Are you a Cycling Dork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memph: By the way, when is you ride? It appears you are ON HERE MOST OF THE TIME. Since you have "raced some of this countries best", drop us a few names of the ones you have beaten...:eek:

Originally posted by bleachtblond
Memph: By the way, when is you ride? It appears you are ON HERE MOST OF THE TIME. Since you have "raced some of this countries best", drop us a few names of the ones you have beaten...:eek:
:confused:

You dare write about my grammar. "By the way, when is you ride?". Is this proper grammer. Maybe from a backwoods hick whose brother is also her father. Remember I am Canadian, which means I am closer to England then you rebels. So we speak and write proper English better then the slang most Americans use.

If you want to see my legs so bad, come up here and look? How about someone from the site to verify my legs? Unable to post pics with my non-computer.

Please call me a few more names. When I was at my prime, there were many other racers (I do not use the term cyclists because this term includes the average joe), who could beat me. Many more that could not. There was not a single female that could. At this level, if a female could, why bother competing. There is no way a top female could beat a near top male. Which is the level I was at. Names, Alison Sydor, Kelly Anne Way, Jeane Luggo (do you know who she is, well never actually raced her). Many more whose names I have forgotten.

I truly do not care about a gym manager's opinion. Please keep on calling me names if it makes you feel better about yourself.......

Memph

Originally posted by Chesapeake Boy
Quite simple... I enjoy it... I enjoy being out in nature.. being part of it. I love watching the dog work, and bring back the birds. I love the chase... fooling the quarry. I love eating the meat that is generated by the hunt. I don't enjoy being tied to someone else for my substance.... and unless you are a vegitarian... what about those poor defensely chickens, sheep, hogs, and cattle that are raised fro the sole purpose of going on our tables...

The key is if you are not going ot eat it... you had better not pull the trigger.

Is killing animals or hunting a sport or way of life? Can't be a sport because what other sport involves killing as the main goal. Can't be a way of life unless this is the only way you get your meat. Then you also grow your our veggies and fruit.

Sure animals are raised on farms for the sole purpose of slaughtering, butchering, and selling. This is how it has been. But wild game, with no means of protecting themselves against hunters. Seems pointless to me.

Am not against gun ownership. Without guns to protect our homes, what would stop the street slime from robbing us. Guns create the fear that is needed to keep crime down.....

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
Is killing animals or hunting a sport or way of life? Can't be a sport because what other sport involves killing as the main goal. Can't be a way of life unless this is the only way you get your meat. Then you also grow your our veggies and fruit.

Sure animals are raised on farms for the sole purpose of slaughtering, butchering, and selling. This is how it has been. But wild game, with no means of protecting themselves against hunters. Seems pointless to me.

Am not against gun ownership. Without guns to protect our homes, what would stop the street slime from robbing us. Guns create the fear that is needed to keep crime down.....

Memph
So, it is okay to stuff the animals in boxes for the sole purpose of slaughtering them, then killing and eating them? There were hunters LONG before there were farms.

I never claimed to be perfect (like you) When is it you ride? You forgot the question mark after "Is this proper grammar?" Nearly all of your punctuation is incorrect. There should be a comma after hick and remember. Rebels should be capitalized (it's a name) The whole sentence is wrong about your legs. Many more that could not, is not a sentence. One name is fine for me. AR$$! My parents are dead. I have no brother. I don't feel better about myself when I verbally assault you, as you done to me in the past. I actually feel like you, rather than feeling "better about myself." Repulsive is how I would describe the feeling. I am not interested in your legs, I just don't believe you are what you say you are. It's amazing...you actually seemed rather quiet for your usual rude self. Are you feverish? You claim to have beaten those ladies but who have you won against that were men? I was born and raised in Massachusetts. I moved to North Carolina. I am not a hick. I would assume that by looking at your reply that YOU are the hick. Have a great night!:) I'll pray for you again tonight, while I pray for forgiveness, for stooping to your level. I know we'll chat again soon.;)

So, it is okay to stuff the animals in boxes for the sole purpose of slaughtering them, then killing and eating them? There were hunters LONG before there were farms.

First off this post was not aimed at you. So now you answer for "Bay".

Second, how ignorant are you? There has always been farming. My ppl, the native Canadian Indians have farmed as well as hunted. No wait, they hunted wild apples.

Please stick to repling to your posts and maybe you shall not look so ignorant. Hunting 100 years ago was needed, not now. Only ppl that should be allowed to hunt are Indians. But they got screwed by the white scum.......

Memph

I never claimed to be perfect (like you) When is it you ride? You forgot the question mark after "Is this proper grammar?" Nearly all of your punctuation is incorrect. There should be a comma after hick and remember. Rebels should be capitalized (it's a name) The whole sentence is wrong about your legs. Many more that could not, is not a sentence. One name is fine for me. AR$$! My parents are dead. I have no brother. I don't feel better about myself when I verbally assault you, as you done to me in the past. I actually feel like you, rather than feeling "better about myself." Repulsive is how I would describe the feeling. I am not interested in your legs, I just don't believe you are what you say you are. It's amazing...you actually seemed rather quiet for your usual rude self. Are you feverish? You claim to have beaten those ladies but who have you won against that were men? I was born and raised in Massachusetts. I moved to North Carolina. I am not a hick. I would assume that by looking at your reply that YOU are the hick. Have a great night!:) I'll pray for you again tonight, while I pray for forgiveness, for stooping to your level. I know we'll chat again soon.;)

Never once claimed that I was perfect. Furtherest from that point. Thanx, for thinking that I am. Also never claimed to have beaten any pro men, just the females. Rode with pro men like Steve Bauer, Curt Harnett, and Brian Walton. Never raced against them. A much of us over here have discussed this female vs male topic. Cat2 males are giving the pro females to much credit. They would be lucky to keep up with good Cat3's.

I am exactly as I say. If you do not believe, that is your right. As is praying to a fictional spirit in the sky. Do you get on your knees to pray? What are you wearing???

Memph

Memph
You beat Alyson Sydor???? Yeah Right... Please show use the race results....

As for your way of life statement... to many cycling is a way of life....that doesn't mean you can't have a car... Guess what, I am not only suprised that you don't support hunting.... guess what... I am going to give it up because you have convinced me that I am terrible human for hunting.

Memph- to be honest if more people were in touch with the past, and not living in the concrete jungle the world would be much better.

1)Farming came after hunting. Farming has been around for 1000's of years, but hunting was first. 2) How is the slaughter of livestock different from a person putting their wits against Mother Nature? If you truly saw what happens to those animals you wouldn't make these statements 3)Actually I have grown up my entire life raising our own veggies... that doesn't mean that I never use the grocery store.

Hockey can't be a sport... because no other sport uses a puck?
:rolleyes: I don't expect to change your mind, but you don't have clue to what you are saying.... on top of that you are a hypocrit. Have you ever even hunted, let alone held a gun? Then again have you ever raced, or ridden a bike?

BB you can chime in anytime, only an ignorant person will tell you what you can respond to on a public forum.

There is no way a top female could beat a near top male. Which is the level I was at. Names, Alison Sydor, Kelly Anne Way, Jeane Luggo (do you know who she is, well never actually raced her).Memph

Wow, now he's even beating women against whom he never raced. ;)

:confused:

Is this proper grammer. Maybe from a backwoods hick whose brother is also her father. Remember I am Canadian, which means I am closer to England then you rebels. So we speak and write proper English better then the slang most Americans use.

Memphhhh. You crack me up. You are easily one the most incompetent linguists that I have seen on any respectable forum. I am perfectly at ease with stating that there are serious grammatical mistakes in over 90% of your posts. Your errors are so many that I have lost count and cover spelling, punctuation, and regular grammar. What's even funnier is when you try to bang BB over the head by referring to your fellow Canadian's English heritage. Nobody ever said that Canadians couldn’t write proper sentences. It's you who can't write properly.

Who ever said that English people speak more proper English than any ex-colony? Only the English (who happens to think undeservedly highly of themselves). Since you're not English you're simply shooting yourself in the foot by making such statements. All ex-colonies speak their own dialect, and it's not slang. Most of the time it's actually the original language that was brought when the place was colonized. That means that the American English used in the USA is actually closer to 16th century "proper" English than what they speak in England. I wouldn't dream of stating that Shakespeare didn't speak proper English... Had you ever opened a book, you could've read about these humbling facts. The UK English have evolved through the years, and have taken a different form than what you would hear on the streets of London in 1550... Actually, maybe you would've fit in very well in 16th century London. Most people from that time were also analphabets.

Did you realize that you misspelled grammar when you asked BB if her sentence was "proper grammer"? You are simply too much Memph.

The sad thing is that the world is full of people like you, and sadly enough it's one of the main reasons we're in such a state of shambles. Take a look at yourself. You are linguistically completely useless, but refuse to see that fact. Based on your complete lack of self-awareness I seriously doubt your competency judging anything. I fear for people like you simply because we live in a democracy, and others just like you have the right to vote.

I have never doubted you as a bicycle rider, and firmly believe that you were a highly competitive Cat2 racer. There's nothing that I have seen that would disprove that. You statements regarding women riders might very well be correct, but I think you're pushing it too far. Do you actually think any Cat2 racer could beat Susanne Ljungskog (#1 on the UCI list) in a normal race? We all know that women have only 70% of the male muscle mass, but there's more to winning races than pure mass.

There's also more to winning friends than being a pure ass...

As for your way of life statement... to many cycling is a way of life....that doesn't mean you can't have a car... Guess what, I am not only suprised that you don't support hunting.... guess what... I am going to give it up because you have convinced me that I am terrible human for hunting.

Memph- to be honest if more people were in touch with the past, and not living in the concrete jungle the world would be much better.

1)Farming came after hunting. Farming has been around for 1000's of years, but hunting was first. 2) How is the slaughter of livestock different from a person putting their wits against Mother Nature? If you truly saw what happens to those animals you wouldn't make these statements 3)Actually I have grown up my entire life raising our own veggies... that doesn't mean that I never use the grocery store.

:rolleyes: I don't expect to change your mind, but you don't have clue to what you are saying.... on top of that you are a hypocrit. Have you ever even hunted, let alone held a gun? Then again have you ever raced, or ridden a bike?

BB you can chime in anytime, only an ignorant person will tell you what you can respond to on a public forum.

Is this such a differcult concept to grasp. The average female is weaker then the average male. Just the way our bodies are. If this was not the case, then females would compete against males in major sporting events.

As for me racing against Alison. It was a bet we and a much of others had years ago. It was a 140km ride. I would of even given her a 10 minute head start. She did not want it. In total, 12 other males finished ahead of her and a bunch of other females. Sorry, never knew I was going to need stats. Should have thought of this 10 years ago.

I fully agree with living life like years gone by. Hunting is just not needed in this day. How is it fair for the animals? How can they protect themselves. Yes, I have gone hunting many a time with relatives. Difference is, it is a way of life for them. Have done this before the white man stole their land. Most at least use bows, sure the bows are better then what they had 100's of years ago. But still better then hunting with guns. Ever take down a Grizzle with a bow? My 2nd cousin has.

I have seen slaughter houses. Actually helped slaughter a male bull on an ex's farm. Watching as a single shot in the head killed it. The blood running out of ears and nose. Stringing it ass up. Helping cut away the hide.

I also have been to a chicken slaughter house and ride by this place daily.

Hockey is a sport because it involves someone winning. Throwing the puck into the statement was stupid. So now what is not a sport?

Not attempting to change your mind our way of life. You let us know that you were hunting. So I threw my opinion out like I always do and shall........

Memph

Is this such a differcult concept to grasp. The average female is weaker then the average male. Just the way our bodies are. If this was not the case, then females would compete against males in major sporting events.

As for me racing against Alison. It was a bet we and a much of others had years ago. It was a 140km ride. I would of even given her a 10 minute head start. She did not want it. In total, 12 other males finished ahead of her and a bunch of other females. Sorry, never knew I was going to need stats. Should have thought of this 10 years ago.

I fully agree with living life like years gone by. Hunting is just not needed in this day. How is it fair for the animals? How can they protect themselves. Yes, I have gone hunting many a time with relatives. Difference is, it is a way of life for them. Have done this before the white man stole their land. Most at least use bows, sure the bows are better then what they had 100's of years ago. But still better then hunting with guns. Ever take down a Grizzle with a bow? My 2nd cousin has.

I have seen slaughter houses. Actually helped slaughter a male bull on an ex's farm. Watching as a single shot in the head killed it. The blood running out of ears and nose. Stringing it ass up. Helping cut away the hide.

I also have been to a chicken slaughter house and ride by this place daily.

Hockey is a sport because it involves someone winning. Throwing the puck into the statement was stupid. So now what is not a sport?

Not attempting to change your mind our way of life. You let us know that you were hunting. So I threw my opinion out like I always do and shall........

Memph

Originally posted by BugMan
Wow, now he's even beating women against whom he never raced. ;)

Really? My goal was to prove a point back then. Which was proven. A friend just competed in a MT bike race and most of the non pro guys in his bracket had faster times then the pro women with sponsorship. Why would this be??????

Memph

Originally posted by bstay
Memphhhh. You crack me up. You are easily one the most incompetent linguists that I have seen on any respectable forum. I am perfectly at ease with stating that there are serious grammatical mistakes in over 90% of your posts. Your errors are so many that I have lost count and cover spelling, punctuation, and regular grammar. What's even funnier is when you try to bang BB over the head by referring to your fellow Canadian's English heritage. Nobody ever said that Canadians couldn’t write proper sentences. It's you who can't write properly.

Who ever said that English people speak more proper English than any ex-colony? Only the English (who happens to think undeservedly highly of themselves). Since you're not English you're simply shooting yourself in the foot by making such statements. All ex-colonies speak their own dialect, and it's not slang. Most of the time it's actually the original language that was brought when the place was colonized. That means that the American English used in the USA is actually closer to 16th century "proper" English than what they speak in England. I wouldn't dream of stating that Shakespeare didn't speak proper English... Had you ever opened a book, you could've read about these humbling facts. The UK English have evolved through the years, and have taken a different form than what you would hear on the streets of London in 1550... Actually, maybe you would've fit in very well in 16th century London. Most people from that time were also analphabets.

Did you realize that you misspelled grammar when you asked BB if her sentence was "proper grammer"? You are simply too much Memph.

The sad thing is that the world is full of people like you, and sadly enough it's one of the main reasons we're in such a state of shambles. Take a look at yourself. You are linguistically completely useless, but refuse to see that fact. Based on your complete lack of self-awareness I seriously doubt your competency judging anything. I fear for people like you simply because we live in a democracy, and others just like you have the right to vote.

I have never doubted you as a bicycle rider, and firmly believe that you were a highly competitive Cat2 racer. There's nothing that I have seen that would disprove that. You statements regarding women riders might very well be correct, but I think you're pushing it too far. Do you actually think any Cat2 racer could beat Susanne Ljungskog (#1 on the UCI list) in a normal race? We all know that women have only 70% of the male muscle mass, but there's more to winning races than pure mass.

There's also more to winning friends than being a pure ass...

Wow that was alot to read.

Yes I seriously believe as many others do, that most Cat2's can beat the upper female pros. Heck some Cat3's could.

As for me voting. First, am not in your country :) Second, their should be more ppl like me. Someone that loves his country so much that most call him racist for his views. Someone that has opinions based on experience and is that afraid to voice them. Boo Hoo, some ppl's feelings might get hurt or ppl shall not like me. Most of the great ppl were viewed the same. The truth hurts. Like when someone asks "Does these jeans make my **** look big?". My answer would be, "No, your **** makes your **** look big."

Like my opinion or not, I shall continue to voice them. Am being some what politically correct, which is differcult for me :(

The black sheep has spoken......

Memph

You are the Blacksheep because you choose to be. I have to feel sorry for you, even though you are always slamming someone.
:(

No, I do not always get on my knees to pray Memph. It is frankly, none of your business what I am wearing. Why would you ask such a stupid question? I see that you are ignorant... but stupid? Ignorance means simply...destitute of knowledge. Stupidity is slow of mind. You don't always appear to be stupid, though you do appear to have no knowledge of some of the most important things in life. There is however, apparently, a stupid side to you. I am laughing my **** off. What a waste. I always pray for the ignorant and the stupid, which in this case, could be you.

Thank you for pointing out the grammar mistake. LMAO. Though I automatically spelled it correctly, I hadn't noticed his misspelling of grammar. Memph may be what he says, however, if he spent as much time riding as he does boasting, he could probably beat Lance Armstrong, instead of Ms. Snydor. I just occassionally get irritated with people, who say such mean things regularly. Two wrongs do not make a right. I apologize to you Memph for verbally stepping on your toes. I know you would never accept an apology but never the less, I apologize.

Thank you for pointing out Memphs misspelling of grammar. Though I automatically spelled grammar correctly, I hadn't noticed Memphs mistake. It must be the "hick" in me. LMAO Memph may be what he says, however, if he spent as much time riding, as he does boasting, he would likely beat Lance Armstrong, while riding backwards on the saddle. Occassionally, I get irritated with him because he rarely says anything nice to or about anyone, except himself. Memph; Of course, I shall pray for you tonight, as always. Would you prefer I pray while kneeling, or with my head on my pillow?

First off this post was not aimed at you. So now you answer for "Bay".

Second, how ignorant are you? There has always been farming. My ppl, the native Canadian Indians have farmed as well as hunted. No wait, they hunted wild apples.

Please stick to repling to your posts and maybe you shall not look so ignorant. Hunting 100 years ago was needed, not now. Only ppl that should be allowed to hunt are Indians. But they got screwed by the white scum.......

Memph

Memph; I shall reply to whomever, whenever and whatever I please. After all, I live in America. This is a free country. We believe in freedom of speech. Does that sound familiar to your hick ****? lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.