Are you a Cycling Dork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by lou_n
Sorry I thought tie-wraps were universal. Guess I gotta start cycling farther from home.

Picture's worth a thousand words- I found a website with some pix.

Also check out the lower left-hand corner of this web page for the velcro 'cable straps'. I use them everywhere as well, they're a great idea. They wrap around the item, and then lock into themselves. Wonderful stuff.

http://www.buycableties.com/releasable-ties.html

Cheers
Ln

i don't mean this offensively. but i am guessing with your odes to cable ties and there off-spring you are answering YES to the subject question?

Originally posted by jacobxray
you'd have to get the sticky side right or it could end in tears. or you'd end up with an impromptu brazilian waxing.

Oh you're so right, what a bother! Down, boy, down!

Originally posted by less'go
Literally, truly ROFLMAO... unsavoury, indeed.

Say, didn't you mention you're at work? And a fine employee you must be, I'm sure your boss is thrilled to see you applying yourself to your work with such vigor!

You scallywag, you...

luckily i am the boss. but as i have slacked off all afternoon, i may have to give myself a sound thrashing.
now where's that cat-o-nine-tails?

having said that it's home time, so off to ride home. i've only got some regualr sellotape, but willing to give it a try for ride home.

adios amigos

colour coordinated s&m. i appreciate the attention to detail.
when whipping a friend i do like my cat-o-nine-tails to match my gimp suit, otherwise it's all a bit unsavoury.

has this got a bit 'off topic' ?!!?!?!

As long as you mention the word 'cycle' somewhere in your text, it should be considered on-topic.

For example:
I like to tie my partner to the dishwasher, I especially enjoy the rinse CYCLE.

See?

Cheers
Ln

Parting is such sweet sorry... Watch out for the wet duct tape dreams!

Roule ma poule!

luckily i am the boss. but as i have slacked off all afternoon, i may have to give myself a sound thrashing.
now where's that cat-o-nine-tails?

having said that it's home time, so off to ride home. i've only got some regualr sellotape, but willing to give it a try for ride home.

adios amigos

Took a look at those tie-wraps... do they come in human size... or are they only cable-sized? hmmmm...

jacob - have a good ride. I have a good picture of what you must look like now that I read this last post of yours... as long as you're colour coordinated, you can come in any outfit you want, duct taped a la mode!!!

Originally posted by bleachtblond
It's a bit chilly but I still rode. It was only for 40 minutes but hey...better than nothing.:)

Just finished a three day syage @500km. Ups-n-downs but the best was a decent @ between 12&17% for about 8km. What a ride!

Originally posted by Brizza
Riding home can be a problem, walking in the shops isn't.

I find B full of sprinters who like a slow race and a fast finish.
A allows me to work hard during the race and aim/train for bigger and better.

Brian

Thanx for clearing that up. Still, would it not be better to race in "B" an start a quicker break? Leave the slow pace behind? Just a few questions...

Memph

Originally posted by bleachtblond
It's a bit chilly but I still rode. It was only for 40 minutes but hey...better than nothing.:)

You can't call that a ride. That was not even an hour. Sure blame the cold. Wear more clothing. I ride at 4am in weather just above freezing.... :)

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
You can't call that a ride. That was not even an hour. Sure blame the cold. Wear more clothing. I ride at 4am in weather just above freezing.... :)

Memph

Ten minutes is a ride if you love it but why 4:00am? Do you like the dark, the cold and the solitude or is your life such that you are forced into it. Canada can be chilly at that time of day.
Do you know Craft products? They might add something to your am sojourns.

Anybody here actually ride a real bike today? If so, where, how long, how far, and was it good?

Of course I rode my bike today, like everyday. From 4-8am, in the dark mostly with the temperature at 5C. Covered alittle over 100km. I do this so I can chase you all down and drop at will.... :)

Memph

Seecy: you willing to go for an early morning ride????

Originally posted by chow
Ten minutes is a ride if you love it but why 4:00am? Do you like the dark, the cold and the solitude or is your life such that you are forced into it. Canada can be chilly at that time of day.
Do you know Craft products? They might add something to your am sojourns.

10 minutes can not be a ride. Not burning much riding for such a short period.

Yes I enjoy training alone. The bad point about riding this early, no one for me to chase down. I hunt roughly the same time as the Wolf. Just hope they have better luck.

My job, son and life only allows me to ride at that hour. Instead of making lame excuses like, have no time after work, it is too cold, am too weak. I go out and ride. Sure it is cold up here in Canada now, but love riding outside. Really enjoy hunting week-end warriors on the week-ends.....

Memph

Originally posted by Dee
Look, Einstein; if immigrants had never come in and changed your culture, you wouldn't have the things you refer to as your great culture, such as Christmas trees and bicycles. Get it?

So now, all of a sudden, culture shouldn't change anymore? Why? By what decree? Like it or not, culture describes a process of continual evolution.

Just a note: the expression is "couldn't care less"; to say you could care less implies that it would be possible for you to care less than you care now, which means that you now care somewhat about immigrants from a thousand years ago.

I realize that immigrants killed, raped, destroyed my peoples homeland. They also built and made Canada what it has become. But the new wave of rats would like to change Canada even more. Why? Can anyone give me a good reason why they deserve to change my country? Why do we have to be so PC? A Christmas tree is that, RCMP's in dress uniform wear the hat, not a turbine, etc..

Am proud of my views and yet afraid. The most endangered species on the planet is the white male. My poor son has the cards stacked against him......

Memph

Originally posted by Seecyd
Memph/TC

I am a little disturbed by the way you think Memph. You know I understand that you are upset by certain things that take place here in Toronto and in Canada. But, you seem to put the blame on everyone "else".

When groups, majority or minority, move and immigrate to another country, and they are accepted, they usually begin melting into that society, keeping their traditions alive but in the privacy of their own homes. When they arrive and are immediately "shot down", they tend to go looking for others like them and thus the little "villages" are created. They feel safer within their litle societies and know that if they need help they will get it there.

I, for one, am a 1st generation immigrant. I only became a Canadian at the age of 18. And, am still a French National. I will always be. For 6 years I was a landed immigrant, and I was accepted and respected. Why? Because I looked white. Because I spoke 2 languages. Because I had superior education at my young age in comparison to others my age. But, what if I had had a little bit of a different look?

Yes, I look white but am of mixed race. Specifically, [white] Norwegian/Northern French, [hispanic] Portuguese, and [asian] Chinese.

I grew up in many other [non-white] countries, and was accepted much much more than in one of the [very white -- will not say the country's name so as not to offend anyone] countries I lived in for 2 years. That "very white" society had many many faults, the people were wonderful but not very accepting... why? Because of ignorance and fear?

Now there are certainly numerous behaviours, thought patterns, and "way of life" factors that are different from yours. I can understand that you don't like them regardless of their race...fine. And you could even "hate" some of your fellow non-immigrant 100% canadians... just go to Keswick and you might just find some of them. [no offence to Keswickians because some of my friends live there ROFL].

Violence happens because people take things personally and hang on to beliefs that they think are right. The clashes happen when two groups of different thoughts have to learn to live with each other and don't want to because they are stubborn. Multi-ethnicity does not necessarily lend itself solely to that conclusion. You see this in many majoritively "white" societies too. Ireland comes to mind.

Plus, I have seen quite a few non-immigrant Canadians who sit on their a$$e$, live off welfare, stink, and who generally also have a very low-standard level of life.

As I said before, what you give out, you get back. If you're going to gripe and gripe about this forever on, that is all you're ever going to see.

Why don't you think about what you can do to help all this instead of clinging on to your negative, self-serving, close-minded views.

Sorry, but this kind of negative pattern of thinking is totally unprogressive and downright destructive.

How about being a little more proactive and progressive?

CC

Thanx for your point of view. I understand where you are coming from. But multiculturalism does not work. It is a big word to nice to make ppl understand that different cultures can get alone. Sure they can if they lose some of their culture and form one united culture (Canada). But most refuse to lose their original homeland culture. It is like putting different species of animals in an over crowded cage. Then not putting enough food in the cage. Fighting shall occur. I would rather be a racist then an immigrant...

Memph

Anybody here actually ride a real bike today? If so, where, how long, how far, and was it good?

I did. Hill repeats. I got in 5 lung searing, leg burning efforts before the temperature dropped 20 degrees (F), the thunder started to rumble, and the rains came.

Looks like I missed about 5 pages of posts on this forum in the process. Get out and ride!

Originally posted by BugMan
I'm just dying to see how many races you actually win - unless you stick with the dork, citizen, newbie, field-of-5, special olympics, father-time category. That'll really be something to brag about!

Okay - I'm sorry - I don't mean to be mean! It's just that I hope you don't seriously believe that wearing a camelback in a road race will give you some tactical advantage that the roadies have managed not to discover! Instead, I hope your schtick is more about irreverence and having a good laugh about it - like the anthropology class assignment I had in college where I was supposed to dress totally out-of-character for a day and then observe the reactions of everyone around me.

This has to be one of the funniest posts I've read in awhile.....

Memph

i have proved my ignorance and feel ashamed.

i am off to an adolf ****** fancy dress ball later and have no moustache, think the amazing power of duct tape could save the day again! :)

I usually only dress like him on April 20th....

Memph

beady eyes, head so full of lies. :)

thankyou for bryan adams, alanais morissette, nickelback etc... do i need to go on. hopefully the immigrants will destroy canadian 'culture' before you inflict more of your musical genius on the world.

Two of the top female SUPERSTARS are Canadian, Shania Twain (in your country music area), and Celine Dion. What about other artists such as Rush, Guess Who, Neil Young, etc. Not to mention actors and some of the hottest women in the movies.... :)

Memph

10 minutes can not be a ride. Not burning much riding for such a short period.

Yes I enjoy training alone. The bad point about riding this early, no one for me to chase down. I hunt roughly the same time as the Wolf. Just hope they have better luck.

My job, son and life only allows me to ride at that hour. Instead of making lame excuses like, have no time after work, it is too cold, am too weak. I go out and ride. Sure it is cold up here in Canada now, but love riding outside. Really enjoy hunting week-end warriors on the week-ends.....

Memph
It is nice to hunt alone. Down here where there is a mix of yuppies on $7000 machines and Levi Liepheimer, except for Levi of course, hunting is more like trap shootong unless one lucks out. I like to blow out younger riders rather than older. It feels good to take out those who wear club colors and ride in foursome lines with not quite enough audacity to tail at 6-8 inches. They look great going the other way but when they're ahead, too often their team effort seems flawed by 18mph.
Yeah, it's good.
Someday I'll tell you about me-n-the wolves on Isle Royal - was a wonderful time till distemper was brought in by yahoos with boats. Wolves in a preserve lose something of their wolfness.
hunt well!

But the new wave of rats would like to change Canada even more. Why?

For the same reasons the old waves of rats, including yours, wanted to change things; in their perception it needs changing.

Can anyone give me a good reason why they deserve to change my country?

Anyone with the right clout "deserves" the right to make changes; that's the way governments work. You might personally feel that these or those particular immigrants don't morally deserve the right, but the rights will be conferred upon whomever is under the umbrella of political clout. Memphmann is not the Arbitor of All Who Are Deserving; society determines that at any point in time.

Why do we have to be so PC?

Well, obviously we don't HAVE to be PC. If our personal experience dictates differently, we will come to different conclusions and will disagree with the political majority. In my country (U.S.) and yours, we are free to express this disagreement to a limited extent, and, in this way, sometimes the minority view can then become the PC view. We like PC when it agrees with us and dislike it when it doesn't, aye?

Am proud of my views and yet afraid. The most endangered species on the planet is the white male. My poor son has the cards stacked against him......

A white male living in Canada; one cannot help but feel sorry for someone living under such a burden. Perhaps you could tie a turban on his head so he won't have to suffer so much. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.