Are you a Cycling Dork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Memphmann
Why would I? All those men alone together? All that fatty food? Wrapping duck with pig, gaining weight just thinking about that. No wonder you have to ride....

Memph

Yep gained .5 pound.... a guy needs that fat when yo uare sitting in the rain from 5 am until noon in the rain in 40 degree temps.... saw lots of birds, but not many worked... Still had fun.

Originally posted by bleachtblond
We have all, at one time or another, during the course of our lifetime, been considered a dork. Remember when our teeth were falling out, to be replaced by permanent ones? That's pretty dorky (but cute) looking. Since we all have gotten permanent teeth, we've all looked dorky. What has happened to this thread is, it has evolved into talking about dorky looks, amongst other interesting topics. That's what makes this thread so intriguiging. If all everyone ever talked about was dork attire, it would soon become quite dull. After all, how many dork outfits are there? By the way, have you seen any amusing dork attire on anyone lately?:)

Originally posted by Chesapeake Boy
Yep gained .5 pound.... a guy needs that fat when yo uare sitting in the rain from 5 am until noon in the rain in 40 degree temps.... saw lots of birds, but not many worked... Still had fun.

Why would you need it if you are just sitting. Layer on more clothing. Could understand if you were cycling in it like I was on Saturday.

Interesting true fact. There was a marathon up here and some guy ran it in 5hrs 40 mins. So what, you might ask. Well, this dude was 93 years old. That is hardcore.......

Memph

Never use subjects in my sentences. Don't need 'em. Should try it - might like it. Could understand if you're a grammer teacher.

True story. Turned in a paper without subjects. Didn't fly. Got an F. Didn't teach me anything.

Originally posted by BugMan
True story. Turned in a paper without subjects. Didn't fly. Got an F. Didn't teach me anything.

hard to believe.
must be true though. saw it on the internet.

I just can't resist -- I have always heard that a big dork was a good thing. That is the original meaning of the word, isn't it?

I had to buy sweatpants at the college bookstore because I'd spilled something on what I wore to ride into work and forgot I'd taken all my clothes home... they are a bit big so I had to roll up the leg on the chain side. The shorts would have been even dorkier, though.

Originally posted by Memphmann
Why would you need it if you are just sitting. Layer on more clothing. Could understand if you were cycling in it like I was on Saturday.

Interesting true fact. There was a marathon up here and some guy ran it in 5hrs 40 mins. So what, you might ask. Well, this dude was 93 years old. That is hardcore.......

93? WOW! I want to be just like him when I am 93. You are only as old as you feel...

Originally posted by bleachtblond
According to the dictionary, a dork is etymology:perhaps, alteration of ****. See also nerd and jerk. HA! LOL! lmao

ok bleachtblond...thankyou

Originally posted by Hassaan
" What is a dork by the way?"

Hassaan,

Well, a dork is maybe someone who tries to be cool, but just isn't... you know, there are those people who always have it all right, the look, the style, the att-i-tude? Well the dork is trying but it just doesn't quite work. But, after all, we're all dorks in our own way. At least I aspire to be closer to the dorky than to the ultimately cool.
I should also mention that dork is a word most often used by children and adolescents, so I I think that posters who use it here are using it tongue-in-cheek, as they say.
Hope that helps!

Find any riding partners in Pakistan yet?

Sara

Originally posted by less'go
Hassaan,

Well, a dork is maybe someone who tries to be cool, but just isn't... you know, there are those people who always have it all right, the look, the style, the att-i-tude? Well the dork is trying but it just doesn't quite work. But, after all, we're all dorks in our own way. At least I aspire to be closer to the dorky than to the ultimately cool.
I should also mention that dork is a word most often used by children and adolescents, so I I think that posters who use it here are using it tongue-in-cheek, as they say.
Hope that helps!

Find any riding partners in Pakistan yet?

Sara

Well, thankyou Sara, for explaining :)
The word "dork" is slang i think, since i did not find it in the dictionary (Amer Herit), so i had to ask. Anyway...

Oh...I am still looking for a partner to do cycling with. It becomes very boring sometimes doing cycling alone. I have got two kid partners in my neighbourhood. But they are tired very soon. Here in Pakistan, very few people like cycling as a hobby. Only kids do or those who can't afford anyother transport :)
Where as cycling is one of the healthiest activities, i love it.

Is it really that bad to wear a camelback? I ride for at least 2-3 hours a day and there are very few restaurants/establishments along the way that you could stop to re-fill. I think I would look like a bigger dork walking into a nice establishment to get H2O. I guess I could pack 5 water bottles in my jersey, but I think the camelback would be more comfortable.

Take it from a girl..... a man who shaves his legs is very sexy! Especially when he has the legs of a cyclist!

Originally posted by cycle_austin
Take it from a girl..... a man who shaves his legs is very sexy! Especially when he has the legs of a cyclist!

allow me to be the first to ask you for your number...

OK I have the shaving part all done. Now I need a tan and 10,000 miles... I'll be right back.

Originally posted by rollers
allow me to be the first to ask you for your number...

OK I have the shaving part all done. Now I need a tan and 10,000 miles... I'll be right back.

Okay.... most all men have nice legs. If you are able to get on a bike and you can ride more than 10-15 miles a day (if you had to) chances are your legs qualify! The tan part is optional =+) !

Okay.... most all men have nice legs. If you are able to get on a bike and you can ride more than 10-15 miles a day (if you had to) chances are your legs qualify! The tan part is optional =+) !

be still my beating heart.....

I think I just hit a new MaxHR sitting here at my desk. So this is what it feels like above the LT! Wow!

:)

Originally posted by rollers
be still my beating heart.....

I think I just hit a new MaxHR sitting here at my desk. So this is what it feels like above the LT! Wow!

:)

Hey kids, I recently flew Delta direct St. Louis - Austin, nice flight ! I hear they'll even let you box and ship your bike in baggage! ;)

Originally posted by Hassaan
Well, thankyou Sara, for explaining :)
The word "dork" is slang i think, since i did not find it in the dictionary (Amer Herit), so i had to ask. Anyway...

Oh...I am still looking for a partner to do cycling with. It becomes very boring sometimes doing cycling alone. I have got two kid partners in my neighbourhood. But they are tired very soon. Here in Pakistan, very few people like cycling as a hobby. Only kids do or those who can't afford anyother transport :)
Where as cycling is one of the healthiest activities, i love it.

Who cares if you cycle alone. I ride 20 -25 hours a week alone. It has to be done. Then again, hard to chat when cycling at 75% of max HR........

Memph

Is it really that bad to wear a camelback? I ride for at least 2-3 hours a day and there are very few restaurants/establishments along the way that you could stop to re-fill. I think I would look like a bigger dork walking into a nice establishment to get H2O. I guess I could pack 5 water bottles in my jersey, but I think the camelback would be more comfortable.

You took the words out of my mouth. Anyone can shave, but have the legs to show why not shave. Fat middle aged guys on bikes should never shave. Just get out of my way...

Memph

Status
Not open for further replies.