Are you a Cycling Dork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by chow
It is nice to hunt alone. Down here where there is a mix of yuppies on $7000 machines and Levi Liepheimer, except for Levi of course, hunting is more like trap shootong unless one lucks out. I like to blow out younger riders rather than older. It feels good to take out those who wear club colors and ride in foursome lines with not quite enough audacity to tail at 6-8 inches. They look great going the other way but when they're ahead, too often their team effort seems flawed by 18mph.
Yeah, it's good.
Someday I'll tell you about me-n-the wolves on Isle Royal - was a wonderful time till distemper was brought in by yahoos with boats. Wolves in a preserve lose something of their wolfness.
hunt well!

Makes me feel great everytime another rider is chased down, young, old, male, female, doesn't matter. Just another meal for me. I am attempting a mini comeback this spring. I use these meals as a guide. The better meals are those on expensive bikes..... :)

I noticed less prey lately in my territory...

Memph

When I ride by you, you dream of being me, then realize that you can't..

Originally posted by Dee
For the same reasons the old waves of rats, including yours, wanted to change things; in their perception it needs changing.

Anyone with the right clout "deserves" the right to make changes; that's the way governments work. You might personally feel that these or those particular immigrants don't morally deserve the right, but the rights will be conferred upon whomever is under the umbrella of political clout. Memphmann is not the Arbitor of All Who Are Deserving; society determines that at any point in time.

Well, obviously we don't HAVE to be PC. If our personal experience dictates differently, we will come to different conclusions and will disagree with the political majority. In my country (U.S.) and yours, we are free to express this disagreement to a limited extent, and, in this way, sometimes the minority view can then become the PC view. We like PC when it agrees with us and dislike it when it doesn't, aye?

A white male living in Canada; one cannot help but feel sorry for someone living under such a burden. Perhaps you could tie a turban on his head so he won't have to suffer so much. ;)

Money controls all governments decisions.

I was thinking of moving to another country and using the special rights immigrants get on myself as I shall be an immigrant. Then I realized that I would hate myself, plus I love Canada too much.....

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
Makes me feel great everytime another rider is chased down, young, old, male, female, doesn't matter. Just another meal for me. I am attempting a mini comeback this spring. I use these meals as a guide. The better meals are those on expensive bikes..... :)

I noticed less prey lately in my territory...

Memph

When I ride by you, you dream of being me, then realize that you can't..

You have to wise though. A comeback can be a backfire if too many are munched in the process. Remember the last line from Dylan's "Positively Fourth Street". Even today it still rings its bell.
mange bien!

Money controls all governments decisions.

Sure, it's very important, but, remember, public opinion controls where the money goes. It is becoming more and more PC to favor bicycle routes and lanes as transportation alternatives, so money is being allocated for such where it never used to be. We are beginning to see bike routes and greenways even in MY community, which is amazing and a very welcome change.

You can't call that a ride. That was not even an hour. Sure blame the cold. Wear more clothing. I ride at 4am in weather just above freezing.... :)

Memph
being as I work 60 hours per week, since I am now manager at the gym, I haven't been riding outdoors much. Does riding the recumbant at the gym every night for over an hour count?:rolleyes:

Two of the top female SUPERSTARS are Canadian, Shania Twain (in your country music area), and Celine Dion. . :)

Memph

hoisted by your own petard.

weirdly i saw celine dion in the street lin london last week. she was looking really sad. i went up to her and said 'hey, celine, why the long face?"

ber-dum-pum-cher (sound of drum, snare and cymbal)

Tough audience (Says Dangerfield as he pulls on his collar).

I'm off for a ride, riding up to the pool which is at the top of some very steep climbs, will do a brief sauna, and a few laps (no work today, hourrah!) and when I get back, I expect this thread to be up and kicking again, full of clever posts laden with tawdry inuendos.

Cheers,
Sara

Originally posted by less'go
and when I get back, I expect this thread to be up and kicking again, full of clever posts laden with tawdry inuendos.

we'll do our best. but some people here just want to talk about cycling!?!
experimented with duct tape last night. might have over done it though, too chicken to pull it off though so am still wearing it. it looks kind of cyber-punk, but not sure i can get away with that at my age. looks like i will be spending the weekend dressed as an extra from barbarella.
no change there then

Originally posted by bleachtblond
being as I work 60 hours per week, since I am now manager at the gym, I haven't been riding outdoors much. Does riding the recumbant at the gym every night for over an hour count?:rolleyes:

I don't know, how many races occur inside on a recumbant? Of course it does not count. Look yet another excuse, work 60 hours per week. So what? Still leaves you 108 hours to ride outside!!

Memph

Originally posted by chow
You have to wise though. A comeback can be a backfire if too many are munched in the process. Remember the last line from Dylan's "Positively Fourth Street". Even today it still rings its bell.
mange bien!

How can it backfire. If anything it might pop my huge ego. Which I do not see happening. Just enjoy riding and would like to take it to next level again....

Memph

Originally posted by Dee
Sure, it's very important, but, remember, public opinion controls where the money goes. It is becoming more and more PC to favor bicycle routes and lanes as transportation alternatives, so money is being allocated for such where it never used to be. We are beginning to see bike routes and greenways even in MY community, which is amazing and a very welcome change.
Maybe that is how it works in your country, but not mine. The government spends money on what-ever they like....

Memph

Originally posted by jacobxray
we'll do our best. but some people here just want to talk about cycling!?!

The nerve, I can't imagine why... well, then, they'll just have to start a new thread for that then.

Had a nice little ride, scant 13 k but I took the hard way going (up, up, up) and thought my legs would fall off before the end of my climb.

But, to my great pleasure, not only did they not fall off (duct tape may have played a role there), but for the first time, I did the course not only sitting down, but without stopping. I almost looked passably sporty, and was cheered on by a group of youngsters as I neared the top. Very inspiring!

So, looking a tad like Barbarella, are we? I'll have to think of a clever comeback for that one.... give me a while here, or better yet, can we have a photo?

Talley-ho, or whatever it is you say over there.

Sara

Talley-ho, or whatever it is you say over there.

Sara

just got back from a lousy spinning . it was more like a dance class, up down back front smile etc. everybody say yoh! i looked good though in silver duct tape body suit (boy it's going to hurt when i take it off, yikes)

prefer it when they just say 'sprint like you being chased by racist canadians mother f**kers!"

The most endangered species on the planet is the white male. My poor son has the cards stacked against him......

Memph

Here it is all, pay close attention. Previously this individual has touted his native indian heritage and how white immigrants detroyed everything (which I can't disagree with the terrible things that white settlers did) but look at his above quote. It reads to me that he doesn't claim the indian heritage for his son... of course his son may not be biological... It is quite amusing how the wind blows...

On a cycling note. Can someone please provide me with 2 things. The original intent of the bicycle.....was it easy economical transportation, or was it racing. Secondly, accordign to the internationl cycling handbook, what is the official time requirement for the time one is on a bicycle for it to officially fall into the classification of a "ride"

Oh, my, Jacob, when I said duct tape was good for attaching pantlegs, I didn't mean to imply that it could replace actual articles of clothing.

I do fear that you're going to lose a good deal of body hair taking it off, but then again they say the Brazilian is IN this year for men, too. Much cheaper this way than going to the salon, so I guess it won't be all bad.

What exactly IS spinning class? You just go and ride a stationary bike while a gym nazi (sorry bleach't, just a term!) in spandex shouts at you over really loud techno music? Sounds fun. No, really.

Well then, "sprint like you being chased by racist canadians mother f**kers!" as you say in jolly old England!

Originally posted by less'go
What exactly IS spinning class? You just go and ride a stationary bike while a gym nazi (sorry bleach't, just a term!) in spandex shouts at you over really loud techno music? Sounds fun. No, really.

it does sound a bit rubbish doesn't it. i only do it when i am injured and the weathers horrible, honest.

on a plus point i hear that having no body hair is the only way to be taken seriously when out cycling these days.

Originally posted by Chesapeake Boy
Here it is all, pay close attention. Previously this individual has touted his native indian heritage and how white immigrants detroyed everything (which I can't disagree with the terrible things that white settlers did) but look at his above quote. It reads to me that he doesn't claim the indian heritage for his son... of course his son may not be biological... It is quite amusing how the wind blows..."

Now, careful, CB, you're dangerously close to taking the bait... Are you feeling a bit feisty today? I know that feeling. But you must resist, be strong, don't do it...

"On a cycling note. Can someone please provide me with 2 things. The original intent of the bicycle.....was it easy economical transportation, or was it racing. Secondly, accordign to the internationl cycling handbook, what is the official time requirement for the time one is on a bicycle for it to officially fall into the classification of a "ride"

Now For the bicycle, I believe it was invented by a native North American Canadian who raced over the icy plains. But then it was stolen and exploited by asians -- esp. the Chinese -- who abusively took to using the bike as a vehicle to transport things quickly, cheaply, silently, and without polluting.

What scares me most is that some groups of people, which certain renowned scholars refer to as "turbine heads" may attempt to not only enter Canada, but also ride bicycles there, thereby changing the face of Canadian history as we know it, forever.

Sends chills up your spine, doesn't it?

S

P.S. Someone else will have to tell us what a ride is...

I don't know about the men with shaved legs thing, I have serious reservations here. Can't say I've ever gotten really close to one, but I've always kind of like hairy men. Too smooth and they either remind me of boys, or, well, not very masculine men.

But perhaps I simply lack experience!

Again, "sprint like you being chased by racist canadians mother f**kers!".

S

Secondly, accordiing to the international cycling handbook, what is the official time requirement for the time one is on a bicycle for it to officially fall into the classification of a "ride"

officially a ride involves lycra clothing otherwise it's just pretend. it's not really the length*, it's how tight your shorts are

*of ride, obviously

You cheeky Brits, I haven't laughed so much in ages (I know, I should get out more!).

Status
Not open for further replies.