Are you a Cycling Dork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by halfmutt
You could have persisted with the wound healing angle, or even diverted to the aerodynamics argument, but auto-eroticism? As we say down here, " I don't believe I'd'a told that."

out

Why lie to ya all. All of my female friends love it. So do most on this site. Then again, have to have kick **** legs to shave. Mine are.....

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
Why lie to ya all. All of my female friends love it. So do most on this site. Then again, have to have kick **** legs to shave. Mine are.....

Memph
mirror mirror....

out

Originally posted by Specialized27
I find it funny how half of memphs posts are defending himself...haha...just noticed that lol

Yes you are correct. I like to debate issues and call it as I see. No beating around the bush (unless you are bin laden and enjoy beating bush), get right to the point. Either you hate or like that.

Wow, must have been bored to count over 100 posts of me defending myself. Man get out and enjoy life :) But thanx for having me as the center of your universe...

Memph

I hunt alone, waiting for my prey. Are you scared......

Originally posted by halfmutt
mirror mirror....

out

Why hide what others what to see. What hide what other cyclists want.

The more I ride the larger my ego becomes...

Can't wait til my 1st race next year. My bubble shall finally be burst :( ......

Memph

I didnt count all your posts...I just noticed that every time I checked a new post it was you defending yourself haha...plus you post more than anyone I have seen...I dont think I am the one who needs to get out

Originally posted by Specialized27
I didnt count all your posts...I just noticed that every time I checked a new post it was you defending yourself haha...plus you post more than anyone I have seen...I dont think I am the one who needs to get out

True I do post more than most. Have lots to say. I decided to use my television for the net instead of watching mindless tv shows. As for getting out, I do, to work or training....

Memph

F*** I'm Good, Just Ask Me. too many guys are like that. such a waste of perfectly good-looks.

ive come across a few them and even though some of them had shaved legs and good physique, they were using their high pressure bike pumps to inflate the wrong things. Memph i think you asked rhetorically 'why would you go for unfit guys?'. my answer is that sometimes you meet the gym junkie/obsessed triathlete/mr vain, and that's all he seems to care about. he loves his body so much that he doesnt spare a thought for you.

here's a joke someone posted:
How to know if you are dating a triathlete
1. Youve known them for a year and have never seen him in a car.
2. They seems to collect water bottles.
3. They invite you for a swim at the beach and on the way they say they want to carve your initials in an offshore oil rig.
4. They have an unhealthy obsession for climbing stairs.
5. When they say they$B!G(Bre going to run down to the store they actually run.
6. They can get to work faster on their bike than you can in your car.
7. They have named their bike.
8. You now know better than to go for a "little walk" with them.
9. Dolphins think of them as one of the pod
10. Rain, wind, jellyfish, killer bees, fierce dogs or a DATE with you won't stop them from missing a session.

met a guy who was so self-absorbed and realised i wasnt a priority at all. it's like girls who always try to get their make-up just perfect for the guy. she could be the hottest thing on two legs but if she's no fun the guy loses interest.

looking awesome is cool, but if you're not fun, caring and good to be around, what's the point?

my answer to this whole shaved legs question is: shave em and everyone will know you're sporty, which gives you sex appeal. that's it. so what if you have sex appeal? at the end of the day you may still be a very lonely person if you don't make real connections. but maybe lonely is what you need as an athlete because so much of your life is your sport, and maybe no one else belongs in it.

so i suppose everyone should just live their lives the way they want as long as it makes them happy.

Yes you are correct. I like to debate issues and call it as I see. No beating around the bush (unless you are bin laden and enjoy beating bush), get right to the point. Either you hate or like that.

Wow, must have been bored to count over 100 posts of me defending myself. Man get out and enjoy life :) But thanx for having me as the center of your universe...

Memph

I hunt alone, waiting for my prey. Are you scared......

Are you Gay??

Originally posted by su22
ive only come into this debate late, but that's exactly my point! i know that i scare guys away who are unfit, cuz so many guys i meet can't handle being beaten by a girl, so a guy with shaved legs is either a swimmer, cyclist or triathlete. mmm mmm. ;)

If a guy is riding in the professional circuit he probably wouldn't be questioned about shaving his legs because he's earned respect in his field. Serious triathletes who compete are probably immune to being questioned about this as they too have earned respect. I just started cycling about two months ago. I ride a 12 year old Giant Iguana and do 140-180 miles a week. At this point I wouldn't even consider shaving. Next spring I will switch to a road bike but I cannot imagine ever shaving my legs. What's next...lipstick??

Originally posted by su22
F*** I'm Good, Just Ask Me. too many guys are like that. such a waste of perfectly good-looks.

ive come across a few them and even though some of them had shaved legs and good physique, they were using their high pressure bike pumps to inflate the wrong things. Memph i think you asked rhetorically 'why would you go for unfit guys?'. my answer is that sometimes you meet the gym junkie/obsessed triathlete/mr vain, and that's all he seems to care about. he loves his body so much that he doesnt spare a thought for you.

here's a joke someone posted:
How to know if you are dating a triathlete
1. Youve known them for a year and have never seen him in a car.
2. They seems to collect water bottles.
3. They invite you for a swim at the beach and on the way they say they want to carve your initials in an offshore oil rig.
4. They have an unhealthy obsession for climbing stairs.
5. When they say they¡Çre going to run down to the store they actually run.
6. They can get to work faster on their bike than you can in your car.
7. They have named their bike.
8. You now know better than to go for a "little walk" with them.
9. Dolphins think of them as one of the pod
10. Rain, wind, jellyfish, killer bees, fierce dogs or a DATE with you won't stop them from missing a session.

met a guy who was so self-absorbed and realised i wasnt a priority at all. it's like girls who always try to get their make-up just perfect for the guy. she could be the hottest thing on two legs but if she's no fun the guy loses interest.

looking awesome is cool, but if you're not fun, caring and good to be around, what's the point?

my answer to this whole shaved legs question is: shave em and everyone will know you're sporty, which gives you sex appeal. that's it. so what if you have sex appeal? at the end of the day you may still be a very lonely person if you don't make real connections. but maybe lonely is what you need as an athlete because so much of your life is your sport, and maybe no one else belongs in it.

That was homourous, thanx. I am a #6, ride to work faster then it takes to drive. Another way to get a FAST 1/2 hour in.

I dislike most triathletes. Have not met one that I liked. Have not met one that could cycle well. Give them credit to be able to compete in 3 areas. But I know I can't swim or run that well. So I do not go out and try to keep up with serious runners. Tri's attempt this on their bikes. Why......

Memph

Originally posted by Commander
Are you Gay??

No, enjoy breasts to much and the feel of a females touch.

Get asked this all the time. Have been told that I do not act like a typical sports minded, grunting, ignorant male. ....

Memph

Originally posted by Commander
If a guy is riding in the professional circuit he probably wouldn't be questioned about shaving his legs because he's earned respect in his field. Serious triathletes who compete are probably immune to being questioned about this as they too have earned respect. I just started cycling about two months ago. I ride a 12 year old Giant Iguana and do 140-180 miles a week. At this point I wouldn't even consider shaving. Next spring I will switch to a road bike but I cannot imagine ever shaving my legs. What's next...lipstick??

Why is this such a big deal? Just because your father or society said it was not right to shave. Who are they to tell anyone anything. If you would like to shave then shave, if not then don't. It has little to do with the sport anymore. Has to do with personal appearance and choice. Muscles look better when not covered with hair. Reason why must body builders do it. Ever see a hairy one on stage?

By the way, most male actors wear make-up....

Memph

I dislike most triathletes. Have not met one that I liked. Have not met one that could cycle well. Give them credit to be able to compete in 3 areas. But I know I can't swim or run that well. So I do not go out and try to keep up with serious runners. Tri's attempt this on their bikes. Why......

Well... I know several triathletes that can kick a lot of roadie's @$$ on the bike - even after they've done a 10-k run! There are more than a few of these guys that can crush any lower Cat roadie, and a select few that can compete with all but the highest caliber roadies. This is a far cry from saying none of them can cycle well.

Memph, you've got a lot to say - which is fine. You just never seem to say anything good about anybody but yourself. I'm sure you'll find some cerebral way to say I'm an @$$hole (maybe I am), but how about trying on a little respect for a change - it just might look good on you.

Originally posted by BugMan
Well... I know several triathletes that can kick a lot of roadie's @$$ on the bike - even after they've done a 10-k run! There are more than a few of these guys that can crush any lower Cat roadie, and a select few that can compete with all but the highest caliber roadies. This is a far cry from saying none of them can cycle well.

Memph, you've got a lot to say - which is fine. You just never seem to say anything good about anybody but yourself. I'm sure you'll find some cerebral way to say I'm an @$$hole (maybe I am), but how about trying on a little respect for a change - it just might look good on you.

Why would I think your an **** just for having an opinion.

Yes you are probably correct in that might be strong tri riders. I just have not met one yet. As for them being super strong on a bike as well as being able to cycle and swim? Don't know. When I was at my peak years ago. I raced a few and hurt them bad. But these were not the elite of their sport, then again neither was I.

Maybe one day I shall met a strong tri or female rider.......

Opinions are great no matter what they are...

Memph

Originally posted by heater
Saw a guy today riding a road bike and the only thing he was wearing was a speedo.

Inspired by heater's post, tonight I made myself a cycling dork by wearing nothing but a pair of Speedo, a helmet, gloves and cycling shoes + socks :D :D :D Looks absolutely ridiculous on my road bike!

It was very fun, a couple of motorists was laughing out loud at a dork (me!) :)

I wonder if it's legal for a grown up man to ride like this anywhere, at anytime?? (I know it's dorkish, just curious)

That was homourous, thanx. I am a #6, ride to work faster then it takes to drive. Another way to get a FAST 1/2 hour in.

Memph

I am convinced now that Memphmann is an average rider and does NOT have muscular legs. Anyone with talent would not feel the need to continually attempt to convince a cycling forum how good he/she is. I am a boxer that has turned into a cyclist. Man I wish I could run into you at a race. I don't think your supposed muscular legs would help you out much pal.

Originally posted by theedge
Inspired by heater's post, tonight I made myself a cycling dork by wearing nothing but a pair of Speedo, a helmet, gloves and cycling shoes + socks :D :D :D Looks absolutely ridiculous on my road bike!

I wonder if it's legal for a grown up man to ride like this anywhere, at anytime?? (I know it's dorkish, just curious)
You didn't know?...
...Yeah, It's illegal in 28 states to sell speedos to men.
In fact, some of those states consider it as offensive as selling CRACK! ;D

out

Originally posted by theedge

If you have the body to wear a speedo, then it's your choice. My question is this. How did your fella feel on the seat without padding in shorts?????

Ouch!!!!!!!

Memph

Status
Not open for further replies.