Are you a Cycling Dork?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Feb 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

PS FORGET ABOUT IT= faget about it...in a movie...anyone else see it and understand what faget about it is? LOL:D

2. Specialized27

Specialized27 New Member

its kind of like fuhget about it....like a mobster type thing....well at least that is how it sounds in my mind lol

3. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

All words and quotes to make the ignorant afraid of the rich. That is all most religion is. A way for the rich to control the ignorant poor. When answers were needed, the bible come about. That is why science was thought of the devils work. It proved most of what was written was false. Hey if you want to believe in this, then good for you. If you are going to preach crap to me, then I'll flush it down the toilet where it belongs......

Memph

4. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

Thank-you for clearing that up.....

Memph

5. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

fughet about it...you are welcome and first on my prayer list.] :)

6. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

It's okay. Don't let it get to you. It's easy to fall into the negativity trap. Sometimes, it's very hard not to want to lash out in return, when someone is so hateful. Keeping a happy attitude is really hard for me right now. We are all entitled to our opinions and you are right. Lol ;) Try not to dignify the comments with a remark. I know it's hard, believe me I understand. You are obviously a decent person, pushed to being aggravated by another. In regard to my size and stats... let him believe what he will. The truth always does prevail. Usually when someone is pointing their finger at another, they are pointing three back at themselves. :) Hang in there and here's a big :D It's about the ride Kate. I think being the Queen is an honor. Lol You sound like so much fun to ride with. I love your attitude! You have livened this forum up.(with positivity/it needed it)Specialized, when you going to Hawaii? Webfoot, one day I'll be there to visit and ride with your family. In the meantime, get some sun for me.;) :)

7. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

Specialized; Thank you...that is exactly it...Boy that Memphs a tough one huh? We got a lot of extra praying to do tonight... ;) Sometimes, it is very hard for me to turn the other cheek. I know that ya'll in this forum have a mind of their own and will see me for who I am rather than from a point of view of someone who has never seen or met me. My website is a very positive site.... http://hometown.aol.com/suesanmcd/ is my website. Please read the whole site. It is filled with joyful things...Peace and blessings to all

8. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

Thanx for that website. Have not laughed that hard for awhile. Your site is meant to be funny, right? Are you like one of those ppl who stand on the corner preaching god. You are so brain washed my this, like a cult.

Be happy believing in what-ever.

Please do not pray for me. My god, Jason Voorhees does not take to kindly to it...

Memph

9. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

10. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

Of course I don't stand on the street corner and preach...I go to church as I am going to do tomorrow morning! Glad you had a good laugh. At least for a moment you couldn't type something hateful! AND an added benefit...You said yourself, that you laughed, so,you smiled, even if only for a second. It was worth you making fun of it just for that. BIG SMILES! A lot of people on this forum would say they perceive me as a happy person. I wonder what they'd say about you Memph? HMMMMM...Oh by the way memph, Memph, thanks for the input...it is appreciated. Well goodnight ya'll. I got some prayers to say for Memph. ;)
    PS SEECYD; Are you a real person or just memph portraying another?:confused::) For every negative there is a positive.
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

11. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

You are so thick. How would you like it if I put your name beside female street workers. That is the same for me and any type of false, fake, crap, garbage, bogus regilion. Which is all of them. If you would like to pray for someone. Pray for yourself to wake up and see the light. See what you are believing in is crap. The only true god are actually ALIENS. We are all like hamsters and earth is our cage. They watch us for their amusement.....

Have fun being stuck at church, while I ride 100 miles or so. More power to you for being happy. What-ever floats your boat. Just don't try to sink mine my filling it with god crap.....

CC is real, as real as any god you believe in....

Memph

12. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

Thank you! My mother used to say the same thing. Since we are Portuguese, she would say "you got a head like a Portuguese bread" (thick) I consider "being thick headed" a great compliment! That means I never give up or quit. When did you meet the Aliens? LOL! = P roflmao = ) Great laugh. :D I needed that. Thanks for returning the laugh. That was great!

Good to hear your ride was nice. 100 miles oughta keep you good and fit! How can one need to trim down and still ride 100 miles? I'll bet you don't need to lose an inch...:)

13. webfoot

webfoot New Member

whew, dont read this for 2 days and I miss all the good stuff. Headlines and pictures in todays paper--- Tour de Anchorage won for 8th time by same person. 5 stages. Final one 65 miles. Picture of man crossing finish line first is wearing------ a camelback. Blew your dork theory out the door. Proberly wont hear any post from memph today bleachblond, if he's on a 100 mile or so it may be a couple days. If he makes it with all those worn out parts he doesnt believe in changing. Just kidding memph. Hope you had a good ride. I love to ride the centuries as they really take me out of this crazy world during the few hours of spinning. Mt. biking does too, but not a lot of spinning happens there, especially when I ride where no man has ridden before. End results seem to be similiar. Physically and mentally. Get that great endorphine buzz. Anyone know how Lance did in Frisco??

14. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

Much to your disappointment, made it in under a couple of days, old parts and all. Go figure, my new rear wheel got a snapped spoke near the end of my ride. Am going to replace old parts this off season with new 9-spd Dura-Ace, except pedals and hubs.

I try to ride 160km every Sunday. Would lke to get back into racing next season. So just attempting to get mylegs back and lose alittle weight......

Memph

15. Chesapeake Boy

Chesapeake Boy New Member

If you think so...I am sure I will be in therapy blubbering over your impressions of me. Since between my poor typing, and your choice to not read between the lines... You ARE a cycling dork if you have to tell your"opinion" to everyone .... especialy those that don't care because you don't respect anyone else's opinion.

Just show a little respect for others... eh?

So you are as tough and tiny as I am?? HA, little boy......
    Yeah, something like that:rolleyes:

16. webfoot

webfoot New Member

memph, what kind of rims you running. ever tried those racing ones with only10 or so spokes. dont know if they hold up for more than a race, but saw them on the lemond, trek and cannodales. I think they are Rolfs. So cool and aerodynamic. What are you running for gears? dura aces or 105's? Staying away from the italian stuff? Hope the broken spoke didnt put you on the road. Hate that rash stuff. Good luckk on next season. Hope to see some high results in the standings. Always nice to say I knew them when.

17. Chotch

Chotch New Member

On the topic of camel backs: though I don't currently own one, you can get a damn lot of slurpee in one of those bad boys. Nothing better on a smoking hot day than enjoying frozen stuff while thouse around you drink skunky water:) bit of a pain to wash out though.

Oops I may have just branded myself as a dork.

18. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

Just purchased a set of "Spinergy" that are being built. Even when I pick them up, will not use them til next year. At the moment, using "Mavic open 4 CD's" with Dura-Ace hubs.

Shimano has a rim with only 8 spokes and suppose to be tough as hell. Just alittle to pricy for me right now. Plus 8 spokes would frighten me.

No I never went down. Just heard that fimilar sound and knew what it was.

Shall not be reading about me for awhile, if ever. Have to start over in the bottom and climb up the categories. Thanx for thinking so highly.

I use Dura-Ace STI 8spd, except pads Modolo, Campy seat post, and Mavic rims.....

Memph

19. Seecyd

Seecyd New Member

Well it took me about an hour to read what I've missed since my last posting.
    This place reminds me of this chatroom I used to venture to .. called Firefly.
    Cool place. I like fiery conversations even if they are a bit lame. I suppose it
    would be less fun if everyone agreed with each other. LOL Counselling is out
    of the question?

Bleacht -- Last I checked I was a real person. I am definitely not Memph's alter.
    Memph is 6ft 2? and I am 5ft 1 :) Wait a minute... uh oh... I do think like a man... does that count? LOL

I am not religious, and have not been baptised. I don't really have an opinion about religion because it still confuses me. I do believe however in a higher power and the power of the Self. I think that people can believe in what they want as long as it does not harm anyone else... They can even spout on about it if they wish, it is my choice to listen to it or not. I live in a free world, even though it's my own little CC world. :)

Memph -- I don't know what to say about your "Jason/God" thing. I'm just glad you don't talk
    about this when we're together. LOL And you don't need to blush in front of me, I say
    it as it is too. If I didn't like you, you'd know it... [And, I'm sure I could be much meaner than you. If I wanted.]

Kate -- East Coasters are some of the best people I know. :) Glad to see you're on the bike!

I can't remember who made the comment on how putting on the whole get-up just to go to the cornerstore is dorky, but that made me laugh for a good while. That is truly dorky.

I don't really look at what a guy's wearing... esp if they have great legs and ass. Sorry, that slipped out.

As far as I'm concerned, the fact that someone's on a bike and getting exercise and/or enjoying themselves is great... there's nothing dorky about that. You know for every negative thing you can think of, there's always a positive one. So, next time you spurt out, Holy Jesus and Mother of God, did you see the size of that guy/girl on that... is that a bike!!!!? --the very next thought should be, At least, they're on a bike and trying to lose it. --Even though, it's going to take them about 5 years -- But, then again, it's better late than never. ------ You get the picture.

Now you try it. ROFL

Well, until the next time I come here to do some light reading.
    Take care of yourselves, and be good.
    CC

20. Sidi

Sidi New Member

1. I wear pro gear to be seen.

2. I shave my legs for road rash reasons and dont like a wire brush being used on my legs instead of the grill to get **** off.

3. Are you going to get a rebreather like they used in Dune to recoup some of the moisture and turned it into water or carry a Camelback?

4. I have that chain ring mark Tattooed onto my leg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.