Are you a Cycling Dork?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Feb 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacobxray

jacobxray New Member

i don't mean this offensively. but i am guessing with your odes to cable ties and there off-spring you are answering YES to the subject question?

2. less'go

less'go New Member

Oh you're so right, what a bother! Down, boy, down!

3. jacobxray

jacobxray New Member

luckily i am the boss. but as i have slacked off all afternoon, i may have to give myself a sound thrashing.
    now where's that cat-o-nine-tails?

having said that it's home time, so off to ride home. i've only got some regualr sellotape, but willing to give it a try for ride home.

adios amigos

4. lou_n

lou_n New Member

As long as you mention the word 'cycle' somewhere in your text, it should be considered on-topic.

For example:
    I like to tie my partner to the dishwasher, I especially enjoy the rinse CYCLE.

See?

Cheers
    Ln

5. less'go

less'go New Member

Parting is such sweet sorry... Watch out for the wet duct tape dreams!

Roule ma poule!

6. Seecyd

Seecyd New Member

Took a look at those tie-wraps... do they come in human size... or are they only cable-sized? hmmmm...

jacob - have a good ride. I have a good picture of what you must look like now that I read this last post of yours... as long as you're colour coordinated, you can come in any outfit you want, duct taped a la mode!!!

7. chow

chow New Member

Just finished a three day syage @500km. Ups-n-downs but the best was a decent @ between 12&17% for about 8km. What a ride!

8. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

Thanx for clearing that up. Still, would it not be better to race in "B" an start a quicker break? Leave the slow pace behind? Just a few questions...

Memph

9. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

You can't call that a ride. That was not even an hour. Sure blame the cold. Wear more clothing. I ride at 4am in weather just above freezing.... :)

Memph

10. chow

chow New Member

Ten minutes is a ride if you love it but why 4:00am? Do you like the dark, the cold and the solitude or is your life such that you are forced into it. Canada can be chilly at that time of day.
    Do you know Craft products? They might add something to your am sojourns.

11. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

Of course I rode my bike today, like everyday. From 4-8am, in the dark mostly with the temperature at 5C. Covered alittle over 100km. I do this so I can chase you all down and drop at will.... :)

Memph

Seecy: you willing to go for an early morning ride????

12. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

10 minutes can not be a ride. Not burning much riding for such a short period.

Yes I enjoy training alone. The bad point about riding this early, no one for me to chase down. I hunt roughly the same time as the Wolf. Just hope they have better luck.

My job, son and life only allows me to ride at that hour. Instead of making lame excuses like, have no time after work, it is too cold, am too weak. I go out and ride. Sure it is cold up here in Canada now, but love riding outside. Really enjoy hunting week-end warriors on the week-ends.....

Memph

13. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

I realize that immigrants killed, raped, destroyed my peoples homeland. They also built and made Canada what it has become. But the new wave of rats would like to change Canada even more. Why? Can anyone give me a good reason why they deserve to change my country? Why do we have to be so PC? A Christmas tree is that, RCMP's in dress uniform wear the hat, not a turbine, etc..

Am proud of my views and yet afraid. The most endangered species on the planet is the white male. My poor son has the cards stacked against him......

Memph

14. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

Thanx for your point of view. I understand where you are coming from. But multiculturalism does not work. It is a big word to nice to make ppl understand that different cultures can get alone. Sure they can if they lose some of their culture and form one united culture (Canada). But most refuse to lose their original homeland culture. It is like putting different species of animals in an over crowded cage. Then not putting enough food in the cage. Fighting shall occur. I would rather be a racist then an immigrant...

Memph

15. rollers

rollers New Member

I did. Hill repeats. I got in 5 lung searing, leg burning efforts before the temperature dropped 20 degrees (F), the thunder started to rumble, and the rains came.

Looks like I missed about 5 pages of posts on this forum in the process. Get out and ride!

16. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

This has to be one of the funniest posts I've read in awhile.....

Memph

17. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

I usually only dress like him on April 20th....

Memph

18. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

Two of the top female SUPERSTARS are Canadian, Shania Twain (in your country music area), and Celine Dion. What about other artists such as Rush, Guess Who, Neil Young, etc. Not to mention actors and some of the hottest women in the movies.... :)

Memph

19. chow

chow New Member

It is nice to hunt alone. Down here where there is a mix of yuppies on $7000 machines and Levi Liepheimer, except for Levi of course, hunting is more like trap shootong unless one lucks out. I like to blow out younger riders rather than older. It feels good to take out those who wear club colors and ride in foursome lines with not quite enough audacity to tail at 6-8 inches. They look great going the other way but when they're ahead, too often their team effort seems flawed by 18mph.
    Yeah, it's good.
    Someday I'll tell you about me-n-the wolves on Isle Royal - was a wonderful time till distemper was brought in by yahoos with boats. Wolves in a preserve lose something of their wolfness.
    hunt well!

20. Dee

Dee New Member

For the same reasons the old waves of rats, including yours, wanted to change things; in their perception it needs changing.

Anyone with the right clout "deserves" the right to make changes; that's the way governments work. You might personally feel that these or those particular immigrants don't morally deserve the right, but the rights will be conferred upon whomever is under the umbrella of political clout. Memphmann is not the Arbitor of All Who Are Deserving; society determines that at any point in time.

Well, obviously we don't HAVE to be PC. If our personal experience dictates differently, we will come to different conclusions and will disagree with the political majority. In my country (U.S.) and yours, we are free to express this disagreement to a limited extent, and, in this way, sometimes the minority view can then become the PC view. We like PC when it agrees with us and dislike it when it doesn't, aye?

A white male living in Canada; one cannot help but feel sorry for someone living under such a burden. Perhaps you could tie a turban on his head so he won't have to suffer so much. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.