Are you a Cycling Dork?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Feb 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

I don't read the paper when I ride the recumbant, I put headphones on. Here's my day today. I got up at 5 am. I washed laundry, cooked supper for my daughter, left the house at 6 Cleaned a docs office. I got back here at 11 am. Then I checked the lead boxes at 5 locations. Came back home and showered, then went to work. It is now 11: 30 PM. I am also a single Mom and sole provider. No husband to help. I have a teen in high school and college. I have recently gotten my triathlete boyfriend back. He lives 45 miles from me. After work on Saturday I drove back to his house and went hiking and camping with him.(my feet are killing me lol) I got up and went to work at the train station Sunday morning. Drive time to his house is not quick! Then I had to go to the train. Drive time 1 hour ten minutes mins each way,(not including to Richards) just to the train! Then the work itself!I wish there were 48 hours in a day. On top of that, I also have two houses I clean for elderly ladies (volunteer work). My house is a mess because I just didn't have time to nor the inclination to clean it. I am tired! Let's not forget that I work at the train station on Saturday AND Sunday. Up until about a month 1/2 ago I had more time to ride.:( My life has gotten so hectic! So, when during this day could I have ridden? Only at work on the recumbant.:( Like I said...better than nothing. Good to chat web missed ya 2!:)

2. chow

chow New Member

So what do you do when it's really winter? Here in central Calif it is never winter but, on occasion too much rain. Same at my rinky dink place in France. Never really your kind of winter but the wet stinks - especially in France where my hot water system is as sporadic as G>W> Bush's mind.
    Again, check out Craft.com. incredibly effective winter stuff and not dorky at all.

3. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

We shall not see temperatures that high for a long while. The only good thing about this cold weather, is it seperates the die-hards from the posers. Guess their expensive bikes are afraid of the cold. Most are fat enough to stay warmer then me.....

Memph

4. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

There is always time to ride if you want. Could of skipped the camping/hiking trip. No think with your lower part. Do not have to work as much. Find a better paying job, so you can work less hours. I skip out on OT, or have missed days in order to get in a great ride. Wake up at 4am and ride in the dark. Just a matter of how bad you desire to ride. Oh ya, I also have a son.......

Memph

5. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

Depends on which part of Canada you live in. Back home in British Columbia, the temps hardly fell much colder then -10C, plus the roads where plowed well. Actually rode over 500 continuous days while out there.

Here in Toronto, the temps can get nasty cold. Well below -20C with bitter wind chills. I'll ride outside as long as possible, then use my wind trainer. There is an indoor riding spot aout 1/2 hour from me. Might check that out........

Memph

6. zaskar

zaskar New Member

i live in tucson, for the last 3 yrs i was riding xc
    felt like a change got a new rd bike been riding
    street for 3 months, riding street i can ride alot
    longer takes time to drive to trails. i see your
    in az are you gonna ride the (el tour de tucson)
    next month? have you ever?

7. jacobxray

jacobxray New Member

as i've already said to less'go, it's stating the bleedin' obvious, but WE are all posting on an internet cycling forum. therefore we are all cycling dorks.:)

8. Chesapeake Boy

Chesapeake Boy New Member

Here is another one... riding without a helmet!

Which makes most pro riders that ride the Tour dorks!

9. less'go

less'go New Member

Must agree, if we weren't nerds, we'd have something better to do!

10. Dee

Dee New Member

If I ever see one, I intend to say hello. ;)

11. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

My post count is higher then most. Does that make me a dork on a higher level????

Memph

12. rollers

rollers New Member

This makes me think of the woman I saw out for a ride around her neighborhood today. She was perched atop a mtb which from the looks of it must have been missing it's seatpost binder bolt. Her cadence was well south of 20, and her helmet was positioned far enough back on her head it did more to protect the nape of her neck [and her hair-do] than it did her head.

13. Dee

Dee New Member

At least she was out there bicycling.

14. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

I wasn't talking to you...dont talk to me anymore. I wrote to web not you. Do me a favor don't reply to me and i will do you the same courtesy.

15. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

You have a point. I think she was riding because it is easier then walking. She wa wearing no helmet, just a large person on a straining bike....

Memph

16. Dee

Dee New Member

Hats off to you, blondie; that's one tough schedule. Makes me tired just to read it! How on earth do you have the energy to do all that? Makes a measly bike ride like mine seem like peanuts. What's your secret?

17. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

Of course you are repling to me. I was the one that brought up this topic. So any replies on this topic are aimed a me.

You can not ignore or not reply to me. I'm like a bad rash that you can't itch......

Memph

18. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

Thank you Dee. I truly do appreciate your courtesy. My secret is simple. Just do it... After that car wreck, I had to start over. I should have died but I didn't, so I assume I am here for a reason. I have to do what I need to do to survive. I don't make a lot of money but I like my jobs! That's a thnig we don't hear much. More important to me is to be happy , then to be rich. I have a great daughter and a dear sweet boyfriend. I am blessed...:)

19. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

I said don't talk to me

20. jacobxray

jacobxray New Member

bleachtblond, we salute you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.