Are you a Cycling Dork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by chow
The tail of this verbal repartee has done it. It has fully defined DORK. Damn, at a certain point even vulgarity and pure phillistinism becomes something of a pure bore. When you cut, cut with elegance. Graceful denigaration is so much more attractive than f@#ing dialogue that imparts nothing but plain sh#t. Don't abuse good vulgarity you'all(not all, but many).
Duct tape silver, my ass. Lycra wrapping anything but fine legs, my ass. Which is not too bad even if it's only me saying it.
Tape up, nylon up, get at @ 4:00am and follow M. Injun or not, he's really a good fellow. It's just the Canada thing (where at least some folks are bi-lingual - Oui?). Short days, long summer nights that glow till 11 PM. The Paris lady knows those nights.
Mid west USA? Duck the tornado! Spinning on a machine, Yoiks!
How drole (and not the French drole)
Sounding absurd? Read over the string or whatever it's called.
If ya can't cut well, don't cut.
Keep hunting memph!

Wow, Chow, I'm not sure I understand your post. Whose vulgarity is bothering you?

Sara

Originally posted by less'go
Paris est plein, plein plein de côtes, de grosses montées bien raides... J'habite en bas d'une colline, et la montée doit faire 4 kilmetres si on l'attaque tout droit. Moi j'ai fait un peu le tour par des petites routes, alors j'ai dû en fair 6-7 km en grimpant. Le reste c'était le retour!

Ciao Chow!

P.S. Tu es au Canada?

pas Canada - entre Sebastopol, Calif et Creys (est de Lyon), au moment, californie.
the commentary about Dk's either went the wrong way or something. It refers to lots of nasty stuff between Memphman and the rest of the world.
French conversation drives some of the folks nuts; continue!

See ya Sara! (best I can do compared to ciao)

Translation: Paris is full of hills, nice steep climbs, I live at the bottom of a big hill, if you go straight up it's about 4 km, so I go the winding way and it's about 6-7. The rest was the return ride!

Originally posted by bleachtblond
being as I work 60 hours per week, since I am now manager at the gym, I haven't been riding outdoors much. Does riding the recumbant at the gym every night for over an hour count?:rolleyes:
come on now. I am managing a health club currently and my wife works at one. I actually am pool director/ front desk manager, and I have to say. Riding the newspaper reading recumbant, while sitting back watching the tube is not a ride. I watch folks on them all day and they may burn 5 calories if the newspaper is heavy. Know what you mean about the 60 plus crab. We both do it, we get our ride time to and the long way home from work. Good to talk bb. missed ya.

Originally posted by bleachtblond
being as I work 60 hours per week, since I am now manager at the gym, I haven't been riding outdoors much. Does riding the recumbant at the gym every night for over an hour count?:rolleyes:
come on now. I am managing a health club currently and my wife works at one. I actually am pool director/ front desk manager, and I have to say. Riding the newspaper reading recumbant, while sitting back watching the tube is not a ride. I watch folks on them all day and they may burn 5 calories if the newspaper is heavy. Know what you mean about the 60 plus ****. We both do it, we get our ride time to and the long way home from work. Good to talk bb. missed ya.

This is off-topic............
I am new here.......but not new to WWW forums.
Does this forum have a moderator that can lock a thread, give a warning, and ban -> namely Memph.
This thread should've been locked after page 4.
Memph is so out of control because he has not recieved warnings or threats to ban.
This thread is no longer on topic and is a black eye to this forum which to this point has been full of helpful topic/people.
Pages 5-50+ should've been taken up in Private Message.

Look everyone- Memph's type is an attention *****, troll, and badass behind a keyboard. Every forum has one- no forum needs one. Responding to his off-topic/insulting comments only feed his ego- this is a game for him- a test of his wit, intelligence, and vocabulary.
Basically he is a L-O-S-E-R that owns and rides a bike and likes to spend a little part of his day logging on and making an ass of himself. Realize him for what he is- be better than that. Report any of his replies which are off-topic/insulting to a moderator- take this as a wake up call- GROW UP you act like a 3rd grader.
(We share birthdays and you have 2 years on me- but you wouldn't know it.)
If you plan on responding- to me or anyone else with something off-topic- take it up in PM.

thank you- see y'all on the boards!

Originally posted by hybridhybrid
Does this forum have a moderator that can lock a thread, give a warning, and ban -> namely Memph.
Memph is so out of control because he has not recieved warnings or threats to ban.
This thread is no longer on topic and is a black eye to this forum which to this point has been full of helpful topic/people.

Look everyone- Memph's type is an attention *****, troll, and badass behind a keyboard. Every forum has one- no forum needs one. Responding to his off-topic/insulting comments only feed his ego- this is a game for him- a test of his wit, intelligence, and vocabulary.
Basically he is a L-O-S-E-R that owns and rides a bike and likes to spend a little part of his day logging on and making an ass of himself. Realize him for what he is- be better than that. Report any of his replies which are off-topic/insulting to a moderator- take this as a wake up call- GROW UP you act like a 3rd grader.
If you plan on responding- to me or anyone else with something off-topic- take it up in PM.

Now look, we have a new god of this forum. Who sets the rules.

No you has to repond to my posts or read them. There are other threads on this site. But most can not stop reading my next posts. Can't wait to see what next comes onto their screen. Ten egg me on even more. Or voice their opinions. The internet is a free place to voice yourself. I write about what most ppl think, but dare not type. The truth shall set you free and I am free.

Now that you know what this tread contains, you are free not to click on this link. Free not to read my posts. Yet you shall, cause now I have you hooked. I'm the perfect drug.........

Memph

i havent seen where MEMPH is outa line, he got attacked
so he attacked back more or less just disgreement get over it!
besides you dont have to read it , who forceing you to?

I gotta say, hybrid; in your post you warned everyone not to respond to Memphmann and then you responded to him. I, for one, don't like being told what the party line is and who is off-limits. <shrug> So I guess since this IS the off-topic section, I can keep on responding. Look, I don't like a lot of what he says any more than you do, but what I like less is lack of freedom of speech and a correct party line set forth by fiat.

Originally posted by Dee
I gotta say, hybrid; in your post you warned everyone not to respond to Memphmann and then you responded to him. I, for one, don't like being told what the party line is and who is off-limits. <shrug> So I guess since this IS the off-topic section, I can keep on responding. Look, I don't like a lot of what he says any more than you do, but what I like less is lack of freedom of speech and a correct party line set forth by fiat.

WOW, I actually feel abit of love coming my way :) Even if it is only for freedom of speech.......

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
Now look, we have a new god of this forum. Who sets the rules.

No you has to repond to my posts or read them. There are other threads on this site. But most can not stop reading my next posts. Can't wait to see what next comes onto their screen. Ten egg me on even more. Or voice their opinions. The internet is a free place to voice yourself. I write about what most ppl think, but dare not type. The truth shall set you free and I am free.

Now that you know what this tread contains, you are free not to click on this link. Free not to read my posts. Yet you shall, cause now I have you hooked. I'm the perfect drug.........

Memph
Menph, the world is a better place with you and probably indifferent to the above character who needs to thread another needle though you may not be god but only a delightful curmugeon. Hope you rolled brilliantly this wkend and blew by them all!

From Mymph's response Hybrid appears to be right that Memph is here for an ego trip.
I havn't and don't intend to read the middle section of this thread.
I think you picked a very cool topic (cycling fashion and fashion faux pas) to voice your off topic opinion.

The list missed: sunglasses, can be very cool on a cyclist but the wearing of yellow saftey glasses on a bike should be avoided at all costs.
Worn out and tranparent lycra shorts. It may be ok to wear these on a solo training ride, but please limit there use to just those rides.

Any more additions?

Brian

CYCLING FASHION FAUX PAS No.1
it's got to be a big pointy white helmet, teamed up with a not very aerodynamic big white gown. attaching a burning cross to your headset instead of hallogen lights would finish off this faux pas. i hear this is what they where in some areas of canada.

Originally posted by jacobxray
it's got to be a big pointy white helmet, teamed up with a not very aerodynamic big white gown. attaching a burning cross to your headset instead of hallogen lights would finish off this faux pas. i hear this is what they where in some areas of canada.

Never heard of that in Canada, but I've seen people HERE wear it! I grew up in Birmingham, Alabama amid Klan rallies and police brutality and now you have a clue as to my negative and persistent reaction to mindless discrimination and bigotry.

Originally posted by zaskar
i havent seen where MEMPH is outa line, he got attacked
so he attacked back more or less just disgreement get over it!
besides you dont have to read it , who forceing you to?
zaskar, where abouts in az are ya? you riding dirt, street or both??

Originally posted by jacobxray

Have you seen pictures of me riding...

You have Canada mistaken for down South. We have too much snow up here to wear white. Would never be seen. How would the crazy drivers on their dog sleds hit us......

Memph

Originally posted by chow
Menph, the world is a better place with you and probably indifferent to the above character who needs to thread another needle though you may not be god but only a delightful curmugeon. Hope you rolled brilliantly this wkend and blew by them all!

Thanx, had a good two days of riding. Got caught in the rain on Saturday, and nearly froze. Sunday was cold but not wet.

Getting too cold, so not too many riders still out for me to chase down :( Waiting patiently for the spring and a new herd of fresh meat....

Memph

Originally posted by Dee
Never heard of that in Canada, but I've seen people HERE wear it! I grew up in Birmingham, Alabama amid Klan rallies and police brutality and now you have a clue as to my negative and persistent reaction to mindless discrimination and bigotry.

I have also been around this. More so then most. This gives me a better opinion then someone who only looked in......

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
Thanx, had a good two days of riding. Got caught in the rain on Saturday, and nearly froze. Sunday was cold but not wet.

Getting too cold, so not too many riders still out for me to chase down :( Waiting patiently for the spring and a new herd of fresh meat....

Memph

What a difference. We rode part of the Natchez Trace yesterday down into Mississippi; it was 83 F (about 28 C). Rode through deer, wild turkey, cotton fields, and Indian mounds. Stopped to see where George Colbert (a Scot/Indian) charged Andrew Jackson $75,000 to ferry his troops across the Tennessee River in about 1810. Great ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.