid disc and shimano xt everything. 4 plus inches of travel and I sometimes tow my suspension bob trailer while wearing my cannondale team jersey and spandex shorts. I always wear a helmet, and wear funny socks with lizards or snakes on the side. and I am the normal one in this family. BLEACHBLOND, we are moving to hawaii in dec. If you ever get on a vacation, email us and you'll have a place to stay, FOR FREE, in a christian home while you tour, dive, sail and eat chocalate. My 8 year old says to invite that specialized rider too.

Originally posted by Guest
quoted from http://www.s1webdesign.com/humor.htm

To help prevent from becoming objects of ridicule, here are 10 basic rules that if you adhere to faithfully, cycling dorkdom may never apply to you!

1. Never never never ever wear a mirror on your helmet. This one small thing will immediately put you in a major make-fun of position. Now, of course, some riders who live in major metro areas need a mirror when riding in traffic. But you if you choose this little glass helmet add-on, you will still be categorized immediately as a major stay-away-from dork.

2. For goodness sake, stop wearing Mercatone Uno or any other pro cycling apparel unless you perhaps actually ride for a pro team! Not many things will cause so many rolled eyes as a rider who shows up for a group ride completely decked out, from helmet to socks in some pro teams kit. YOU may think it is cool, but it is a major, major sign of dorkism. The only time this is allowed is when you are riding solo, and then only when no other riders will see you.

3. Replace your 6-year old Bell helmet. The alarm bells go off instantaneously when a rider with a Bell Vector or some such antique helmet rolls up. Eeeeeeeek!

4. PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEZ take your cycling shoes off sometime within, oh, 3 or 4 hours after you are done riding. Do not clatter all over the parking lot, registration, awards ceremony (EGAD!) with your cycling shoes on. Besides the obvious signs of dorkism, YOUR CLEATS ARE WEARING OUT!

5. GET OUT of your cycling shorts sometime within a week or so of completing your ride. Standing around the parking lot chatting for hours after your ride in your shorts (and shoes probably) is a big NO NO. Let me ask you this, do you see Lance hours after a race still with his shorts on ? UMMMM. NO. Pros immediately get out of their cycling clothes upon completion of the ride. For good reason. It is a good way to get saddle sores, not even counting the dork points you will pile up doing this.

6. NEVER BUY A "BIKE BRA". Only shop owners and rich snobs who ride C-40's and go slow use these. Bugs on your bike are a part of life dammit!

7. DO NOT tuck your jersey into you shorts when you ride. Umm, a bike jersey was not made to be tucked in, hello, the pockets on the back and such? Geeeeeeeeeeeeez.

8. SHAVE YOUR LEGS! Hairy legs are a monster giveaway to either being a major cycling dork, or, perhaps a victim of a very domineering wife.

9. DO NOT loudly describe to your friends after the ride how you "hammered" but then were dropped and finished 37th.

10. ROADIES w/ Camelbacks. Ummmmmm.. no..Acceptable only for RAAM riders and MTB, if you must.

10a. And last but not least: The dreaded Chainring mark. These black greasy nasty marks consist of a chainring impression upon the calve. Amazingly, Cat 4's and citizens never seem to see these marks, riding and walking around parking lots (in their cleats, of course) decorated with these tattoes of cycling dorkdom proudly displayed.

save your old helmets for winter riding - take out the sizing pads and wear a balaclava. re: changing clothes for parking lot - I linger to say 'hi' and promptly ride home. re: jerseys - why not wear your club jersey, or an unmarked one? For commuting, t-shirts work fine, and people yell at you less. mirrors - learn to turn around in the saddle to take a panoramic look at traffic!

Thanks Webfoot! You never know, I may just take ya'll up on that. My daughter says thanks too. She also wanted to point out that since she's going to cosmetology school in high school and will be licensed in two yers, that ya'll will get free haircuts, colors and perms if you like. I am so glad that there are good christian folks out there who care about each other. God and Bikes Rule...
Smiles from a possible Dork. Lol

Originally posted by bleachtblond
Thanks Webfoot! You never know, I may just take ya'll up on that. My daughter says thanks too. She also wanted to point out that since she's going to cosmetology school in high school and will be licensed in two yers, that ya'll will get free haircuts, colors and perms if you like. I am so glad that there are good christian folks out there who care about each other. God and Bikes Rule...
Smiles from a possible Dork. Lol

Which god rules? Buddha, Christ, Zeus, God, Allah, Alien, Ourself? So many to choose....

Memph

memphman, i can't say for the others but the buddha isn't a god. he was a human being that attained spiritual enlightenment. buddhists don't worship or pray to the buddha the same way christians worship god and christ.

Originally posted by M2cycler
memphman, i can't say for the others but the buddha isn't a god. he was a human being that attained spiritual enlightenment. buddhists don't worship or pray to the buddha the same way christians worship god and christ.

Thank-you for the update:p

Memph

Wow, thanks for the offer webfoot. But, be careful because you never know when I might decide to take you up on that offer. Hawaii has always been a place I want to visit! again thanks for the invite!

Memph can we stick to the original topic please?

Status
Not open for further replies.