Are you a Cycling Dork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
] :D I wear my team colours all the time I have to support the team! I must say though I mostly ride alone but would not wear them for group rides.
The helmet mirror is a dorkdom invention ,and it really is not safe to wear underwear under your shorts IT BURNS!

Originally posted by bleachtblond
You said that you couldn't understand people who felt thay had to defend themselves all the time. I found that insulting, considering I shouldn't have to defend myself to memph anyways! If it wasn't meant as an insult, I apologize for taking it wrong...:)

Hey hey... howz you? --I figured I'd contribute a little bit of bad grammar and spelling, seeing as I have noticed lots of slamming from everyone over that... :)

Bleacht -- Nope, not an insult. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. It may have even been directed at myself. It was just a blip thought. In any case, I meant just that... you don't need to defend yourself against Memph. Really, when it comes down to the bottom line, what Memph thinks or doesn't think of you, should make absolutely no difference. Right? That's all I meant.

People see the world [their world] inside their own heads. They interpret it the way that only they know to... their own experiences, etc. Sometimes, no matter what you do... short of standing on your head, they are still going to see you the way that they want to see you. That's all I mean.

I like to know other people's opinons, but I certainly do not feel the need to change mine to theirs, try to change theirs to mine. Frankly, a total waste of time. It's just interesting to see how others see the world, whether their opinion is right or wrong, just or unjust. I believe that it does matter when they are the leaders of the tribe, country or world. If their way of seeing the world is crooked, then I believe the rest of us are up do-do creek.

I also believe that the way we can make a difference is by starting with ourselves.

Memph -- I'm an immigrant. I really don't think that Canada is any worse off with me living in it. At least I hope not. In fact, I contribute my share of work & taxes to keep this country going the way it is... wherever that is. LOL

Take care all, until next stop.
CC

ps. do-do = better than stars :)

Originally posted by Seecyd
Hey hey... howz you? --I figured I'd contribute a little bit of bad grammar and spelling, seeing as I have noticed lots of slamming from everyone over that... :)

Bleacht -- Nope, not an insult. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. It may have even been directed at myself. It was just a blip thought. In any case, I meant just that... you don't need to defend yourself against Memph. Really, when it comes down to the bottom line, what Memph thinks or doesn't think of you, should make absolutely no difference. Right? That's all I meant.

People see the world [their world] inside their own heads. They interpret it the way that only they know to... their own experiences, etc. Sometimes, no matter what you do... short of standing on your head, they are still going to see you the way that they want to see you. That's all I mean.

I like to know other people's opinons, but I certainly do not feel the need to change mine to theirs, try to change theirs to mine. Frankly, a total waste of time. It's just interesting to see how others see the world, whether their opinion is right or wrong, just or unjust. I believe that it does matter when they are the leaders of the tribe, country or world. If their way of seeing the world is crooked, then I believe the rest of us are up do-do creek.

I also believe that the way we can make a difference is by starting with ourselves.

Memph -- I'm an immigrant. I really don't think that Canada is any worse off with me living in it. At least I hope not. In fact, I contribute my share of work & taxes to keep this country going the way it is... wherever that is. LOL

Take care all, until next stop.
CC

ps. do-do = better than stars :)

I realize that you are an immigrant. Not one of those lousy ones, from one of those lousy countries. You are not stinky like most, do not wear improper clothing (like head wear), do not try to turn Canada into the country from which you fleed. Which country were you from?

Memph

Originally posted by guidebar
] :D I wear my team colours all the time I have to support the team! I must say though I mostly ride alone but would not wear them for group rides.
The helmet mirror is a dorkdom invention ,and it really is not safe to wear underwear under your shorts IT BURNS!

Did you catch the Elite men on Sunday?

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
I realize that you are an immigrant. Not one of those lousy ones, from one of those lousy countries. You are not stinky like most, do not wear improper clothing (like head wear), do not try to turn Canada into the country from which you fleed. Which country were you from?

Memph
LMAO That was a funny post Memph.....

Memph

Am I halucinating? Is no one else shocked by this kind of racist, hateful bull****? Lousy, stinky immigrants in improper clothing such as headwear? Is that an attempt at humor or do you actually feel that way, Memph? That is a load of xenophobic, bigoted deep south kinda' **** and I have no idea how anyone could read that and find it either amusing or intelligent.

You must have an IQ to match the size of your petite kekette.

Racist, hateful son of a....

"That is a load of xenophobic, bigoted deep south kinda' ****"

so it's now OK to stereotype the whole of the deep south? it sure is hard to keep up with what's PC these days. ;)

So, what's so wrong with wearing your Bell Lid? I even took off the name stickers!

I broke my frame on Sat and have no choice but to ride my Easton XC frame this weekend.
I wear a camelback during road races as I dislike reaching for my bottle. I can accelerate quickly while drinking while other riders have to time their drinks during lulls in the race.

I'm just dying to see how the roadies treat me with my hairy legs, camelback, 26" wheels and 2" of front travel this weekend :eek:

Ride on

Local Dork :p

Originally posted by less'go
Am I halucinating? Is no one else shocked by this kind of racist, hateful bull****? Lousy, stinky immigrants in improper clothing such as headwear? Is that an attempt at humor or do you actually feel that way, Memph? That is a load of xenophobic, bigoted deep south kinda' **** and I have no idea how anyone could read that and find it either amusing or intelligent.

You must have an IQ to match the size of your petite kekette.

Racist, hateful son of a....

It was anything but funny, like the way my country is going to **** because of immigrants. If I'm racist because I love my country, then so be it. I know multi-culturalism does not work. So why bother trying?

Some immigrants have attempted to change rules in my country to suit them. Like the RCMP (Canadian Police) have a dress code, which includes their hats. Those lousy turbine heads wanted not to where the hats.. Some group attempted to enter RCL's without taking off their turbines..

Mamny more rules have been changed to suit immigrants. Like in Toronto, we have a huge Christmas tree. They wanted to call it a "Holiday tree", so not to p!ss anyone off. Screw those that would be upset. It is a CHRISTMAS tree. Even I believe this and I do not believe in god.

True Canadians get nothing in my country and immigrants get it all......

Memph

Originally posted by jacobxray
"That is a load of xenophobic, bigoted deep south kinda' ****"

so it's now OK to stereotype the whole of the deep south? it sure is hard to keep up with what's PC these days. ;)

I'm from the "deep south", and Memph's kind of racist talk only reminds me of the kind of **** I heard around me (not from everyone, but from some people) when growing up, 'cept it was directed at black people and mexican people.

Mea culpa if you feel that "deep south" has now become a euphimism for a group of people who are discriminated against and need special protection. For me it's a way of labeling a certain mentality that can be associated, historically, with the southern U.S., and is in no way a condemnation of people living in that region.

I'm not especially PC, but I do find Memph's comments highly racist. Don't you? Or is it normal to speak of "stinky, lousy immigrants"? Maybe I'm in the wrong here, sorry.

Sara

It was anything but funny, like the way my country is going to **** because of immigrants. If I'm racist because I love my country, then so be it. I know multi-culturalism does not work. So why bother trying?

Some immigrants have attempted to change rules in my country to suit them. Like the RCMP (Canadian Police) have a dress code, which includes their hats. Those lousy turbine heads wanted not to where the hats.. Some group attempted to enter RCL's without taking off their turbines..

Mamny more rules have been changed to suit immigrants. Like in Toronto, we have a huge Christmas tree. They wanted to call it a "Holiday tree", so not to p!ss anyone off. Screw those that would be upset. It is a CHRISTMAS tree. Even I believe this and I do not believe in god.

Memph

Racism is universal, everybody needs some group to blame for their troubles. It's based on fear. Travel a little, Memph, you'll notice everywhere you go, some group is blaming another group for their country's economic or other problems. We all need someone to blame it on, and immigrants are an easy target.

How 'bout those pesky French Canadians? Used to be they were considered the bane of your country's existence. You still feel that way? They were immigrants... oh, yeah, but I forgot, they're white, so they're not as scary, stinky, different...

Do a google on racism + psychology.

Memph

Alas, there is nothing left for you there. Where will you go? Who will have you?

Originally posted by rollers
Alas, there is nothing left for you there. Where will you go? Who will have you?

Hehehehehe.... Don't come knockin' on our door, Memph, we're surrounded by immigrants over here... say, it just so happens that I am one! An American immigrant... :eek:

obviously memphs comments are racist nonsense*. just pointing out an irony. i am from england and hear people say things like ' i hate the french/germans because they are all racist'. i am sure there's people from the deep south who hate being labelled as racist just because of where they are from.

* and to be honest not worth the effort arguing against. i find it hard to argue with ignorance

Originally posted by jacobxray
obviously memphs comments are racist nonsense*. just pointing out an irony. i am from england and hear people say things like ' i hate the french/germans because they are all racist'. i am sure there's people from the deep south who hate being labelled as racist just because of where they are from.

* and to be honest not worth the effort arguing against. i find it hard to argue with ignorance

You are so right, so right, so right.....

Occasionally I forget to take my cycling gear on the weekend and I have to wear casual gear for the race.
Its physically uncomfortable and very dorky;)

It's supprising the difference appearance makes when the other riders try to size you up.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.